Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 12:55PM

I never thought about the lack of female professors until a read this.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/4361236-155/blogger-asks-why-so-few-women

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 06:36PM

Plumbing is every thing. At BY-whoo, if you don't have an outie your thoughts and intellect simply don't count.

There is new teacher, just graduated from BY-whoo, whose garmmies are always showing below the the hemline of her skirt, (she teachers while wearing a skirt). I guess it's her way of proclaiming her righteousness to the student body and other faculty members. She has a huge letter "Y" stuck in the back window of her car so all will praise her devoutness and know she is a MORmON.

I find it repulsive and repelling. A spin off of the students who wear their pants so low that their underwear is displayed clearly from the back of their pants. Kids get called on the carpet for doing that in school. Why do they allow teachers to do basically the same thing?

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: September 18, 2016 06:48AM

Ha ha! It's just fabric.

I never wore garments, so I guess I don't know about people who might want to do that. But there COULD be other explanations.

1) the new teacher is trying to look professional by wearing skirts/dresses every day

2) She's only been wearing garmies a short time so most of her clothes were purchased pre-garmie. You can make clothes shorter but you usually can't make them longer. And I assume you cannot cut the garments to make THEM shorter.

3) or she never sees herself in a full-length mirror

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 11:04PM

That's pretty stark considering how far most schools have come since the 60's feminist movement.

The message is loud and clear on church campuses still: women are not to be taken seriously, certainly not competitively on campus or as scholars. Most are there to get married, after all. For those who are there to get an education, they are already at a disadvantage for having the chutzpah to take themselves & their education seriously.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: September 18, 2016 09:40AM

I don't take women seriously. I also don't take men or myself seriously. I do take humor and competence seriously.

I have hired over 5,000 people in my career. Gender, skin color nor anything else along those lines matter. Can you do the job and play well in the sandbox with others? That's the bottom line.

Posted by: seriously ( )
Date: September 18, 2016 10:32AM

I couldn't open the SLT article because my phone is blocking something on the site.

Is this the same info?

https://bycommonconsent.com/2016/09/16/not-even-close-faculty-gender-balance-at-the-byus/

It's a real eye-opener. It's disease.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.