Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: honeybootsnsweater ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 02:55PM

Seems like this is what everyone knows me as.. since I guess you guys were right the whole time, I want to be someone who can laugh at myself and at my mistakes and all...
Not a Proud Mormon Girl anymore, but ifeelsicktomystomachbecauseidontknowwhatisrealandwhatisnt wouldn't fit in the username slot.

HoneyBootsNSweater seems cute to me anyways :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 02:56PM

Welcome to RfM, honeybootsnsweater!!!

:D :D :D

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 03:01PM

Welcome, we are so happy to have you here.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 03:01PM

You could drop the mormon and be a proud girl. Welcome to the board.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 03:02PM

is this another stormy ?

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 03:44PM

;^]

Posted by: hedning ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 12:23PM

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 12:38PM

There's been a pattern that has played out here a few times. Over time it's pretty easy to see what's what.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 03:02PM

proudmormongirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> im 14

OUT b 4 ~ Chris Hansen.gif

Date: September 28, 2016 03:05PM

I still don't understand why you did ask what I was wearing though

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 03:10PM

This would require an explanation of Ziller.

If you search his username, you will see there are several threads attempting to describe Ziller.

Have fun trying. :))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2016 03:11PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 03:16PM

I'll give you a clue, if a stranger asks you what you are wearing on the internet, its probably best not to answer.

That being said, he was joking and didn't mean anything by it (if he did, the admins would have deleted it). He is, as stated a bit of an enigma around here...

Anyway, good luck in your journey... I myself was an innocent young proud mormon at one time who wouldn't have understood that comment either. I wish I had found out the truth about the LDS church at your age.

Date: September 28, 2016 04:09PM

Oh...

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 03:07PM

Cute username! Welcome. :))

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 03:13PM

Welcome; I'll be happy to run over any stray trolls for you with ol' police interceptor if they hassle you.

May I use these initials from your moniker to address you?

HBN = Hot Babe Nowadays...

(Seriously, I'm too old to cause you any worry)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2016 03:14PM by SL Cabbie.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 04:23PM

...It shows what a nice sense of humor you have! One of the things I dislike about mormonism is that humor and laughter are frowned upon!

It's been proven that laughter is physically good for you. It's good for your immune system and triggers the release of endorphins. Great stress reliever too!

Don't just take my word for it...

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/stress-relief/art-20044456

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2016 04:25PM by Doxi.

Posted by: Ohdeargoodness nli ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 04:46PM

Welcome dear one!!! We're so happy to have you.

I was in your shoes, I mean "boots" two years ago. I was driving and had to pull over because I was having such a bad panic attack.

There is so much wit, wisdom, kindness, empathy and love on this board. I think you'll fit right in. There are occasional scuffles, and some one is bound to rub you the wrong way at least once, but over all there's nothing but kindness and acceptance here for you.

One of the great things about this board is there's almost always someone on if you're in crisis or just really need to know you're not alone. Early am seems to be slower as are the weekends, but there's almost always someone here.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 04:53PM

See if your Dad will release you from your Miamaids calling. Explain that you're behind on your homework and your mother needs more help. Little by little, you'll find that your belief in LDS will diminish, and it will help if your involvement (time, work, responsibilities) also lessens.

You'll feel less bogged down and you can devote the time to studies and maybe helping your mother. As I explained on another thread, start by working on things you can realistically improve, and make sure those improvements are established before moving on to another problem.

I suggest you start talking to the school counselor. You have to make the decisions, but you strike me as a pretty sharp young lady, so trust your instincts. My first thoughts are to get that math improved on, because messing up in September is not so easily fixed in December. It's easier to get caught up in English and Social Studies.

Tell your Dad lousy grades won't get you into BYU. You probably won't go to BYU, but you've got YEARS to worry about what college you're going to. Who knows--maybe the both of you will be out of LDS by your senior year!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 05:08PM

It may be a good idea to keep an eye on your internet history cache. Perhaps you should use an incognito mode?

We're in an awkward position with you, HMnS. We'd love to be in contact with you, but you are under your father's authority, and we have to respect that. I suggest you keep this type of activity as incognito as possible, and don't bring this up with your family unless they bring it up. If they do, they'll probably tell you you HAVE to avoid anti-Mormon sites, and as I said, you are under their authority, as difficult as that may be.

Avoid arguing religion with your parents. It probably won't accomplish anything, nobody changes anybody else's mind, and then your father is demanding to know, "Where did you hear about all this?" Then you have to either tell him or lie--not good.

So to summarize: your being on this board, right now, is "personal business." Keep it that way. Try not to let it become "family business," and definitely not "church business." Over time, you will acquire more information, more self-confidence, maturity and tact to handle these kinds of discussions (or arguments). Let them go until then.

Posted by: boydslittlefactory ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 12:17PM

Posted by: Idahobanananotloggedin ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 05:19PM

Welcome! I'm honestly surprised you're back! Happy, but surprised. From your last thread, I'd have guessed we rubbed you totally the wrong way, and that tote suspicions about 'those angry apostates' were confirmed.

So- can I ask? What brought you back? And what made you doubt your proud Mormon status?

Posted by: Idahobanananotloggedin ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 05:23PM

Oh, silly me. I see I missed a thread lower on the board that explains it. Welcome! :)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 05:21PM

+++++++++++++++

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.