Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 08:09PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 08:30PM

Friday

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 09:31PM

I get mine on the second Wednesday of the month rather than on a date.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 09:38PM

Me too.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 10:14PM

mine is the 4th Tuesday. I remember when everyone got their SS checks mailed out to them to receive the 3rd. I worked in a bank for years and the lines would be out the door as people came in to deposit their check.

Now, I don't even know if you can get a check. Does anyone not have it direct deposit?

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 11:02PM

I also thought everyone got SS by direct deposit now, as it's rare for people to get paper checks. Most employers have been making the switch to direct deposit in the last 15 or so years, to the point where people getting a paper check is going to be even rarer than it is now.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 31, 2016 02:16PM

I had direct deposit with my employers, but I'd still get a check-like object every two weeks showing gross, withholdings and net amount.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 11:18PM

In some SS programs, folks get their checks on the 3rd. I did at first, then got switched to another category, and got it on a specific day of the week, each month. Then, finally got it all settled and went back to getting my check on the 3rd of each month.

If the 3rd falls on a weekend or a holiday, you get your check on the last regular business day (Monday through Friday) before the 3rd. So if the 3rd is a Saturday or a Sunday or a Monday holiday, your check will be deposited on the Friday before all of that. Even if your personal bank is open on Saturdays, your check should still be released to you on Friday. That's because not all banks are open on Saturday, and it's easier to go with what works in every case.

If the 3rd is a holiday on any other day of the week, your check will be deposited on the preceding business day.

According to my bank manager.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 31, 2016 01:32AM

They were just beginning to issue checks on days other than the 3rd when I retired.

Sometimes I still have nightmares about being back at work. . .good old Government-issued PTSD. During about five of the nine years I worked in Louisiana, we had the Manager from Hell, a dictatorial harridan who threatened to fire anybody who tried to do union organizing in the office. This is against agency policies, but that never bothered her.

The day she announced that she was retiring, we were so stunned that we didn't even dare to glance at one another in the break room. I remember my closest friend in the office silently mouthing the words "OMG" at me as the meeting broke up and we moved to our desks.

I had to deal with her as well as an abusive husband, whom I eventually was able to ditch. It was NOT a happy time.

Helping my DH file for his SS brought on a case of flashbacks and nightmares. He was able to file online, with me coaching him through it. I don't think he ever realized that just doing this made me start shaking, from very unhappy memories of my time with that agency. I'm SO glad it's over.

The day I walked out of that building for the last time, I walked to the parking garage and just sat in my car and cried for probably half an hour. I never thought I would survive long enough to retire.

Posted by: my2cents ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 12:05AM

Mine comes direct deposit on the 4th Wednesday of the month. That schedule can be as much as a week different from month to month, depending on how the dates fall. My bank always releases the funds on the Tuesday before, since they have the funds, they don't wait until wednesday.

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 02:59AM

Our disabled son gets his SSI check (direct deposit) on the 1st of each month. If the first falls on a weekend, he gets it on the Friday before. I would assume this would be the same for someone who gets it on the third of each month.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 03:51PM

I receive my SSA payment on the second Wednesday of every month (regardless of date) and my wife receives hers on the fourth Wednesday of every month. We have been been on direct deposit from the start several years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2016 03:51PM by Templar.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 06:03PM

In Canada, monthly government pensions are direct deposited on a the 2nd last business day of the month.

RB

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 06:48PM

If you typically get your SS payment on the 3rd of the month, then it will arrive on Friday because it's the closest business day.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.