Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 05:02AM

https://www.campuspride.org/campus-pride-releases-new-shame-list-with-the-absolute-worst-campuses-for-lgbtq-youth-in-the-nation/

BYU and the church must feel so proud to be listed with the likes of Liberty University and Southern Baptist University.

As far as I can tell, BYU is the biggest university that made the list. As always, the "inspired" prophets are decades behind everyone else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2016 05:11AM by Atari.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 09:21AM

The Lard's University has been on *my* "shame list" for at least 35 years. :)

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 10:27AM

BYU is by far the largest institution on the list. And I know TBMs will be like "well, they're all religious institutions, of course they would all be following their (so-called) values."

Really? Where's SMU, Notre Dame, Georgetown, Boston College, Emory, Rhodes, just to name a few? Other religiously based colleges and universities are able to be tolerant and diverse. BYU is up there with the likes of Liberty. It should be ashamed. But instead, they're probably proud to be Bigot U.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 11:48AM

Another of the places on the list, "The Master's College for Christ and Scripture," has this on their web page:

"The Department of Home Economics – Family and Consumer Sciences bases its program on Titus 2:3-5 and seeks to raise up women who exercise good time management, manage the family finances, cook nutritious meals, practice hospitality, joyfully submit to their husbands, and raise their children in the "fear and admonition of the Lord."

So, not only very gay-unfriendly, but woman-unfriendly too.
Just like BYU.

edit: I found out there was a "university" (enrollment about 100) not far from me on the list. And what a wonderful place for open, honest discussion it is! Here's part of their mission statement:

"John Paul the Great Catholic University intentionally seeks to avoid causing controversy and confusion among its students in matters of faith. JPCatholic seeks to shape and form solid Catholic leaders and innovators poised to put into action the teachings of Jesus Christ, and not to become agitators for change on matters of doctrine."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2016 12:06PM by ificouldhietokolob.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 12:36PM

And Gonzaga didn't make the list.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 02:35PM

It's a shame they call it a university.

Posted by: walt disney ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 03:13PM

Where's BYU-H?

Are the Hawaii'ans so busy chillaxin' they forgot to hate "the gheys"?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 01, 2016 11:07AM

Well this is a crying shame!

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: September 01, 2016 05:20PM

BYU Hawaii? They aren't on the list.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.