Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ragnar ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 05:47AM

I'm headed for London in early November to attend a Paul Simon concert. It'll be at the Royal Albert Hall. We'll also stay a couple of days for sight-seeing. Any recommendations as to hotels in the area?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 07:37AM

Motel 6?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 07:39AM

A friend of mine traveled to London this past summer and did very well using Air B and B.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 09:55AM

I've used airBNB twice, first time was a great experience. price, friendliness of owners, accommodation, cleanliness, amenities.
The second time completely cancelled out the first experience. it was the exact opposite and I dont know if I will ever trust an airBNB place again.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 10:06AM

My family has had mostly good experiences. One owner cancelled when a family member asked to add another person after the reservation had already been made. She just found another Air BnB rental and it was fine.

Posted by: Britboy ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 08:05AM

With the underground system as long as you are near a tube stop you can easily get to The Royal Albert Hall! For clean basic but good Premier Inn or Travelodge. Accor group are good too, Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn express also good!

Posted by: ragnar ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 09:16AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I was in London almost 3 years ago and used the underground then. It worked out well for the most part. However, I was able to get disoriented and then lost at one of their stations...

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 10:00AM

I've never had cause to book a London Hotel, so cant help there

However, if you find the centre too expensive, bear in mind that it is very easy, safe and cheap to travel on London transport, and you can be in the Centre in a relatively short time.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 10:18AM

I prefer Claridge's, but that's further up in Mayfair. Couldn't you ask the Queen if you can crash on one of the couches in the White Drawing Room?

Seriously though.

thediplomathotel.co.uk

considering the area, this is a reasonable rate for an excellent hotel. I stayed there once, very nice and right around the corner from Sloan Square.

Posted by: lydia100 ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 10:22AM

We stayed in a thistle Hyde park hotel when going to the royal albert hall. Very good.
Also agree with the Travelodge. We use one at Straford East London, very good transport links and good prices

Have fun.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 11:14AM

Posted by: anony ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 11:24AM

I second the earlier votes for the Travelodge or Premiere Inn. Reserve far in advance and Travelodge rooms are very reasonable: clean, the basics and you can spend your money saved on a daytime experience or concert Tshirt.

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 12:20PM

Ibis hotels have been reasonable and convenient for me in the past in London.

Posted by: Ukanon ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 05:36PM

look for the Premier Inn London County Hall. It is on the opposite side of Westminster bridge, so if you get a riverside room you will be looking straight across the river at Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament - about as 'London' as you can get. It's next to the London Eye, well worth a ride and just a couple of minutes walk from Waterloo station and the underground.
Not sure how much it is, but if you book asap you might get a good rate.
Check out the location on their website.

Enjoy.

Posted by: cityworker ( )
Date: August 28, 2016 04:59AM

Not too near your venue (a ride on the district line away) but I can recommend the Premier Inn at Bank Tower Bridge, its right by the Monument where the fire of London started. It's also in the Financial District so quiet at Evenings / Weekends

There is also a nice one across the River at Bankside, right near Borough Market, Tate Modern, Golden Hinde Ship, plus a load of other stuff.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.