Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 01:27PM

Just a little story about how Mormonism affects people's lives.

I just met a very nice Mormon man. He's probably in his 70s. I knew he was Mormon from his last name, it's a big family here in SE Utah (no longer in Moab, BTW, but another small town).

We were at the post office and a friend introduced us, as he knew we have similar interests (rocks).

OK, this guy came from an old old Mormon family, the original settlers, and he really knows the area. He kept inviting me to go out with him to look at stuff, totally innocent, and he mentioned his wife a number of times, no ulterior motives (I'm a woman). I had been told beforehand that he likes to take people out and show them the country.

So, here's how being Mormon changes your life in just one small way. We were getting ready to make plans (not even go in the same car as I have dogs), when he just stopped suddenly. He then said, well, bring your friends with you. He said this about six times.

LOL. It would've been really weird had I not learned from this board about the Mormon phobia of men and women being alone together. This poor guy can't go anywhere w/o a chaperone. A waste of a possible friendship.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 01:40PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2011 01:40PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 01:41PM

Yeah, he's gone. too bad, cause it was a very short list to start with. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.