Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: paulk ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 09:44AM

Sunday was our ward's annual leadership shuffle, where the same 10% of the ward gets moved around to various positions. They called a new RS president (and had wanted my wife, with bi-polar to be the secretary but we said no). Shuffled YM etc. He sure does a lot of seemingly arbitrary leadership changes.

Afterwards the counselor said he could "see the hand of the Lord" in all these changes.

I'm probably oversensitive, but where was the hand of the Lord last time when they called my wife as YW president, which triggered a breakdown? How come we are still struggling with the after effects all these months later? When they called her, they all so strongly said they felt it was the Lord's will at that time as well. I guess everything is always inspired, mistakes are never made, and subsequent fallout is for our eternal benefit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 09:49AM

You are beginning to catch on my friend....giving callings often is more desperation than inspiration given my experiences in bishoprics

Gatorman
2-0

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 10:17AM

If a minivan slides off an icy mountain road the family is burned alive in the wreckage, but one of 5 kids survives with virtually no injuries, someone will say they saw the Hand of The Lord.

Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 12:15PM

Whoa. This actually happened to a family in Palmdale, CA, back in maybe 1966. But it was a 1952 or 53 Ford that we had sold them, complicated by the fact that the husband filled the truck with jerry cans of gasoline. They buried the family in one casket, shocking all of us. The one child got ejected, and only broke her collar bone. It was a miracle, they said. She was "preserved," they said.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 10:21AM

"I can see the sphincter of the Lord" is closer to it.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 06:40PM

Rough kidney stone rolling

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 11:03AM

I can see the hand of Bigfoot in those changes.
And I've got exactly as much evidence as that asshat counselor does.
So there. :)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 12:19PM

I hated when the Bish/SP/visiting GA spouted horseshit like that....

RB

Posted by: M.Breckenridge ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 12:30PM

I saw the hand of the Lord draping veils over women's faces.

I saw the hand of the Lord calling men to be bishops so that they could be deprived of time with their children.

I saw the hand of the Lord as gay youth were pushed to the streets or stared into a mirror, razor blade in hand.

I saw the hand of the Lord as women gave up their dreams.

I saw the hand of the Lord as his children went without so that Malls could be built, ranches bought, and housing developments prosper.

I saw the hand of the Lord doubled into a fist. Id saw the hand of the Lord squeeze tighter and tighter. I saw the hand of the Lord rip families apart.

All praise be to the Mormon Lord and God Thomas S. Monson. His hand is indeed very busy.

Posted by: brianberkeley ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 01:36PM

I believe it was the Great Pumpkin who inspired them.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 06:05PM

Seeing the hand of the lord is okay, but it's when you see the finger of the lord, and it ain't writing on a wall, that you should start fretting.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 14, 2016 01:38AM

Early on the afternoon of November 22, 1963 my TBM father said
to me, "I can see the hand of the Lord in this."

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 14, 2016 10:04PM

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread842144/pg1

If you look at the various dimensions of the pyramid, each part can be multipled by a whole number to give the total height of the Great Pyramid. The surface of the 4 sides, divided by the surface of the base equals the famous Golden Ratio, one of the key principles of aesthetics and design. The Golden Ratio is unique and occurs all over the natural world, from plants, to the human form and great art, a constant in the universe. By dividing the half perimeter by the total height, you get the Golden Ratio squared.

If you draw two circles, one inside, and one outside the base of the Great Pyramid. If you subtract the length of the inside circle from the length of the outside circle, you get the Speed of Light at 299,792458, this is the number in the pyramid: 299,79

The distance between Nazca and Giza, equals the distance between Teotihuacan's Mayan Pyramids and Giza's Great Pyramids. The same can be said for the distance between Angkor Wat and Nazca, and the distance between Mohenjo Daro and Easter Island. The distance between Easter Island and Giza, is ten thousand times the Golden Ratio. The distance between Angkor Wat and Giza, multipled by the Golden Ratio, is the distance between Giza and Nazca, and the Giza-Nazca distance multiplied by the Golden Ratio equals the distance between the Nazca Lines and Angkor Wat.

If you measure a line from Easter Island, through Peru, including all its sites and the Nazca Lines, straight to Giza, the line is perfectly accurate at any angle of 30 degrees to the equator....

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 14, 2016 10:09PM

All I've ever needed to know/experience was that Homo Sapiens Sapiens' upper limbs allowed for touching of the genitalia.

I'm good to go with just that fact.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 14, 2016 11:33PM

the dimensions of the great pyramid were derived by trial and error.

why don't you tell us about the pyramids that have collapsed ?

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: September 14, 2016 11:17PM

What do all your numbers have to do with the price of tea in China?

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 15, 2016 06:32AM

All of the numerical relationships are either from natural geometry or random chance.

In other words, satire.

Date: September 15, 2016 09:53AM

I was wondering if this was serious or not. Glad it cleared up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2016 10:04AM by paulk.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: September 14, 2016 11:18PM

I'm curious Paulk, when they re-organized the young men's organization in your ward, did any of the presidency own a boat? It was a running joke for years here that one of them had to own a ski boat to be involved in the young men's group.

Date: September 15, 2016 10:04AM

Ha ha, I'm not sure about that. I'm on the fence as to what I think about the new YM president. He seems like an ok guy sometimes, but other times seems a little pretentious.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 14, 2016 11:21PM

That's just his way of telling you all what an inspired leader he is. Just in case you had any doubts. I'm sure that cleared them up.

Right?

Posted by: anon yet again ( )
Date: September 15, 2016 02:16AM

Even when I was a believer, I could see only the back of the hand of the Lord.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 15, 2016 10:01AM

I've seen His middle finger a few times.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.