Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: October 01, 2016 11:19PM

Well we tried activity again for an entire year with near perfect attendance full tithe paying temple attending etc.
They gave us both a couple of rinky dink callings and released us from both of them. I wont give the details but we demanded they live up to the promises they made when we accepted them and we were released at about the same time.w
We never saw home teachers were never asked to give a talk etc. We appear to be good faithful members and we've tried to be. I just don't understand how this church grows when they treat they're own members so badly that aren't in some elite status. The inactivity rate must be staggering.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: InCognito 2 ( )
Date: October 01, 2016 11:24PM

You could always unleash me again as your official alter ego.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 12:15AM

Hey there! Reminds me of a movie . . . 'They're BACK'.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 12:46AM

Posted by: Cactus Jim ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 01:07AM

It strikes me you are missing the entire point. Either the church is the one true revealed word of God, in which case you need to be part of it even if they don't treat you well, or it's a lie, a fraud, and a scam from top to bottom, in which case get the hell out even if they treat you like a king. You are playing into their narrative that people only leave because someone insulted them.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 01:19AM

You are right, Cactus.

Sometimes we truly believe, even when we stop "believing."

The emotional worthlessness which is taught to keep adults childlike and dependent is coupled with the ridiculous notion that Mormons are able to "bind" god (and others) to their promises.

They just showed you what you already knew.

Kathleen

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 09:27AM

"we demanded" -- yOU DID WHAT???? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 09:42AM

I have to echo seekyrs mirth. The only demands the Mormon church, or any church will accede to are ones that involve God. He's an insubstantial third party, never takes a cut, and can always be blamed when the church reneges and things go wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2016 09:43AM by midwestanon.

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 10:01AM

The inactivity rate is at least 70%. It's been over 50% in every ward I've been in (except for BYU wards), and it's far worse outside the U.S. Members want to believe that members only leave because they're lazy, they've been offended, etc... Many are leaving now because they've learned the truth, but I think most leave because church activity simply isn't the positive experience they expected. It's not spiritually uplifting, promised blessings never come, etc...

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 10:22AM

Well? Did you learn your lesson? You gave it your all & were still treated like shit. The church is a fraud. I understand that life long conditioning will make you want to try to please them & fit in. How many times are you going to regress & fall for their BS until you finally see the church for what it is? Sorry to be so harsh, but you can waste more time & money (what the church wants you to do) or you can take your ass kicking, see the church for what it is, be thankful that you figured it out, and leave-forever.

Posted by: don't want to log in ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 11:53AM

"We never saw home teachers were never asked to give a talk etc."

Say what? You *wanted* to give talks?

I don't understand that mentality.

"when they treat they're own members so badly that aren't in some elite status"

Staying in the church, and taking its abuse, is like hitting yourself in the head with a brick. Your head will no longer hurt when you stop hitting yourself with the brick.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 12:10PM

Good one seekyr..its an odd thing to watch ...but true masochistic beleivers seem to enjoy being jobbed with that voice of authoritah...my buddy seems to just love tsccs heavy handed take no prisoners ...we never apologize bs...he brags how they dive into a land deal and dictate conditions...brags about how no one pushes tscc around...i guess thats something to be proud of...theres dam little else...carry on phil...as for me and my house...we hated sitting fences...that top rail just bites in 15 minutes ...worse than steel chairs in sunday school....had an old lds friend used to talk about standing at the rack...hay or no hay...that about describes mormons...waiting for anything to chew on...and theyll wait a long time cuz the fossils broke their only hay fork...and the istone is just a rock

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 12:28PM

Going back for a short stint in my early 40s following my parents deaths, was more of an eye opener for me than the first time I left with young children in tow, in my mid-30s.

It sealed the deal on my lost testimony. I could finally see through the smoke and mirrors, and see the brainwashing that was going on right before my eyes each and every meeting I attended.

It made me nauseous once I realized how wrong it was on every level to pay any kind of homage to a fraudulent corporation masquerading as a church. With a sad and heavy but determined heart the last Sunday I left there I knew would be my last.

That's been over ten years ago now, and I'm so glad I finally got out even if I took the long way, with detour.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.