Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: September 25, 2016 12:25AM

Sam Young just posted this on his blog.

Looks like some fun for The Brethren as more members are reversing their Mind Control Lobotomies ...

https://invisiblescubit.wordpress.com/2016/09/24/do-we-love-jesus-enough-to/

==========================

Do We Love Jesus Enough To…..

by Sam Young

voting-opposed

Do we love Jesus enough to…. stand up for what we belief is right?

Do we love Jesus enough to….stand up for the marginalized in our very midst?

Do we love Jesus enough to….stand up for those in our midst who are in danger?

Do we love Jesus enough to….be honest when Jesus asks for our opinion?

Do we love the church enough to….stand up and protect it as Jesus has designated?

Do we love the church enough to….to participate in its governance as Jesus has designated?

Do we love the apostles enough to….be honest when they ask for our opinion?

Finally, do we love Jesus enough to….to follow Him?

General Conference

On Saturday October 1st, a very special event will occur. At the general conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Law of Common Consent will be put into practice. This is a sacred opportunity for all members of the church to express their “approval” or “disapproval.” (D&C 124:144)

This divine system of governance in the kingdom of God was declared by the Savior Himself. In Doctrine & Covenants 28:13, “For ALL things MUST be done in order, and by common consent in the church.”

Can a person hold an office in the church without the consent of the people?

Nope. “No man can preside in this Church in any capacity without the consent of the people. The Lord has placed upon us the responsibility of sustaining by vote those who are called to various positions of responsibility. No man, should the people decide to the contrary, could preside over any body of Latter-day Saints in this Church.” –LDS Website

Who should nominate the officers of the church?

“It is not the right of the people to nominate, to choose, for that is the right of the priesthood.” –LDS Website

Does Common Consent apply to more than just church officers?

Oh yes, so much more!!! “This same principle operates for policies, major decisions, acceptance of new scripture, and other things that affect the lives of the Saints. (see D&C 26-2” –LDS Website

And, there is the sticking point. Today, no policies, no major decisions, not anything that affects the lives of the Saints are being presented nor accepted by common consent. If we are opposed to any of the above, the only real option seems to be voting opposed to the general leadership. Someday that will change. Eventually, the membership will no longer tolerate disobedience of this plain and precious law of God.

If You Support Everything The Church Is Doing...
Please, carefully consider your vote. A vote to sustain the prophets and apostles is a great way to vote. I commend & support your action.

If You Generally Support Everything, But Have Concerns...
Please, carefully consider your vote. Whether you abstain or vote in approval, good for you. Your opinion is important to the governance of Christ’s church.

If You Have Major Issues with Policies “That affect the Lives of the Saints”
Please, carefully consider your vote. The unanimous votes that are recorded at General, Stake and Ward Conferences are sending a clear signal to SLC and to the general membership that “all is well in Zion.” However, many feel that all is NOT well in Zion. That includes me.

Jesus' system of church governance addresses practical concerns. Common Consent helps prevent errors, correct errors, provide accountability and put a check on “Unrighteous Dominion.” (D&C 121:39)

Besides practicality there is another side of Common Consent. To me, this law is one of the most beautiful in our entire canon. Most commandments are like: “Do this…Do that…Don’t do this…Don’t do that!” Oh...but this law is more like: “Sam, you are of great worth. I value your opinion. I value your critical thinking. I have commanded the apostles, whom I have put in place, to ask for your input. When they do, please be honest. I’m trusting and relying on you, Sam.” When I consider how the Lord Jesus has set up the governance of His church, a tear of joy graces my eye. He loves, respects and values each of us and our opinions.

If You are Opposed I Encourage you to Vote Your Opinion
First, I know that many are constrained by fear. Fear of family, friends, or business repercussions. Those are legitimate considerations. It’s an unfortunate element of today’s LDS culture that prevents full participation in the Law of Common Consent. Your silence is understandable and certainly an honorable path.

Now, to the group in which I find myself: Those who oppose and are willing to fully engage in the divine process of church voting.

Please, carefully consider casting a vote. This is general conference (GC) and is the easiest of all the conferences. The voting session occurs Saturday afternoon.

Here’s how you can effectively vote.

Attend GC in Salt Lake City.

Watch GC in your stake center of local chapel, if conference is broadcast there.

Watch or listen to GC in your home.

MOST IMPORTANT: After the Saturday voting session, send an email to your bishop and Stake President.

Questions and Concerns

Do I have to spend time composing an e-mail?

Not necessarily. By tomorrow, I will post on this blog a copy of the email that I will be sending. Take ideas from it. Modify it. Or flat out copy it.

How will anyone know that there are actually members opposing?

Great question. In the next few days, a register will be posted here, where you can record your name as having voted OPPOSED or planning to vote OPPOSED.

What are the risks?

