Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 02:13PM

He doesn't look so good at this Conference...any word from the morg on this!????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 03:10PM

looks like the walking dead...

Don't worry though, they are almost done with his immortal hologram.

Posted by: Topped ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 04:17PM

Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 04:17PM

He looked like a goddamn cadaver

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 04:22PM

Please, let's not let our differences/problems with Mormonism be reduced to a personal level, that weakens our reasons AND invites scorn from others...

just sayin'

P.S.: If we're lucky & live healthy, we'll be older ourselves!

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 09:06PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please, let's not let our differences/problems
> with Mormonism be reduced to a personal level,
>

It is personal with me. I invite Mr. Monson to contact me directly. Since you seem to represent him, will you accept this calling? Make it happen.

The burning in my bosom was intensely personal. Intimate. I was told my free agency is a personal matter. And I was to testify publically to it at every opportunity.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 04:24PM

I don't normally like to wish for someone's death, but I hope for Monson's sake that this was his last conference. To me, he looks like the walking dead already, and I think it's elder abuse that people that close to death aren't allowed to retire. Whatever they might say about the Catholic church, they have a retirement age for clergy including cardinals, and it's acceptable for a Pope to retire and gain emeritus status.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 04:33PM

There was a study publish recently that strongly correlated elderly patients' walking speed to their live expectancy. The slower they walked, the closer they were to death. I have seen this borne out myself in a couple of elderly friends & relatives.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/walking-speed-survival/

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 09:03PM

I haven't seen all the leaked tapes, but the most interesting part for me, is that despite going back to 2008, I haven't seen Monson in any of them. This suggests to me that he is not involved in the running of the church in any meaningful way, and hasn't been so in a very long time.

Posted by: Former Finance Clerk ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 09:38PM

To be fair, NONE of the First Presidency appears to be in the tapes I've viewed thus far. All I've seen are members of the Quorum of the Twelve.

If I am incorrect, I apologize. Haven't had a chance to at least skim through all of the videos yet.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 10:44PM

He probably looks fairly typical for his age (89.)

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 04:12PM

I read it somewhere someone claimed to know personally the one African man who sang in the MoTab choir at GC and that the cameras frequently cut to a CU of him to make it look diverse and that he gave him info that Monsoon has all his toes cut off from diabetes issues and it's the cause of him seemingly waddling like a penguin on stage.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.