Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: October 09, 2016 05:13PM

Now that would be such a good idea.
I read so many sad stories here of jerk husbands and wives.
Only if there were no kids, we could match up all the exiting boys and gals and get them together.
As a side line we could match up all the leftover TBM's so they can be miserable together and avoid snagging others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: alaskawild ( )
Date: October 09, 2016 06:28PM

I'll start it off.

44 Y.O. male
3 kids
divorced 3 years
Live in Herriman, UT
Love the outdoors, travel, warm beaches, road trips, concerts, BBQ, hiking, camping, fishing, trying new restaurants, cooking.
Have a nice home and really no debt
Attraction and chemistry are two very important factors

Go!

Posted by: Curious4476 ( )
Date: October 10, 2016 11:37PM

Hey Alaska, let me know if you find any good suggestions!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 09, 2016 06:40PM

I think there is one already

Date: October 09, 2016 07:05PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think there is one already

Dave, Are we twins?

Posted by: where ( )
Date: October 09, 2016 10:23PM

Where is this site for exmo singles?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 12:14AM

google is your friend

Posted by: Ih8church ( )
Date: October 09, 2016 11:07PM

Thanks for the template alaskawild

63 Y.O. male
3 sons.. all out of the house on their own.
divorced 3 years
Live in UT.. retired
Love the outdoors, travel, , road trips, concerts, BBQ, hiking,fly fishing, trying new restaurants, cooking.
Have a nice home and debt free.
Attraction and chemistry are two very important factors
I'm Healthy and Happy...I feel young for my age and 6'2 with a full head of hair.
I attend the Costco ward most sundays..
----

Where is this dating site-- C'awn someone post it up

Posted by: InternetDatingIsScary ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 12:10AM

55 year old female
divorced 14 years
3 children married, independent, college grads, successful
Live in SLC...good career, Master's
Debt-free, own my house
Am physically and mentally fit
Worship nature, won't go to church
I'm interested in everything, I enjoy all sports

Never mind...I'm so fabulous, no one will measure up.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 12:14AM

Would you mind if some of us worship you?

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 12:27AM

How about a different template so you don't all sound alike?

Aside from age, gender, education, kids...

How long have you been out of the church?

What made your shelf fall?

Do you have a religion now?

What is the biggest thing you learned from your Mormon experience?

What is your first choice of thing to do when you have free time?

(This last one is the greatest predictor of compatibility--even greater than chemistry, new studies show!)

By providing deeper information about the experiences you have had, it gives a person at least some basis to relate to you as a friend.

And it's damn important to be friends who like to do the same things. MEANING - they fish when they are alone (and so do you) NOT they will go fishing if you like fishing. Because once they can stop pleasing you by liking what you like, they will go back to shooting tin cans with guns (or whatever it was they really like to do LOL)

Kathleen

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 08:48PM

That is so true! Fake devotion. You can wonder what else they're lying about. My nephew who seems to have low self esteem always has a new hobby, interest ,type of music , movies , etc that he just discovered. It's funny because that's all his love interest at the moment likes.
By the way, I love shooting tin cans or any kind of target training. It's a fun sport and actually comes in handy if you need it. I'm against open carry though( at least for myself, too dangerous, plus it can give people heart attacks)

Posted by: Charee ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 12:37AM

Ha! This is fun.

44-female
Divorced 11 yrs. now
2 older high school teenagers

Live and work on Maui
Worship ocean, beautiful sunsets!!

Anyone coming for a visit? Let me know ;)

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 12:41AM

I just got back from Maui, but I'll be there again in February.
It's my 2nd home. Love it there and wish I could find a way to live there permanently. Seriously thinking a portable treehouse and an inflatable paddle board are the way to go in Maui. Just live off of Poke, surfing and sun worshipping.

Date: October 11, 2016 12:56AM

It's pretty fantastic, but very expensive. Can't beat going to work in shorts and slippers (flip-flops).

Been here 5 years.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 01:34AM

I have a former Architect boss who went to Maui and has been building fences, decks and doing gates there ever since. I figure I could take over his business. He's no spring chicken.

Date: October 11, 2016 01:12PM

Hey whatever works to make it to paradise!!

Okay RfM exmo meet up on Maui. I'll bring musubi, koriwhore can bring poke.

In Kihei Kam III

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 03:50PM

There is one but I don't know the name of it. My sister just found her fifth and last husband on a mormon singles website and now 5 months later they are divorcing.. go figure. I guess
you can't rely on the Lards promptings eh?

Tally Ho !!!!!!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 03:51PM

Are you sure it's her last husband?

