Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 10:09PM

Please listen to what I'm saying. I have met three couples the last week who are on the verge of divorcing because one person is leaving your church and the believer-spouse can't deal with it. Your policies and teaching are PROMOTING divorce and HURTING families. Your teachings and polices about PEOPLE who are GAY are causing suicides, family dysfunction, and are DESTROYING GOOD PEOPLE. In the name of COMMON DECENCY, please consider the effects of your teaching and policies. Look at the evidence from your own statistics about divorce and family breakdowns in your church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 10:12PM

Holy Fetch, Boner! Do you think the Afossils care about the members!

Here's what they care about: If the non-believer spouse is the wage earner, that spouse is not likely to pay any tithing!! So if the non-earning TBM spouse divorces the apostate non-tithe payer, that TMB spouse will likely have to get a job, and will PAY TITHING!!!

See how it works?

Date: August 04, 2016 10:22PM

No, of course they don't care. It just is so obvious the needless hurt they're causing. Common decency, Dawg, just Common decency. I'm getting tired of seeing friends and family being torn apart. Mrs Boner s now telling people that my illnesses are because of the great guilt I feel because I left the church. I know, Bro, but the answer to your question is double health insurance.

Please give LS a big hug and squeeze from The Boner...ah...your Boner

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 10:37PM

Curious Mr Boner- is divorce being recommended by either Bishop or SP in these cases? Someway, someday somebody is going to attempt legal action against the tscc as a result... Hoping to see this as much as you hope to see the Boner...

Gatorman

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 10:56PM

Alienation of affection claims get short shrift these days...

Date: August 04, 2016 11:01PM

Howdy, Mr. Gatorman! In the past I think the local leaders promoted divorce. Now-a-days, probably not, but who knows--they're not trained to be marriage counsellors. Two different Utah lawyers have told me the number one cause for Utah divorce is religious differences. Both have said, Mormon leaders are blind to this statistic. Cheers, Bro! Boner.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 05, 2016 01:58PM

gatorman,

A little over 40 years ago, I lived in a family with a jack/inactive dad, a TBM mother, and three kids. My dad had served a mission, he and mom married in the SLC temple, but he'd been inactive since about 3 years after their marriage.

My mother had been going to her bishop interviews every year, getting her TR, and asking the various bishops what she should do about her inactive husband.

Finally, in 1974, one bishop told her that she must have a frank conversation with her husband: he had to come back to the church, and be a worthy husband, or she must divorce him, because he was dragging her and the children to outer darkness.

So she did. And he had no interest in coming back. So she divorced him, with not just the bishop's blessing, but from his explicit instructions.

Of course, I didn't find this out until 10 years or so later. And when I did find out, I found out that many bishops have given the same commands many times over.

So, yes -- they're telling "worthy" members to divorce their "unworthy" partners. And they have been for a very long time.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 11:12PM

Hey, Boner.

My wife is TBM and I'm nevermo. I made it clear 3 and a half years ago when we married that I wasn't going to convert. For the most part, we have agreed to disagree about TSCC. We have had maybe a half dozen arguments during our marriage, and each has been about TSCC, and each time my wife has suggested that we would be better off divorced. It has never been a threat so much as being resigned to mormonism being a major obstacle in our marriage. I've been able to talk her off the ledge by telling her how much I love her and that I refuse to let TSCC come between us. She is welcome to believe whatever she wants so long as it doesn't affect our marriage.

I think that part of her problem is that a part of her knows how weird TSCC is and is afraid that I will leave her because of it. The best I can do is to assure her that I love her.

Date: August 04, 2016 11:45PM

Hi Surprenant, my interpretation of a lot of my wife's fears and low self-esteem come from her Mormon background. My leaving has become the scapegoat for anything untoward that happens--"we can't get pregnant, you get cancer, the dog dies, there's a leak in the pipes"--all because I left the church and God is punishing us. No, we had difficulty with conception, I'm now cancer-free, the dog was 14, and the house has shitty plumbing.

From what you've written, I'd surmise that your wife's need to know that she is loved by you is heightened because of the conditional love she's experienced in Mormonism--just a thought. My sincere hope for you is that the two of you will grow together in love and purpose through marriage. You must love her very much and you show wisdom in understanding the conditioning.

