Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: EX-Mormon Radio ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 12:22PM

A lot of people have been asking for the link(I apologize if someone else has already posted it..I couldn't find it), so here it is. Get the barf bag ready, as this is horrific. Since I originally posted this, in November of 2013; it has had 60,000+ downloads(10,000+ in just the last day), so spread the word & share it with as many people, in as many places as possible. Children are simply not safe, alone, in a Mormon Bishop's office, behind closed doors. I dedicated an entire show to this sick audio.

I have no limitations on downloads, so share away! The whole world needs to hear this! Notice the Bishop also says that this type of sick, sexual questioning should start at 5, yes 5 years old, because Satan is going after kids younger & younger these days. Wait, I thought kids were safe from Satan until the "age of accountability", 8 years old?!

I want this practice to end NOW & that is one of my goals, to stop it & shame & embarrass Mormon Inc., with this audio being spread far & wide, to expose their horrific abuse, happening behind closed doors, in secret. It's hard to believe that this is legal, under the guise of "religion." If any of us did what Mormon Bishops do; we'd be in prison & on the sex offender registry for life.

http://t.co/sSMRldaUq1

Let's NEVER forget the tragic & needless suicide of Kip Eliason & what this type of questioning, regarding masturbation, did to him:

https://web.archive.org/web/20131021180407/http://www.affirmation.org/suicide_info/sin_and_death_in_mormon_country.shtml

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 01:28PM

Yes, we've been discussing it, but it needs wide exposure. So thanks for putting up the link.

Here is the transcript:

http://bishopsinterview.blogspot.com/?view=classic&m=1

Posted by: How Dare You? ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 02:02PM

How dare you victimize this poor bishop, who is only doing his job? How are you?

He is right; Lucifer is going after kids younger and younger, so this line of questioning should absolutely start at five, or better yet, four.

This is another example of anti's leaving the Church, but never leaving it alone.

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 02:13PM

A perfect example of cult thinking. We'll leave this one up.

CZ (admin)

Posted by: woohoo again ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 04:51PM

How Dare You? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [his / her outrage]

"Victize?"

The bishop is a victim for having his "wise counsel" published.

If you believe what you wrote, that children need this "protection," I would think that you would want the conversation to be printed in pamphlets and dropped from helicopters.

Notice that "we" are not the ones posting on a pro-LDS site. Who is it again, not leaving whom alone?

I have only one question for you:

Are you on this site with or without your bishop's permission?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 06:29PM

How Dare You? Wrote:
> How dare you victimize this poor bishop, who is only doing his job?

And the Nazis were only doing their jobs.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 07:24PM

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 09:11PM

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 09:26PM

Topper Wrote:
> n/t

I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth, but my take on Cheryl's reply was that she perhaps felt that How Dare You's response was so far out there that it might possibly have been tongue-in-cheek. I agree;it's so ridiculous that it's funny, whether intentionally so or not. I don't think anyone was suggesting that the original post was not the real deal.

Date: August 14, 2016 05:51AM

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 02:08PM

This: "Bishop: Then I would be very sad that he doesn't know the bishop well enough to know a bishop's interview because his whole life he'll be asked very embarrassing questions by men he barely knows that are his priesthood leaders."

Date: August 13, 2016 02:47PM

He's stretching his authority to the max by using TR questions for 7 year olds who will be baptized at age 8.

It's bad enough that bishops ask this of older kids and adults, but this is beyond anything I've heard until now. Nurses, doctors, and school teachers would lose their credentials or be disciplined for this kind of behavior. This bishop needs to be drummed out of his calling and shouldn't be in charge of anything more than setting up folding chairs and cleaning toilets.

Date: August 13, 2016 05:57PM

The problem is, that he clearly states that he was taught by the Stake President, who was taught by the Area Presidency, who were taught by the Big 15. This is standard training & protocol.

So basically, it comes straight from the top. So I agree with your statement "this Bishop needs to be drummed out of his calling and shouldn't be in charge of anything more than setting up folding chairs and cleaning toilets" but it also applies all the way up the ladder, directly to Thomas S. Monson & the other 14.

I personally think these men should all be charged, convicted & imprisoned & on the sex offender registry for life. They are disgusting perverts! They should be treated just like any other person on the planet, that behaves in this way & not be able to hide behind "religious beliefs" & have to answer to the law.

And this coming from a church that brought us polygamy/polyandry & that pretends to be so moral & against sexual perversions.

As Alanis Morissette once sang..HOW IRONIC!

Date: August 13, 2016 04:18PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 05:03PM

Unbelievable. It's just as much a sex cult as ever.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 05:22PM

This sort of abuse should never be "left alone."

Date: August 13, 2016 05:35PM

This was another public comment I got regarding this sick audio, kind of like the one above from "How Dare You?"(is that for real?)..I entitled the audio "Confessions of a Mormon Bishop":

Rolando Barahona:

After listening this I just only want to say... "well done Bishop! Fantastic! awesome!" I have to be an ignorant, stupid idiot if I do not teach my kids about Sexuality in this world the way it is right now... Unless I live in Mars! Hurra for the Bishop!

And by the Way... What do you mean by the title "confessions"?

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 05:37PM

One of the most evil things about the Mormon church is making people...not just children, but all people...feel bad about their bodies and their sexuality. There are long-term consequences involving shame, fear, and sexual disfunction. One of the reasons I hate this cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2016 05:37PM by DebbiePA.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 06:44PM

This is appalling!

Date: August 13, 2016 06:59PM

This is so repugnant that I am trying to shut it off, and I can't turn it off. I may have to restart my computer. This is horrifying and sickening.

Posted by: overit ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 07:17PM

Even as tbm I would not allow this line of questioning to my children

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: August 13, 2016 09:10PM

The bishop, like most Mormon leaders, is one smooth talker--reframing the argument ("Is not the law of chastity a principle of the gospel?"), making veiled threats ("I think you're making a mistake by delaying baptism heaven forbid should he be killed in a car accident that's something that you should have to deal with"), and appealing to authority ("That is not the way we have been instructed as bishops").

The only way to fight this fire is with fire, and what the father should have done is resorted to the same tactics: direct, combative questioning like, "You and the leadership seem very interested in the sexual proclivities of little boys. Tell me, did you become a sexual pervert when you became a bishop, or were you one before? Exactly how many children have you asked about their masturbation habits? Why do you and your superiors enjoy talking to children about their private parts so much? Have you ever talked to a psychologist about this obsession? Would you prefer I give your home or office number to the reporter I will be contacting when I leave your office?"

Mormons are very good at shifting issues to put themselves on the offensive; where they flounder is when they have to defend actions which are indefensible, as we've seen in recent years, and that's the only way to go after them: keep the conversation laser-focused on the real issue, don't let them shift that focus, and keep them squirming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2016 09:11PM by Anziano Young.

Date: August 13, 2016 10:10PM

Child Welfare Services for this county needs to hear this.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 14, 2016 03:21AM

A revolting episode.

This is one sick bishop who thoroughly gets off on his 'duties' as bishop. The fear he has of loosing his calling and, therefore his access to these children, is palpable and he uses every trick in his arsenal to get the father to comply with his demands.

I hope the father and mother who are doing the right thing for their son are able to keep strong and that this incident will be a jumping board that encourages them to see the cult for what it is. Here's wishing they report the bishop's tirade to the proper authorities, letting them hear the recording as it speaks for itself so well.

Date: August 14, 2016 04:12AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.