Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 12:13PM

It's a culture of judgmentalism, with an underlying theme of acting superior.

Undeveloped personalities ruining relationships and lives.

Dear Mormons, just live and let live.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 12:16PM

Sorry, 6 iron, they can't do that...they have to save you from yourself. :\
Meh...

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 12:17PM

And don't forget the silly competition of who has what, and who is pretty, or handsome, etc.

The competition for who is most righteous is the worst one though. It keeps the gossip and spy rings up and running all of the time. VT, and HT feed into all that crap as people use it to spy on people in their most private place.....their home.

I don't miss any of that crap.

Posted by: Princess Telestia ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 04:25PM

....the roles are pretty much the same too, except 90% of my old relief society were the dumb blonde cheerleader types. I still was the goth/emo stereotype solely because I like metal. My eye is doing an involuntary twitch now.

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 12:18PM

I've always thought Mormonism isn't even as good as high school. It's more like junior high. To me, the social scene in junior high was infinitely worse than high school.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 02:11PM

I agree, Mormonism is more like junior high than high school. Junior high was worse for me than high school ever was.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 02:08PM

I've heard of people being excommunicated for rebellion against the leaders. First thought--"Sounds like high school."

Posted by: gheco ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 02:12PM

The LDS caste system is worse than the Jr or High school clique system.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 02:57PM

At least in school you can actually change or "jump" cliques if you try hard enough. That can never happen in Mormonism.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 03:07PM

At least when you graduate from high school, you can decline invitations to class reunions or not forward your mailing address to the reunion committee when you move. If you don't show up for your reunions, nobody from your high school class shows up to find out why you weren't there.

Trying to get LDS, Inc to leave you alone is much more difficult as they have the network of spies, known as the HT's and VT's who show up if you miss church.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 03:07PM

For me, my Jr. High and High School years are but a merciful blur. All I remember for sure was the desire to graduate and put it all behind me.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 03:09PM

Yeah, except high school had football games with cheerleaders in short skirts. High school wins over mormonism :)

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 03:31PM

Let's see;

high school - gym class where you get naked = temple experience
high school - a bully takes your lunch money and you go hungry for a day = fasting
high school - the teacher has your scholastic fate in his/her hands = Bishop ie eternal salvation
High School - A trip to the Principal's office is always a bad thing = Stake President
high school - long boring classes that seem unproductive and repetitive = three hour block
high school - classmates who will rat you out to the teacher = home teachers or visiting teachers
high school - forced to attend = mormonism in general
high school - your future depends on enduring to the end = plan of salvation
high school - advertised as free but is very expensive = the morg, advertised as free but is extremely expensive

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 04:08PM

^^^^^^^ wow! Spot on!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 06:59PM

My grandson didn't wear the "right shoes" on his first day of middle school and was teased and bullied until I took him shopping for the accepted footwear.

Mormons would pull anyone aside if their clothes weren't regulation and treat them that same way.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 07:10PM

I found it more like grade school. You had your club house where everyone dressed up in funny clothes and pretended to be someone else in some fantasy roll play. Girls were welcome but they had to be shown who was in charge of things.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 08:29PM

Me in high school:
Lots of foul language
Loud laughing
Weekend beer drinker
Self-assured
Rosy future

Me in Mormonism:
No foul language
No laughter
Anti-depressants
Constant feelings of being unworthy
Worried about everything

Me as an EXMO:
Lots of foul language
Loud laughter
Beer is good
Self-assured
Bought a truck!

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: September 09, 2016 10:17PM

Gossip as well, you tell one person something (you think that it's in confidence) and the whole f**king ward knows. Not just that...some from the ward in the same meetinghouse, and even some people in another stake!

That's why I'm an intensely private person these days...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.