Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: InvisiblesCubit ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 07:59PM

Many late nights were spent studying your commnents here a my faith was transitioning in 2014 & 2015. I don't think I have ever posted here before.

But here goes:

A Register for Disapproval (Opposition)
An Apostle, Elder Bruce R. McConkie said this regarding the lengths to which we should go in honoring temple promises, "We are willing to sacrifice—our character and reputation; our honor and applause; and our good name among men."

Well, I'm putting my good name on the line to stand up for Jesus, for His church, and especially for "the least of these."

l'm hoping to hell that ten of my friends will join me...or a hundred...or thousands!!!

Feel free to share.

https://invisiblescubit.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/a-register-for-disapproval-opposition/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 08:18PM

I signed.

The fear is probably palpable in the COB.

Date: September 27, 2016 01:49AM

Thanks E.Dog,

Palpable fear at COB. With you on the list, there sure is now! Out of 15 million members, 44 are now opposed. Thanks for giving us 44 some real bite.

Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: September 27, 2016 06:52AM

"E.Dog?" I think he beats people up for less than that.

Posted by: Elders Quorum Drop-out ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 08:33PM

From an TBM standpoint, I can see what you're trying to do and have respect for it. But, from my apostate standpoint, I don't find it too useful. Because for me, I want the church to come crashing down. I want my family and friends out of it. I want it to become non-existent. There are thousands of people on the fence in regards to the churches policies and doctrines. Even if this petition (which I doubt will ever be taken seriously by the corporate board) made positive advances, it would keep those on the fence, still on the fence, but more comfortable staying there. I, personally, want those on the fence to hop off and join my side. I know they will be so much happier and liberated once they pick an actual side (mine lol).

I completely support making a statement. But, the only statement that they will ever truly be fearful of, is when a member resigns and the tithing stops. That's the only statement, I know of, that will ever actually make a difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2016 08:36PM by Elders Quorum Drop-out.

Date: September 27, 2016 01:52AM

Dear EQ,
I completely understand your point of view. My wife, kids and grandkids all being TBM heavily influenced my decision to stay in. But, I'm not willing to stay in and stay silent.

Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: September 27, 2016 10:31AM

InvisiblesCubit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear EQ,
> I completely understand your point of view. My
> wife, kids and grandkids all being TBM heavily
> influenced my decision to stay in. But, I'm not
> willing to stay in and stay silent.

You may want to stay in because of your family but look back in your family history. You probably have brave pioneer ancestors who although duped and lied to, they took a stand to join this church and were probably reviled by their family and friends. They most probably underwent real trials and sacrifices. Now that you know the truth you owe it to them to stand for that truth.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 27, 2016 08:45AM

Here is the problem. It's a fraud. It wasn't meant to be anything but a means to enrich the men who created it. Subsequent generations of leaders have done nothing to change this.

You seem like a rational person. Think of what Mormonism promises. In exchange for following a list of rules and ten per cent of your income in this life you get the chance to become a god in the afterlife. Meanwhile all that cash goes into hands of the fraudsters to invest and enrich themselves.

There is no spiritual growth in Mormonism. You must obey the rules and endure to the end. You can never be good enough. You keep running on the hamster wheel until you drop dead.

Mormonism is about one thing: cold, hard cash. You can't reform it without destroying it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2016 11:43AM by anybody.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: September 27, 2016 10:03AM

And so the hamsters squeak and squeal as round and round they go.

"We're making a difference, we are going some where new and better." Dream on.

News alert to all hamsters: Just because you are squeaking louder and squealing longer doesn't change a thing. You are still part of the problem.

To those of us that have bailed from the insanity we realize that push is still push, shove is still shove and we want nothing to do with it.

My suggestion is to get off the wheel and start loving and appreciating life. Put your energies toward the daily enjoyment of living.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2016 10:04AM by dejavue.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: September 27, 2016 09:57AM

I agree with anybody.

You cannot attack the belief side of the church of the big fat fraud.

You can attack the money side. That is the real part. Expose the financials and back room deals that shows members what has been done with the widows mite and then you will see the church dwindle into non-relevance.

On the other hand you got to start somewhere. How about being opposed to hidden finances? Hit that real hard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2016 09:58AM by AmIDarkNow?.

Date: September 27, 2016 01:15PM

Dear AmIDarkNOW?,

You're right. You've got to start somewhere. Finances are a huge problem in my eyes.

First things first...appeal to something that most members can relate to...Jesus' teaching of reaching out to the "least of these."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.