Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: August 20, 2016 01:19PM

I am about to leave for the Chattanooga beer fest. My neighbor, who is also a good friend, and I are going together. We have a hotel rooms for tonight right next to the festival so there will be no driving tonight. It will be fun to sample a variety of beers. There will be over 50 breweries represented with over 120 different beers. I am not encouraging heavy drinking by any means if any TBMs are reading this. This has been a good time every year we have gone.

It is great to be out of the corporation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 20, 2016 01:30PM

Obviously you have a program, cuz otherwise you can't tell who the players are!

Have you prepared a score card? I bet that in the later innings it's going to look sloppy!!

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 20, 2016 02:45PM

Arizona Beer Festival is Feb 9-18.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 20, 2016 02:50PM

will there be beer pong ?

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: August 21, 2016 09:22AM

It's great to be normal. In the real world, adults never need to apologize for attending a beer fest.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 21, 2016 09:24AM

That sounds great, Eric! I have to admit that one of my concerns about attending beer and wine festivals is transportation home. Well that, and the cost. I'll get it figured out someday. Have a great time!

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: August 21, 2016 09:28AM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have to admit that one of my concerns about attending beer and wine festivals is transportation home.

The man just gave you the solution! Unless you can convince a TBM friend to tag along...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 21, 2016 11:23AM

There are no hotels located near the sites used in my county for beer and wine festivals. So I would be looking at a $20-30 cab ride on top of a $40 ticket. That's a little bit pricey for this schoolmarm. Plus I would be looking for a cab at the same time that hundreds of other people are looking for a cab.

As I said, at some point I'll get it figured out. Once I pay off my mortgage I'll have more money in my pocket. Then it will be time to cut loose. :)

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: August 21, 2016 03:44PM

I got no $ either but have a useless degree in events such as these. By all means contact the promoters of these events including alcohol and ask for a solution. If there is not a DUI avoiding solution provided then the event is not suitably organized for your patronage.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.