Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 02:13PM

Got a couple of questions on the LDS sealing of people so they can be together for eternity.

If parents are sealed and follow all the rules and regs of the LDS church, but one of their kids don't follow the same path and doesn't make it to the CK, won't that make the parents very unhappy because the family isn't intact?

Along the same lines, if one of the parents doesn't make it to the CK, can the kids still go? And what happens to their happiness if Mom or Dad aren't there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 02:15PM

*grin*

That's one of those: You'll just have to trust Heavenly Father on that one.. ....

Well that's the answer I got anyway when I asked that question...

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 02:18PM

I'm sure it's been asked on this forum, but how old are you in the CK especially if you have 500 generations of family around you?

Everyone in their prime or everyone at their correct age beginning 6000 years ago?

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 04:16PM

God will erase all this little things that mark you as special, like dimples, freckles, gayness, Monson's ability to wiggle his ears will be gone.

Posted by: chulotc is snarky ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 02:19PM

To your first question: I imagine the parents wouldn't be happy about it since that diminishes their multi-level god-marketing campaign since that child would have fallen under their sealing umbrella if they'd stayed faithful and began making spirit babies with his celestial wives. Of course, what's the point of being a god if you're unhappy anyway?

To your second question: the kids will still make it but they won't be sealed to their parents and will fall under the next link in the chain retroactively skipping their parents.

Posted by: Rob ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 02:23PM

So you know how parents are all embarrassed at church and don't want to talk about or acknowledge that one of their children have fallen away? Well, they get to have that feeling for the rest of eternity while they wonder where they went wrong and failed you as a parent. Isn't it marvelous?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.