Date: October 11, 2016 08:25PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> Are you sure it's her last husband?

No I spoke way too soon. One never knows with my sister but she deserves to find someone that loves her and that she can love with all her heart. Like you and I .

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 08:52PM

You two are so damn cute...

Date: October 11, 2016 09:27PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
> You two are so damn cute...

When I asked the Dawg if he saw what you wrote he said"Yes,
I got all misty". He wasn't serious of course.

Hie you are so the best ever. I'm so glad you are our friend.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 10:17PM

"My sister just found her fifth and last husband on a mormon singles website and now 5 months later they are divorcing.."

Small world. My TBM brother recently married his fifth wife whom he met on an LDS singles site. If this one doesn't work out, maybe my bro and your sis can get together and try to make the sixth time the charm.

Date: October 13, 2016 09:56PM

Hahahahahhahahahahahhaahah how funny would that be?

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 13, 2016 10:23PM

OMG

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: October 11, 2016 08:19PM

Okay, I'll jump in... :-)

34 year old female
Never married
No children
Live in Columbia, MD for now. Will be locating closer to DC now that I have my new job.
I enjoy reading, writing, drawing and many other types of craftwork.
I enjoy hiking - love the outdoors.
I love the ocean. I also love sunsets and sunrises.
I guess you can define my personality as "A Quirky Flower Child."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2016 08:20PM by severedpuppetstrings.

Date: October 12, 2016 11:04AM

Ah ha found you!

Ok so Joseph told me that if you don't marry my son an Angel with a flaming sword will utterly destroy you. Allegedly! LAMO

Posted by: tutu ( )
Date: October 12, 2016 09:15AM

Early 70s
Widow
3 adult children (married)
Two grand daughters (college/working)

S. California home
On Oahu often (family)

Resigned/exmo 13 years ago
Inactive for decades
Not married in the temple
But BYU Hawaii/Provo grad

Going to Oahu in December
Going to Paris again in 2017

Love yoga
Love cats

Enjoy good TV/Movies............new favorite series "This is Us"

Tutu
AnonyMs

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 12, 2016 06:07PM

61 yo female
Divorced 22 years
3 kids-grown and doing their own thing
Former RS Pres, YW Pres, Primary Pres
15 years exmo

Financially stable
Plan to work 10 more years
NOT seeking marriage
Cannot relocate

I seek partner (preferably male) WHO:
* Detests sports (well, ok unless we're passionate about the team) and reality TV.
* Loves PBS, NPR, good books and movies
* Keen on classical, jazz, blues, classic rock (must love Elvis in this town)--gets nauseous at the sound of most Country music.
* Liberal as hell
* Fairly healthy
* Makes good coffee
* Retired and will be home with gourmet dinner prepared at 6:00.
* Can say, "Yes, ma'am" and will use the phrase profusely in my presence
* Will let me keep the temperature at 80 degrees year round.

That's all, I don't ask for much. Haha. Yes, I know that person doesn't exist. Needless to say, I'm pretty darn happy on my own. Have some great friends who are sufficiently like me except for the heat thing. Just sometimes, ya know, there's a touch thing that is missing.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 13, 2016 10:42AM

Now that's the kind of personal description you can work with.

No matter what interests or political view a guy might have, the temperature thing would be a deal breaker.

Other than that, I'd go for you myself if only I could be lesbian!

LOL!

Kathleen

Date: October 15, 2016 07:31AM

Yeah what is it with men and the need to be cold? Do they just need to keep their balls on ice so they can think with their other brain? The heat is nice when you WANT to repel men. I had to get an official ADA accommodation to have a space heater at work because of my severe Raynaud's. It sure keeps unwanted visitors out of my office. But women will come in and ask if they can stand by the fire. Cause men control the air conditioning so their balls are screaming at them to turn it down to 50.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: October 13, 2016 07:32PM

The only attributes that you need for dating/relationships is a strong testimony about the church. Putting all those other things down is nonsense because they just distract from our missions in life to have all our thoughts/actions under 24/7 surveillance by our loving Heavenly Father under the supervision of our Ward/Stake gossip clubs as we get sucked completely with all our time, energies, and resources (especially money) into kowtowing to the church. Ooops I mean councils and don't forget that these are inspired leaders who regularly get revelation as they lovingly guide their flocks just as mission zone leaders and district leaders get tons of revelation and represent the Almighty in their holy callings :)

And by testimonies I mean one of those testimonies that will cause tears to shed during F&T meeting where everyone is full of emotional feelings & positive hysteria, and not one of those so-called testimonies of the apostates where they claim that the church isn't true based on science/history information when we all have testimonies (because that's what we are conditioned to believe as TBM) that all apostates leave because they were lazy, sinners, or offended.

