Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 05:25PM

Since JohnD does not Green Light most of my Mormon Stories posts to appear in public view, I have posted many of them on Sam Young's personal blog.

https://invisiblescubit.wordpress.com/2016/09/11/jesus-pleads-his-case-for-common-consent/comment-page-1/#comment-476

He responded with a shout out to all of you RfM-ites.

===============

Sam Young
September 12, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Hi beyondashadow,

Thanks for reading my blog….and providing the link. Highly interesting.

Do I expect Common Consent to see the light of day? It already is. At least, in my heart and mind. The apostles should present “policies, major decisions, acceptance of new scripture, and other things that affect the lives of the Saints.” They aren’t. So, my only option is to vote opposed when the sustaining vote for the apostles is called for. Will the apostles eventually embrace common consent as revealed by Christ? I have no idea. But, I’m not waiting. I have covenants to keep and laws to follow. The teachings & example of Jesus are my gospel. The temple covenants and other promises that I’ve made are now all interpreted with HIs teachings at the center.

BTW, during the first year of my searching, I spent hours on RFM. It’s causing me to tear up as I recall the solace I found there. It was such a lonely feeling, not knowing that others had the same questions and doubts. Now, I know many, many in my area whose faith has or is transitioning.

So, thank you to all of the RFM family!

============

Sam is an extraordinarily courageous TBM and deserves our ongoing support and encouragement. Of course, his hope that The Brethren eventually soften their autocratic, top-down mind-control of their revenue sheep is doomed to disappointment for Sam, but in the meantime, Sam's voice is awakening others to scrutinize The Brethren more carefully. Sam has a good and generous heart, and is a genuine Poster Boy for WWJD ... precisely what The Brethren not only cannot tolerate, but consistently and proactively eject from their Club when the unwelcome annoyance reaches critical mass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 05:40PM

I just posted this reply to Sam on his blog:

My dear Sam, for some reason, your spirit and expression has deeply resonated with me over the past few days. I have spent literally many hours reading and listening to you and writing my thoughts in response.

Regardless of whether The Brethren ever acquiesce even partially to your Common Consent initiatives, your Light of Christ is shining brightly for all to see, feel and appreciate. Let me give you a heads up on something you may not have figured out yet . . .

Your personal power exceeds the illusion of power feigned by The Brethren. How so? Simple. You, Sam Young, truly love and appreciate your fellow travelers on this Planet Earth. You love all of us from your heart of hearts, and it shows.

The Brethren, on the other hand, are in love only with themselves and their self-centered benefits harvested at the expense of the millions of innocent, vulnerable marks they are manipulating and exploiting. Starting with Joseph Smith, the founder of it all.

I realize you do not see this clearly yet, but the clouds will dissipate eventually and the true colors of The Brethren will come into sharp focus for you.

In the meantime, just be yourself, Sam. Just be who you are, as opposed to who The Brethren want you to be. At the end of the day, Light will trump Darkness.

Who's on the Lord's side, who?

You, Sam. It's YOU!

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 05:56PM

Thanks for posting this. I am unable to imagine trying to force change to Mormonism from the inside. Once we realized it was pure bunk, my whole family left. There are many approaches to leaving Mormonism. I wish him well.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 06:29PM

For whatever reason some of us work at removing all of them while others still feel like they can't survive without a few of the roots remaining.

Thanks for posting these dialogs.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.