Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: yolinda ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 01:30AM

I don't want to discuss sacred specifics here, but it does bother me how Elohim acts dumb when he knows exactly what Lucifer is doing. What is it with money? It has always bothered me to see cash registers in the temple clothing rental area of many of the temples.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2016 01:30AM by yolinda.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pathdocmd ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 02:17PM

I have had the same thoughts. Elohim doesn't know where Adam and Eve are, what they have been doing or what the serpent has been doing.

Also, why does Jesus have to ask at the veil, "What is wanted?" after the three taps?

While we are on this topic, what about Abraham and Isaac? After stopping the sacrifice god says through the angel, "Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.” Apparently god didn't know that beforehand.

When I went through my "Christian" phase after leaving Mormonism I still believed in the Bible but I had never read the OT. I decided I needed to read it cover to cover. My belief in the Bible and Jehovah evaporated before I was half way through Genesis.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 02:23PM

JS conceived it all as 'filler', a big build up to the temple finale, which back at that time featured wine, women and...more women. He made it up, figuring that no one was going to think about the logic of the situation; they'd all be too busy anticipating the pleasant ribaldry of the finishing acts, the ones featuring the beds.

Occam's Razor!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 02:26PM

People dress in funny clothes and chant magical words while they rearrange their clothes and make strange gestures. This is secret but not in the least bit sacred.

The world needs to know about it so they won't be fooled into joining a destructive cult which will tap into their time and bank accounts.

Posted by: JVN087 ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 02:40PM

You can see them on YouTube and they were in Big Love... the secret is out!

Posted by: JVN087 ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 02:44PM

So even as a non-mormon from the East Coast I have witnessed the sacred secret ceremonies... it reminded me of when I was a kid and my dad was in the Elks Lodge... they had a Mothers Day ceremony with solemn serious tones and cheesy organ music... I hated it!

I could never take the temple ceremony with a straight face, but I was not raised to think it was mystical, spriritual or important in anyway

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 06:31PM

"I don't want to discuss sacred specifics here"

Why not? We discuss them here every day. You can watch the entire endowment ceremony on youtube. I have some personal friends who joined the LDS church a couple of years ago, then resigned from it after watching the endowment ceremony video.

"but it does bother me how Elohim acts dumb when he knows exactly what Lucifer is doing."

Yep, it's almost as though the script was written by an ordinary human being, rather than being inspired by an all-knowing deity, isn't it.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 07:02PM

In the temple movie, God is asking everyone else what's going on down on the planet Earth. They say they don't know, but they'll go down and check it out and report back.

Whatever happened to God knows our every act and thought? He only had two people to keep track of, so why wasn't he? It's not like he was busy up there in the room with no furniture and just sitting on a cloud. Why didn't he go down there himself? And where was Jesus and the Holy Ghost during this whole saga?

Why wasn't God chatting it up with them? Where were those two while Satan was busy corrupting Eve? Why send PJ&J? How would Adam and Eve know who those guys were? I don't think A&E had any books to read, and the Bible hadn't been written yet. And wouldn't A&E think it was weird that everyone but them had clothes to wear? Even God wasn't frolicking around naked. A&E act like they didn't know they were naked. How is it you wouldn't know that when Satan, God, and PJ&J were all dressed and ready for Church? Satan had the best outfit of all of them, he even has an apron on.

And why did he ask A&E if they'd sold their tokens for money? Just who exactly would they be selling them to? And where would they get money or why would they need any? That part really makes zero sense. Sure you can sell anything for money, but first you have to have people, money, and something to sell. The whole thing is a badly written disconnected play.

Satan has the major part, and he's even better looking than God. How did God let that happen? Satan even talks to everyone including the audience. God doesn't even give the audience so much as a glance. He comes across as a lazy butt head.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2016 07:15PM by madalice.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 07:33PM

madalice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whatever happened to God knows our every act and
> thought?

That's what was going through my mind my first time through; I was wondering why the hell I had to learn all these secret passwords and handshakes to get into the CK -- wouldn't god, who knew everything, already know I had been a good little TBM, and just let me in?

Not my first "what the hell" moment in mormondumb, but a big one. Another step on my journey out.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 08:13PM

God is like Marlon Brando, and he sends people with names like Rocko and Paulie to take care of business; he don't need to get his hands dirty, ya know?

"Leave the gospel, take the cannoli..."

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 07:14PM

Too bad they don't sell snacks for the movie.

A box of Milk Duds or Raisinets would really help tide things over until the next time I get to see Eve's bare shoulders.

I guess upper management frowns on folks saying, "Oh God, hear the words of my mouth" with their mouths full of Milk Duds.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: August 10, 2016 07:28PM

"Too bad they don't sell snacks for the movie.

"A box of Milk Duds or Raisinets would really help tide things over until the next time I get to see Eve's bare shoulders."

I'm afraid that the only snacks offered would be whole wheat bread, green jello with shredded carrots, and Postum.

Posted by: yolinda ( )
Date: August 12, 2016 12:06AM

Why is Elohim such a dum dum? He knows not where Adam is hiding.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.