Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 04:56AM

I know it seems kind of dark but these are my feelings. I personally feel that when that bastard's final breath leaves his chest, the world will be a little bit better of a place.

I know, someone else will take his mantle. But Monson is an evil man. So much suffering has occurred under his rule.

I hope he is in pain. I hope he dies slowly. I hope his last moments on earth are filled with the fear of death, and fear of an afterlife of torment for his sins.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Richard Foxe ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 05:51AM

We think they're like surgical strikes, pinpointing a culprit, but such wishes (actually "prayers"!) are like a shotgun, with widespread collateral damage. Would you hold the same feeling for: your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/child/or anyone whom you love most in this world? Or for yourself? If not, don't aim blindly at another. I solemnly feel that what we want for others is a projection of what we really want for ourselves, so such wishes make us into suicide bombers.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 05:16PM

Such wishes are absolutely meaningless. Like prayer.

Date: September 06, 2016 06:52PM

Like your mind has no relation to its contents?

In a sense you're right: our thoughts are meaningless in an absolute sense. We give them, as well as our perceptions, all the meaning they have for us. And yet they do reflect what we value.

Everyone's going to die. What does it mean, "can't wait for him to die"? Isn't it strange that someone should subjectively mark others for continued life or immediate death? That id level of judgment is usually covered up in civilized society as one realizes how absolutely self-centered and murderous it is. Please me, you can live; displease me, you can DIE!

There are several ways to call out such insanity. One of the most convincing for me is to recognize that what I wish on others is a projection of what I wish on myself, in denial of course (hence projected onto others).

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 07:14PM

The whole thing about "we manifest what we think" is ultimately hogwash. The fact that I have to repeatedly point it out to you is getting, frankly, a bit old.

Date: September 06, 2016 08:43PM

What "kind" of thinking are you reading into this? I'm talking about ordinary thought patterns, nothing magical. And not geared to producing some outside effect, but revealing one's own projective tendencies.

You have in mind some new age self-help pitch, and that is the go-to lens through which you read my comment. You are not reading, you are reading INTO. I am talking about cognitive psychology and mental health.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 10:14AM

I'm perfectly ok with him wasting away like a never ending gobstopper.

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 11:03AM

It doesn't matter how much suffering you wish on someone because wishing for something does not mean it's going to happen. Tommy, just like the rest of us was duped from birth. It's not his fault. I don't like the guy either, but I feel the best way to get back at the church is to resign, leave it behind, come to this site for therapy and move on. Besides when Tommy departs this earth, he will just be replaced by some other con artist, liar, thief and president of a fraud. Another way to get back at the church and it's members is live life on your terms, don't be a follower be a leader, love people unconditionally, be progressive, think, ask questions and be kind and most of all have empathy and understanding for your fellow humans, don't judge and be happy. Being hateful, or wishing harm on someone never produces anything positive, cause then your just being just like the one's you despise. Always and only embrace people and events in life that create positive and enriching experiences.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 11:24AM

I gave up thinking about Tommy when Boyd passed on to the other side. I so wanted Boyd to be the crappy de tutti crappy...

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 11:51AM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I gave up thinking about Tommy when Boyd passed on
> to the other side. I so wanted Boyd to be the
> crappy de tutti crappy...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA. He would have been the crappy de tutti crappy with or without tommy's death.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 12:56PM

Me too!

I was sooooooo hoping BKKKP would get the job during his prime. Just imagine the entertainment he would have provided for us at RfM!

(Not that I wish death on any of them but we have our favorites!)

Posted by: flanders ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 11:26AM

I use to feel this way until I realized there is a never ending supply of old c*nts to take the place of the reigning old c*nt. Now I just find it amusing and entertaining.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 11:29AM

How will they be able to tell he's dead? He's like a human Twinkie.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 11:38AM

He seems rather generic to me. From time to time I've read his pronouncements on something or other and they could just as easily be the extrusions of a machine.

One of these days the church needs to switch from promoting human prophets to using a computerized version, a Random Prophesy Generator. The RPG could get occasional software updates, like iTunes or PayPal.

(If TSCC ever wants to engage in a little brand extension, how about they start writing product jingles? Consider this famous old Coke ditty:

"I'd like to buy the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees
And snow-white turtle doves."

"I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to buy the world a Coke
And keep it company
That's the real thing."

Is that direct from General Conference or what??)

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 11:46AM

It's not Monson. It wasn't Hinckley, or Hunter, or Benson,
etc. It's Mormonism. When a bishop is a jerk it's not the
Bishop, it's Mormonism.

Mormonism gives them (from bishop to Church President) their
world-view and their marching orders. As far as I can see,
every one of the top 15 went through the Endowment ceremony when
it had the penalties. These people have been conditioned since
childhood that the ONLY thing that matters is Mormonism. If
there are suicides, that's regrettable, but we can't do anything
to weaken Mormonism just to save lives yadda yadda.

Don't wait for Monson to die, work for Mormonism to die.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 11:48AM

Well you hit that nail on the head

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 11:52AM

When a mormon church president dies, he is always just replaced with someone else. I agree that it's the church that needs to die, not some individual who runs it. They're all bad.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 05:38PM

He has probably ALREADY BEEN replaced, functionally.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 12:03PM

Total lack of empathy for victims of the Dark Side of their 'faith'.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 12:03PM

I don't really care anymore.... when one dies another asswipe

will take his place and will pick up the mantle of lies and

hatred and will carry on.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 07:27PM

Exactly!

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 12:51PM

Tommy who?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 01:20PM

"Funny" how tscc Always takes credit for any (claimed) Good they do, but when leaders make mistakes ... they're Invisible!