When two people have strong testimonies then the Holy Ghost will make their relationship work :) If it doesn't work then its because they simply weren't faithful enough. Maybe they didn't scrub Heavenly Father's toilets at the chapel on the days they were assigned per ward weekly bulletin schedule with enough fervor as this is a commandment/calling to do the toilet scrubbing? Now whether or not I could possibly be wrong on this is something that's probably not an approved thought to have as the saying "follow the prophet" pretty much lets us know that the prophet does the thinking for us and we just obey.

Here would be mine.

Have testimony of the gospel Joseph Smith revealed, period, and no other characteristics matter one bit :)

This means that any single of the opposite gender will be a perfect match as long as they have a real testimony too. This means rejecting all the fanatical absurd ideas out there in the world. The idea that the temporal existence of the earth is over 7000 years old is false doctrine. Brigham Young taught us the eternal unchanging doctrines on racial harmony and monogamy. Me and my partner will obey the prophet all the time without an iota of questioning ever. And we will get all our neighbors, friends, co-workers, and all the people at the grocery stores & everywhere assimilated into the church because they will be excited by the church's mission and the opportunities to serve as toilet cleaners, veil workers, and in other exciting church callings all their lives and not worry about monetary needs as they devote all their funds towards buying Judgment Day fire insurance.

I say these things in the name of the sacred Kinderhook Plates and thoroughly accurately translated Book of Abraham that this mighty patriarch-prophet Abraham wrote upon papyrus himself around 4000 years ago.

Date: October 14, 2016 11:59AM

Yep. You're right. That's what dear prophet Kimball told us at Ricks College in 1974. Actually, I don't think he even elaborated on the testimony thing. Just that any two temple-worthy people can make a good marriage. Yeah, that worked. Not.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: October 13, 2016 07:43PM

I take that back, Smith was a fraud.

Posted by: LifeFromANewView ( )
Date: October 13, 2016 07:55PM

Hmm maybe one day I could build one as a side project... Heck if mormon dating sites can work why not ex-mormon.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: October 13, 2016 09:53PM

Here's the ad I'd like to see:

DWM, 38, no kids. Lives in SLC, good job/career. Former TBM, now a happy agnostic, no religious activities. Avid hiker/skier. Enjoys spending time with friends, sampling craft brews, restoring antiques, kidnapping and torturing cheerleaders in my subterranean dungeon, reading (Civil War accounts; natural history), cooking (Italian, Szechuan). Looking for a fellow ExMo, SF or DF under 35, race not important, also unencumbered, who's healthy and financially independent. Please reply to POB 23423, SLC 83709...

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 07:57PM

Just kidding! LOL!

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: October 13, 2016 10:15PM

How depressing for me....to just scroll through and note the young ages! Not to mention the activities enjoyed, as I'm sitting here in my wheelchair, due to a stroke :( All of them I used to enjoy at one time, in my 'previous life', as I call it. In fact, I was a professional ski instructor for 15 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 10:19PM by cinda.

Date: October 14, 2016 09:16PM

Oh I'm so very sorry Cinda.... you never know though, there might be someone out there for you. Don't ever give up.

Big hugs to you.

Date: October 13, 2016 10:56PM

What is the name of the MO dating site? Anyone know? I'd like to spy.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 07:18PM

(((Cinda)))
We take so much for granted, don't we?
Sending love and positive thoughts your way, for certain.

Posted by: Princess Telestia ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 07:41PM

22 Year old female
Can't have children
Never been married
Loves museums, fan conventions, bookstores, and coffee, seeking male or female. Has to love pets, especially cats. Also don't judge my love of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I don't have a body type I like best, I do love an intellectual though, would be my exact profile.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 15, 2016 07:22PM

IN for links to pics of Princess Telestia ~

thx in avance ~

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: October 14, 2016 07:49PM

Somebody post the name of the actual Ex-Mo dating site here -- quick! -- so all looking can go there.

If RFM becomes a dating site -- or is even perceived as such -- my partner will want me off and I'd hate that! : (

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: October 15, 2016 05:07PM

Not sure if they are lurking at all, but I saw some women describing a search for a man who sounded a lot like my brother in law. I responded that I would be happy to supply introductions. One of them lived near him and the rest is herstory!

I believe they celebrated a 10th anniversary in March - might have even been last March!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.