There shouldn’t be any risks to obeying a commandment from Jesus Christ in the church of Jesus Christ. But, the risk is real. I’ll address that in a blog post coming in the next few days.

Will I be asked to meet with a church leader?

It’s likely that the stake president or bishop will want to discuss with you. That should be a very good thing. It gives you the opportunity to explain your position. In an ideal church, your opinion would be forwarded up the chain. If a significant number of members engage in common consent, vote tallies will be taken seriously. In the ‘risks’ posting, I’ll give some ideas for the interview with church leaders.

My Hope & Prayer

I love my church. The church of my child and adulthood. The church of my forefathers, my parents, my children, my grandchildren. It's a good church. It's the church of Jesus Christ.

I pray that good men and women all over the world will raise there hands and express their sincere and true opinions. Jesus is counting on us.

Sam Young | September 24, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2016 12:27AM by beyondashadow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Secular Priest ( )
Date: September 25, 2016 10:11AM

I think it is April when they have the vote. Could be wrong.

Posted by: savagestarlight ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 09:44AM

Secular Priest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it is April when they have the vote. Could
> be wrong.

I'm pretty sure they sustain them each GC.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 12:20PM

Probably the first person to be called in for an obedience checkup will be Sam Young.

Posted by: InvisiblesCubit ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 02:06PM

Dear Beyond,
Thanks for posting this. I have tried to create an account but weird things keep happening. Is there a sacred handshake I need to know to get in to this sacred group?

Date: September 26, 2016 02:22PM

I just entered my email address and clicked [Follow].

https://invisiblescubit.wordpress.com/

I think I had to confirm myself when I got an email from wordpress. I also have to reconfirm myself whenever I post on Sam's blog.

I've confirmed myself so many times, I think the Holy Ghost is now requesting overtime pay.

Date: September 26, 2016 02:44PM

I mean I'm trying to create an account on RFM. That's where I'm having problems. This is SAM YOUNG.

Date: September 26, 2016 03:04PM

Hi, Sam!

I'm no expert, but you are posting on RfM and your handle shows up on your posts. Looks like you are logged in? Maybe not.

All I've had for years on RfM is my usual login. I don't know anything about an RfM "account".

Try clicking on Control center in the top toolbar. It will tell you if you are logged in. And if not, I presume it will let you generate a login and password.

And Welcome to RfM, Sam! Wonderful you are here!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 03:18PM

I just don't get it. All it does is give them an opportunity to be smug and make sure the "dissidents" know who is in charge. They expect dissenting votes. They don't give a fuck. Nothing will change. It's not like it's some kind of democracy or something. The old stuff out of the D&C about church governance means as much to them as the stuff about polygamy. And all it does is add to the belief that people leave the church because they were offended.

If you want to make a point about not supporting the abusive mormon policies, quit paying tithing and make sure they know the reason. But you have to sit outside at weddings. So what. Make sure everyone at the wedding knows you choose to sit outside because you can't financially support policies that hurt people. The ONLY way to effect change in the Morg is by your pocketbook.

Posted by: Elders Quorum Drop-out ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 03:25PM

Yes. The only way to truly hit them where it hurts is with an email or letter saying you resign. Now they have no more financial support from you....AND they can't count you as part of their numbers during audit reports (although I bet they still do, lying fuckers).

*The only time raising your hand in disagreement counts, is when the Q15 are conducting one of their board meetings in regards to the size of their next skyscraper or mall.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: April 01, 2017 05:32PM

The voices were slightly louder today. Heard the audibly on the second and third sustaining votes.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: April 01, 2017 05:52PM

I too distinctly heard very vocal opposing votes on the second and third vote. Then a few minutes later the camera scanned the audience and a lot of hand went up for a sustaining vote and I could see a few hands go up on the opposing vote before the camera quickly panned away. I'm sure that in the editing that they will do for the permanent record, these incidents will disappear like the gold plates did.

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: April 02, 2017 07:25AM

Anything that disrupts the poisonous official narrative is a good thing. It's unusual and brave when people are willing to be the odd ones out and speak the truth from within a corrupt and tyrannical system.

Date: April 03, 2017 04:48PM

A year ago, my bishop kindly warned me that my vote would be misunderstood. Yesterday, my brother ominously said that I would be “imposed” upon. They are true visionaries.

Here’s the latest gossip. This quote was shared by a friend of mine, “I was told that the opposed voters were heckling people around them until they (the voters) got so disruptive that they had to be taken out.”

Here’s what actually happened:

30 minutes into conference, one of the voters left on his own volition. The other 2 of us sat quietly, reverently and listened. I took notes on my i-Pad. Heard many good things that affirm my path and my faith. Afterwards, I chatted with the couple next to me about my vote. Naturally, they were a bit awkward. Frankly, so was I. I do plan to write a blog about the delightful experience that it all was.

