Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: WickedTwin ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 07:14PM

I have heard the Journal of Discourses is full of (little known) terrible things church leaders have said. The biggest one I have heard about is, of course, blood atonement for mixed-race marriages. I looked at a site that has the whole thing on it, and found it is a massive 26 journals. No wonder the members never find the hidden treasures in them. Is there a place where I can maybe find the titles of the more choice discourses? There's no way I can wade through all that crap myself. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mandy ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 07:43PM

Good question. I believe there is stuff about the people who live on the moon in there somewhere too. And of course, the Adam is God theory also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2016 07:43PM by mandy.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 07:47PM

Everything in the JoD sermons is gospel truth straight from our Heavenly Father's true doctrines. Of course there are people who don't believe this. We call them all anti-Mormons. In fact anyone who tries to claim that the Brethren today don't accept all these sermons would be saying "God is a changing fickle being". Well thank goodness the gospel teaches us that God is unchanging as this world is crazy and its sure nice to have a Heavenly Father who loves us so much to be so unchanging.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 07:50PM

The worst part is that it was edited by a bunch of pansy-ass English converts, who were great at grammar and spelling, but lousy at leaving us factual history. They got rid of all of the apostles' bad grammar and character, and censored Brigham Young's favorite epithet: "shit-asses".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.