Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 03:34AM

Okay, so who here on this board has worn garments in the bedroom and actually had an improvement in there sexual encounters with your spouse? well im gonna guess a very LOW percentage rate of people! stories please! and please do be funny!~~(-:

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2016 03:41AM by damyn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spintobear ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 04:35AM

Well in the old days, there was a trap door on the back for easy access.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 04:29PM

I know that when I was married (back in the trap door days), it had been a fairly new directive that you could take them off for marital relations (godforbid they use the S word). I mean, you really didn't need to, the necessary bodily parts were easily accessible. But they put it in a kind of like "If you HAVE to, then do it only for relations and get them back on immediately." So you were so worried that you might have them off a little too early or lay there without them a little too long, so sometimes it just wasn't worth the trouble.

It was more of a no-brainer with the 2 piece. I mean, at least half of it had to come off. How stupid those things were. Hard to believe that in this day and age, people still fall for it--for a church dictating their underwear. But as I've said before, when they can control you right down to your undies, you belong to them and they know it.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 08:22AM

I seriously doubt it. My parents were garment wearing horndogs. Maybe I need to pull out the old garments.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 08:45AM

I can only imagine the horror if I'd been wearing garmies the first time my Catholic girlfriend (now my wife) and I got naked. After busting a gut laughing at me she'd have packed up and left.

RB

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 08:52AM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
-----------------------------------------
> I can only imagine the horror if I'd been wearing
> garmies the first time my Catholic girlfriend (now
> my wife) and I got naked. After busting a gut
> laughing at me she'd have packed up and left.
>
> RB
==========================================
Not necessarily! It would depend on what was underneath those ugglee unders!

At least, that's what THIS hot old ex-Catholic girl says.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2016 09:16AM by Doxi.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 09:40AM

I think it's more about what's in the mind of the garment wearer. If you're loaded with shame and guilt and all the other things The Church® attaches to sex, then it's not going to be very good.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 03:00PM

That's what I think as well, if the garment wearer has bought into the guilt and shame, then the sex isn't going to be very good at all. It's just one of the ways TSCC ruins the sex lives of its membership.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 09:56AM

What is this good sex you speak of?

Posted by: idahobanana ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 04:13PM

For me - the garments allowed me to cover my body completely - and thus neglect my body completely. The only time I was uncovered was in the shower or during sex (often with lights out).

The reason this was problematic for my sex life was because A. I felt horridly unsexy in them.

And B. Because my body was always covered, it more easily allowed me to be in denial about how badly I was treating my body and how much weight I was gaining. Food and sugar were my only escapes in a life that I hated (the LDS Plan of Happiness was truly a plan of misery for me) - and popping out babies like I was supposed to did a number on my stomach.

When I became an exmo, I took off the garments and bought regular undies.

And what I saw horrified me. I couldn't believe that I had let my body get into such a state of disrepair. And I really hadn't been conscious of it because I never looked at it in the mirror. Just put on garments immediately after showering like I was taught to in the temple.

Looking at my body in normal underwear for the first time since high school was such a revelation! No wonder I had felt unattractive! I WAS actually fat! It wasn't all in my head.

For women, lots of our sex drive is affected by how sexy we feel. And the garments were a double whammy for me. I was trying so hard to toe the line with exactness that I lost who I was, I lost out on what could have possibly been good sex, and I lost my identity.

Hate those fucking things. One of my favorite days was when I threw them in the trash - WITHOUT cutting off the markings, just for spite. And then I went and bought me some FUN underwear.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 04:18PM

I can relate. Garments remove your shape from view. The clothing you have to wear to cover them is usually frumpy and made me feel older than I was.

When I took off the garments, I felt like i'd lost 10 lbs.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 04:50PM

I feel so much for every Touch person who has ever had to wear garments...

In addition to the many valid complaints on other levels, it would so often (and probably increasingly, as time went by) feel like love itself had been reduced (or even eliminated) from life.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 04:55PM

No, garments do not worsen your chance of good sex. Years and years of brainwashing, repressing you to a shell of what should have been a healthy, well-developed, NORMAL sexual human being... THAT worsens your chance of good sex.

It ain't the clothes. It's what's in your head.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.