Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mitchellispod ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 09:22PM

dixx's.

Even family member mormons.

I'm not having a faith crisis.

Just because I don't accept some extra crazy stuff as historical doesn't mean that something is wrong with me.

God didn't tell JS to marry extra wives
The BOM is an 19th century comic book as is the BOA

Pointing out those two things doesn't mean that I don't believe in God, or that I am a bad person.

Saying I believe in those things after even the most cursory amount of study would show I'm either dishonest or dumb.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 09:28PM

...or hopeful! Or scared to piss off mom.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 09:48PM

ziller can confirm this thred

mormons are dixx's.

Even family member mormons.

ziller is not having a faith crisis.

Just because ziller don't accept some extra crazy stuff as historical doesn't mean that something is wrong with ziller.

God didn't tell JS to marry extra wives

The BOM is an 19th century comic book as is the BOA

Pointing out those two things doesn't mean that ziller don't believe in God, or that ziller am a bad person.

Saying ziller believes in those things after even the most cursory amount of study would show ziller am either dishonest or dumb.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 09:49PM

You're not part of the problem. They are.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 09:53PM

It does make one question reality, doesn't it?

When seeing Mormonism for what it is, without blinders and minus the tunnel vision.

It's a mixed bag when you're in the minority with family who are diehards.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 10:12PM

I was thinking similar things while in an eatery here in SoCal; looking at the wonderful mix of ethnic types with all different shapes and faces and family stories from around the world I thought "What gall the mormons had to tell polynesians and native americans that are "Jews"! And how unhappy should Jewish people be that Joe Smith co-opted their history!

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 01:02AM

If you walk on egg shells, your family will keep making egg shells to walk on. It might be better to get used to that crunching sound.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 05:42AM

I would just remind them that Christianity was around for a long time before Mormonism came along.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 05:49AM

Add to this that Christianity piggy backed on Judaism which was around much longer than Christianity. ;)

The Jews have commented they could survive very well (maybe better off even,) without Christianity. One could not say the inverse is true - because Christianity would not exist were it not for Judaism.

Don't get me wrong. I still love Jesus. Just the Jewish Jesus, not the Christian one. Maybe he did come to save the Gentiles. As for the Jews, they were already saved. :)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 08:04AM

Exactly. Mormons did not invent the concept of God.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 07:05AM

I know Jesus likes his sunbeams and all, but there's something wrong with a religion that needs you to be a walking brain stem.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 09:17AM

What's a dixx's?

It's OK, you can write the word you meant to: dicks

Seriously, you can use a "swear" word and mormon jesus isn't going to tell your bishop. :)

Posted by: xe ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 10:11AM

I tried to tell my mom that I was having doubts, and she basically called me lazy, prideful, and selfish. Which is amazing considering I barely have the willpower to get out of bed most days and I have amazingly low self-esteem. But, yeah, I'm prideful and arrogant for sincerely wanting to find out the truth.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.