Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: August 02, 2016 11:41PM

calling out OPie miss anybody ~

¿ why aren't your reponding to ziller's texts ? ~

~ plz respond ~

~ mebe we should start seeing other people ~

(srs)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: August 02, 2016 11:46PM

You had me at candlelight.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: August 03, 2016 12:18AM

And nothing happened after that. Ta da!

I once met some of his friends from a group he was in at a restaurant. A couple of the girls were jealously ribbing me about my slim figure. I thought it would make him notice me but it didn't. He just didn't react at all.

I remember reading about the women who threw themselves at the tall, handsome, mysterious looking Nikola Tesla only to be told that he had no interest in anything except the pursuit of science and that excluded women.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2016 12:21AM by anybody.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: August 03, 2016 01:11AM

Science without women? That's a false negative, I mean false positve. I'm gonna be a daddy?

Date: August 02, 2016 11:46PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 03, 2016 12:23AM

he might be gay. My very straight son just told me that that could be him. He is reserved and he says most women will make the first move. And he doesn't want to be accused of going too far. So, you just never know. Every person is different.

The statement that caught my eye is when he said his mother's cooking was better. That is what my ex said. And his mother never cooked. Go figure.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 03, 2016 01:57AM

Where do you live? Maybe he needs some competition.

Date: August 03, 2016 11:55AM

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: August 03, 2016 10:01PM

I've always had the hots for Michael Faraday - he never calls.

https://www.amazon.com/Experimental-Researches-Electricity-Michael-Faraday/dp/0486435059

Date: August 03, 2016 11:08PM

and had several illegitimate children. Johannes Kepler was really into mysticism. If I were going to pick a famous scientist to date, I'd pick someone like Leonardo da Vinci or Wernher von Braun who were brilliant and also socially charming.

Posted by: anon 4 this joke ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 12:20AM

Leonardo could have painted your portrait, but Von Braun could have sent you to the moon.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 12:27AM

latex dress ? seriously ?

Date: August 04, 2016 12:38AM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 12:58AM

I don't do latex well....

RB

Date: August 04, 2016 01:01AM

Unfortunately she's deaf and never checks her email. It will be a month or so before I see her. She knew him at Harvard in the early 50's where she was the hostess with the mostest (i.e. a really good cook and generous with meals.)

A lot of the scientists showed up for dinner at her apartment in Harvard Square (along with Ram Dass and ole Tim Leary.) She says the brightest scientists could explain to her in simple language what they were doing while the posers could not.

Michael Faraday, lower class and self educated genius who gave scientific lectures for the common folk , will always be #1 for me.

Date: August 04, 2016 06:15AM

I also admire Faraday for the same reason but Leonardo da Vinci was a visionary who saw the future. He was not only a great artist but also a scientist. When I was in school I was privileged to meet one of von Braun's colleagues who had been brought over from Germany to White Sands. Von Braun had charisma, liked fast cars and women, had several girlfriends and eventually married his cousin.

Wernher von Braun on Walt Disney
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eXIDFx74aSY

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2016 06:50AM by anybody.

Date: August 04, 2016 03:46PM

He was FUNNY! "What Do You care What other People Think" and "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman" were great reads.

Esp. the description of the Challenger O ring investigation when he couldn't get the waiter to bring him a glass of ice water to demonstrate why the O rings failed.

Maybe a little too bohemian for me. (I can't believe I said that. I must be old.)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.