Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rockfish(not logged in) ( )
Date: May 06, 2011 12:28PM

So it's been quite awhile since I've posted last. I'm almost done with my 2 year degree and will be headed up to a state university about an hour and a half outside my current town. So I've been really busy with school, looking for an apartment and all that kind of stuff.

I believe my old posts are still on here but just in case...
My boyfriend left on a mission in early November, we broke up, I had this feeling that any of what he was doing just wasn't right for him so I'd write him letters trying to push him further and further... turns out he was somewhat questioning things beginning in the MTC. His mission lasted 3 months after which he came back home. His reason was that he was having major doubts but to get him home faster he confessed he was not worthy to be serving a mission (which is true).

So he came back and there were a few problems because of his parents. But they have either come to accept it (or more likely ignore it and are still in denial). But now things are working out great and he's completely fallen away from TSCC without looking back.

We laugh and joke when his TBM friends try and preach to him. One has said that 'he has lost the sparkle in his eyes.' Which is such BS. I've heard Boyfriend say that in his entire life, he's never felt more peaceful and more at ease with himself since he has denounced his religion.

Boyfriend is going to go to the community college that's really close to mine, so we'll still be living pretty close to each other. He's really excited to get out of his house (we both are) because his family is driving him crazy.

He's been done with the church for some time now. He just told me this morning that his Bishop who has been trying to get him to talk to him for some time now, said that if he doesn't have a meeting with him soon, he will be excommunicated.

Oh the horror! Boyfriend doesn't really care either way. In the beginning he said that he really didn't see himself getting angry or upset at anything related to Mormonism. But lately I've found him going off on one thing or another related to TSCC. Which I think is awesome that he's finally able to talk about it and wants to talk about it.

Basically, things are going wonderful and I'm a very happy lady!
Sorry for the briefness of the update but I've got finals to get to!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: May 06, 2011 12:30PM

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear you & BF are happy and that he's putting the cult behind him!

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: May 06, 2011 12:40PM

and let them start the ex proceedings and then have him walk in and hand them his resignation letter!!(after he does that they CANNOT ex him!! ) that will chap their asses! :)

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: May 06, 2011 12:47PM

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: May 06, 2011 12:49PM

One suggestion for boyfriend - tell him that if bishop threatens excommunication, he should threaten bishop with attorney and media. That should shut the bishop up I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2011 12:51PM by michael.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 06, 2011 02:09PM

Sounds like things are going well for you both, despite interference from those pesky Mormons. I liked what you said about being at peace because I certainly feel that way myself, in spite of still trying to unravel from Mormonism. Good luck to you.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 06, 2011 07:27PM

I'm glad to hear that things are going well for both of you. Wonderful!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 07, 2011 01:26AM

Glad things are going well. I know each must make up their own mind, but if he is SURE he is never going back, why doesn't he resign? Of course excommunication is a joke, but it gives THEM power. No way would I do that. Best wishes in your studies and beginning a new life free of Mormonism.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 07, 2011 12:52PM

First, glad it's all working out. Best of luck to you. I've probably read all your posts.

Second, the LDS church excommunicates you for doing stuff they believe is wrong. Having doubts or disbelief, or even premarital sex is not wrong. The whole shame of excommunication could also be very rough indeed on his parents. Just spare everyone by having him resign his membership. It takes only moments, and there is plenty of help on-line on how to write up a letter (even on this website). It takes affect as soon as it's in the mail system. He writes it, he posts it, he's out. It's really that simple. And you can also resign by E-mail now.

Don't let him get excommunicated. Then you're letting the church have its own way when he could be doing it on his own terms.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.