Posted by: op47 ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 02:59PM

Is Tommy the worst option? I doubt it. He can stay forever to keep the even worse option out.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 03:28PM

He at least outlived Boyd KKK Packer, who would have been far worse had he succeeded to the top position.

Posted by: Elders Quorum Drop-out ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 03:01PM

I despise the 15, but I don't wish death on anyone I despise. Like someone said above, I do wish Mormonism would die.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 03:36PM

You're right, one fewer like him on earth does make this land a better place.

I don't think about him or any of his cronies much since I'm no longer beholden to them or to any mormon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2016 06:37PM by Cheryl.

Posted by: The Quorum ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 03:37PM

Nelson
Oaks
Holland
Bednar

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 03:51PM

What did you end up doing about church yesterday?

Posted by: enemyofthechurch ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 04:04PM

I understand how you feel about ol' uncle Tom. I saw him last(6 years ago) north of Toronto dedicating the Thomas S.Monson camp, a 400-acre parcel of land in the Kawarthas. The Kawarthas are a fairly prestigious cottage area near Algonquin Park. (A Major provincial park in Ontario) Real estate is fairly expensive in that area. Excuse used by TSCC.... a camp for the young women.
He looked lost. His body guards guiding his every step. He seemed really stoned. Totally uninspiring event. He was there maybe 30 minutes.... then they whisked him away.
In my experience.... he hasn't been my least favorite. BKP is in the lead for that distinction.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 04:50PM

First thing I look at every morning is this site and the Trib front page for news that he has taken the dirt nap.

RB

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 05:03PM

Tommy can't be making many (if any) of the leadership decisions at this point. He's too feeble. So if you think it's bad now it's because the people under him are calling the shots. Tommy dying will just give them free reign. I've seen Nelson at work and he's got a very scary side as well. He lies like no one before him ever has. I watched him lie about missionaries never being pressured to serve missions. He announced to the world in a press conference that missionaries would never be thought less of for not serving a mission and the church would never push an unwilling young man to serve. The BS was flowing like garbage trucks lined-up at a landfill.

I honestly think it might be better to just let Tommy molder for a few years. The underlings are as bad, or possibly worse, than Tommy. They know they are just a board of directors of a major corporation and behave as expected. The money sucking and laundering will know no bounds at the expense of the poor members. But then again, that might just be what kills tscc. You still cannot squeeze money out of a poor Mormon if he hasn't got a job no matter how deluded he is.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 05:20PM

Waiting is over???

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 05:23PM

Things won't change much under the next prez, so what it doesn't really matter when he does go.

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 10:02PM

I'd hazard a guess and say that we are all 'bastard' of sorts in the eyes of others who might be waiting for the day we all die. That includes the 'bastard' that started this post.

Date: September 05, 2016 11:56PM

I'll have you know that I am a true Bastard...the illegitimate child of an unwed mother...and I'm proud of it!

RB

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 10:42AM

I used 'bastard' as a generic term. I was not born out of wedlock, but still am probably a 'bastard' to some. LOL! And I have my assortment of 'bastards' upon which I'd like to see some form of ill fortune befall. In my view, 'bastardism' with an accompanied form of ill will is one eternal round.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 10:27PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 05, 2016 11:34PM

is he still alive ?

no weekend at bernie's ?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 12:03AM

It's hard to tell, isn't it? Eerily similar to the last days of Kim Jong Un.

Posted by: BYU Atheist ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 06:09PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 05:35AM

Tommy-boy will someday die, but his teeth will be eternal.

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 07:17AM

Bednar can't wait. each death puts him closer to the top.

Posted by: westerly62 ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 09:04AM

I share in the sentiment that I'm for whatever hurts TSCC the most so I'm hoping that Tommy stays with us a lot longer.

He's an empty suit. He's been MIA for his entire reign.

TSCC has lost control of the message and is taking hits from every directions and their Profit is nowhere to be found. Had the Hinkster still been alive and fully functioning, I really do believe that he would have been able to be more effective in getting out in front of things and stemming the tide of dissatisfaction (or at least some of it).

TSCC is adrift and without any real leadership. It's a slow drift but the thing is heading for the rocks. Tommy and his 14 other bozos in crime have shown that they aren't up to the challenges that TSCC is facing so here's hoping for a long life for all of them.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 09:33AM

Garbage in, garbage out.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 10:08AM

I hoped he would croak before Packer. That didn't happen, so now I don't care one way or another.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 05:14PM

Yeah, it's not worth my time thinking about. We will loathe his replacement just as much. Then the replacement's replacement and so on. There will be none we'll wish would never die.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" -- The Who

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2016 06:48PM by Stray Mutt.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 07:58PM

Someone stole my dog. I said, "May they die of cancer!"
Then I got cancer.

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: September 06, 2016 11:11PM

http://www.ilovethebookofmormon.org/2015/10/06/why-no-one-stood-by-president-monsons-side-the-untold-story/

I saw this article from last Octobers conference; he seemed he was already senile. It's sad how they just throw him up there.
I don't understand done things in the priesthood . Why can't Uchtdorf or someone take over ? Why do they literally have to die first?

Date: September 07, 2016 12:07AM

Been pondering this for a long time....If TSM and the other 14 are so powerful...and spiritual...and on the right hand of GAWD.....WHY THE FUCK do they all die of Alzheimer's and cancer and all the same maladies as us regular sinners? They should be living for 200 years.....proof positive to me at least that everything they preach is fucking rubbish!

RB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2016 12:55AM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.