Conference was great.

Over the past year: I have been…

•Tattled on to my Bishop and Stake President

•Spied on in closed online communities. Then tattled on to the Stake President

•Gossiped about

•Called many names to my face, by e-mail, in social channels, and behind my back

•And now lied about.

That’s OK. I’m trying to follow Christ’s Law of Common Consent. The Savior warns that those who follow him will be reviled. So, maybe this is a sign that I’m on the right path.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t speak well of our Mormon culture. No wonder only 379 people worldwide are willing to voice their true opinion during our voting conferences. I know many active members who want to vote in disapproval, but our culture creates an impossible barrier.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: April 03, 2017 07:23PM

Should you be accused of apostate actions here is the definition of apostasy

Apostasy:

The formal renunciation of a religion or faith. Any religion or faith.

Date: April 03, 2017 11:46PM

I hope your handy definition of apostasy won't be needed. If it is...thanks in advance for your help.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 03, 2017 09:22PM

If the approval/disapproval vote was originally dictated by a "revelation" (D&C 124) that was made up by JS and not actually given by God, the whole idea seems surreal.

Starfleet's Prime Directive is more real.

Date: April 03, 2017 11:50PM

Unfortunately, Starfleet's prime directive is not in our founding documents. It would be so much more fun to talk about. We could call ours the Kolobian directive.

The constitution was made up by a bunch of men. We still use it as our prime directive. While I'm in the church I'm embracing Common Consent as a prime, whether it's man made or not.

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: April 03, 2017 10:00PM

For any community to exist with 0 feedback from its average citizens or members is extremely unhealthy.
Doesn't matter if it's a family, business, church, city, or country.
There are many people still trapped by family circumstances in Mormonism. It would mean a lot to them if this community could manage to achieve some very basic milestones on the roadway to becoming a free and open society where everyone is respected and welcome.

Posted by: Alf Garnett ( )
Date: April 03, 2017 11:49PM

^^This.

Date: April 03, 2017 11:52PM

"For any community to exist with 0 feedback from its average citizens or members is extremely unhealthy."

Excellent. I'm going to use your quote!

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: April 03, 2017 11:57PM

Something i've wondered, but will never happen.

What if every male in the congregation raised their arm to the square to oppose? What would happen?

What if every female in the congregation raised their arm to the square to oppose? What would happen? (not much, most likely a scolding)

What if everyone in the congregation raised their arm to the square to oppose? what would happen?

I'm not sure, but I don't think the church has anything in place to deal wit these situations should they arise.

These days it seems like people are voting with their feet and their bank account. I'm not so sure the old men realize that these people are voting.The old men just think they're being rebellious. No, they're voting in a way that actually matters. It seems to me the church is in denial while also in a bit of a panic. They don't seem to get that people are voting with their feet. GC be damned. The old geezers can't see far enough to realize anyone is opposed to them and their abusive ways.

My hope is that people continue to vote with their feet, their wallets, and removing their children from the insanity called mormonism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 12:01AM by janis.

Date: April 04, 2017 05:55PM

According to Joseph F. Smith, if a simple majority votes opposed, then whatever is proposed must be withdrawn.

Date: April 04, 2017 06:13PM

... I posted this BEFORE reading Janis's post, which I unwittingly plagiarized. Janis expressed the same sentiments in civilized language, as opposed to my mode of expression. ...

=================

Voting is still happening. The Brethren, however, being the friggin' inspired geniuses that they are, have forced the voters to VOTE OPPOSED WITH THEIR FEET.

That's fine and good here with beyondashadow.

After The Brethren shoot off all of their toes (already happened imo), they will just keep on rootin' tootin' shootin' until not only their toes, but their own feet, ankles, calves, knees and thighs are SHOT OFF!

Then The Brethren will just keep on shootin' and proceed to SHOOT OFF their own saggy ball sacks, and then before long they will SHOOT OFF their very own MelschiselDICKS and be left with no authority whatsoever with which to marginalize gays, females, and everyone else ... of whom they disapprove for no goddamned good reason whatsoever.

Leastwise, that's how it appears to beyondashadow ... up here in the cheap seats in the PEE-NUT GALLERY.

===========

BTW, I had the extreme pleasure of actually meeting Sam Young in person in Houston just a couple days before he flew to SLC to VOTE OPPOSED at GenCon. He picked me up at the airport and drove me to my seminar in Katy after we stopped for a private Talkeria and dinner along the way.

If any of you get a chance to meet Sam and/or attend a Talkeria, I admonish and exhort you to make that happen! You will be filled with gratitude and thanksgiving, not to mention counting your blessings, one by one.

There is a Pearl of Great Price in the LDS Church. It's not a book; it's Sam Young.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 06:24PM by beyondashadow.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.