Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 03:01PM

In the Amboy, Journal, April 30, 1879 published in Amboy, Ill. Joseph and Hiel Lewis told their recollections of Joseph Smith's digging days, mentioning his ability to turn on his tears:

"Their digging in several places was in compliance with peeper Smith's revelations, who would attend with his peep-stone in his hat, and his hat drawn over his face, and would tell them how deep they wold have to go; but when they would find no trace of the chest of money, he would peep again, and weep like a child, and tell them the enchantment had removed it on account of some sin or thoughtless word.... Smith could weep and shed tears in abundance at any time, if he chose."

I've heard it mentioned numerous times of ole Joey's ability to use his speaking skill and charm to con and manipulate, but this is news to me to hear it said,

"Smith could weep and shed tears in abundance at any time, if he chose."

Must add this talent to his acting resume.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TheBishop'sDaughter ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 03:42PM

Sounds like every person in TSCC haha! They think. Crying = truth

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 27, 2016 07:22PM

Yessiree, Joey and Swaggart tears are identical.... I bet the two are related somewhere on their geneology tree.

Tears for zee money....tiny, medium, large or extra large size droplets will cost you increasingly more moolah.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.