Mormonism promotes cookie-cutter people. Well, fuck that! I refuse to take my humanity (with all its blemishes) and either pretend or try to be someone whom I'm not just because some old fart with a pencil up his ass says I'm not a good person. I suspect you feel the same. Here's to being human, to making mistakes, to loving people, to being earthy, to enjoying beer, and to dogs! The Boner.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 11:44PM

Those 15 fucking bedshitters don't give a rat's ass about families or marriages or fuck all else but the almigty tithing dollar....and they give bedshiiters a bad name!!

RB

Date: August 04, 2016 11:54PM

You're absolutely right, Ron! Someday, hopefully soon, those tithing dollars are going to dry up. Most Mormons, in my neck of the woods, seem to be aware that a lot of us have, or are getting ready, to leave.

Toss a cold one back for me. Ron! Although we've never met, your support and friendship is very much appreciated! In my TBM days, I would have been scandalized to associate with all the wonderful people here. But then, in my TBM days, I was horrified anytime someone said "fuck." Now, well, I'm making up for lost time. Stay strong, BRO!!!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 05, 2016 12:00AM

There's no line you can draw in the sand that Mormons won't cross. I got two for parents, and they had no scruples whatsoever.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: August 05, 2016 12:09AM

And for fuck sake tell your missionarys, I mean volunteers, about Joes "smart stone" before they bang on my door.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 05, 2016 12:20PM

Yeah, but if you lose belief because of the Church's lies and your family falls apart, it's your fault. And if you're gay and you kill yourself, that's your fault too. Nothing is ever the Church's fault.

I'd really hate to be these deluded fools. This is what they sold their souls for.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: August 05, 2016 12:31PM

When I left Mormonism more than 22 years ago, it was the lies, which includes omission of important information, that bothered me the most. I trusted these assholes. It became painfully clear that they do not care one bit about the average member. The lies are to protect the corporation and to continue the income streams of tithing, fast offerings, missionary work etc. The suicides and divorces mean nothing to them. They are only interested in the finances.

Do not expect these men to change who they are. Their loyalty is to the corporation.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: August 05, 2016 03:02PM

My ex was told by her bishop the tscc is more important than me. Hence, I'm an ex...

Posted by: Me too ( )
Date: August 05, 2016 06:09PM

incognitotoday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My ex was told by her bishop the tscc is more
> important than me. Hence, I'm an ex...
Same here after 42 years married.
I said no to a senoir mission and no to more invasion from lds...now im divorced.
Fuggem"

Posted by: Ron ( )
Date: August 07, 2016 02:23AM

The life of the corporation is what matters. Individuals don't count for anything. In order to protect the corporation, some people will have to get hurt. Broken marriages and wrecked families. No big deal! If there is a some human wreckage on the road to Glory, just bulldoze it aside and keep the machine running full speed ahead. If after awhile, the machine starts looking old, just give it a new coat of paint and drive it right over the top of anyone who dares to resist.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 06, 2016 03:10PM

"Family Values" have been supplanted by church expediency in Morland; Honesty, Kindness & Empathy, Respect-Compassion as well as Rrepentance & Forgiving left with them.

Leaders JUST DON'T CARE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2016 03:11PM by GNPE.

Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: August 06, 2016 05:55PM

just my opinion.

The encouragement for divorce.

1. husband inactive (major wage earner), wife active - encourage divorce.

2. husband active (major wage earner), wife inactive - no big deal.

If the active wife remains on the roles, it's potential for a non income producer. If she remarries a TBM, back to full income potential for the church.

If the active husband stays on the roles, income is undisturbed - all is well in Zion.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 07, 2016 12:07PM

I resigned from the church when I was single. One reason I left is because whoever I eventually ended up with, I wanted to put her first and to have her put me first. In my mind, the church should reside on a level below that relationship. I knew that I would never find that in the church. Your church should just be your church, not something that can interfere with your relationship or marriage. The mormon church leaders don't believe that. So screw them and their religion. My never-mormon sweetheart and I are happy without the church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.