Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 09:39AM

It is a beautiful day here in Eastern North Carolina and I am enjoying the last bit of cold brew that I had made the past week. I am going to be spending the day finishing up a couple of assignments for my computer class and possible do my Medical Legal Issues homework as well. I might play a video game for a while as well to help me stay focused.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: acerbic ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 09:48AM

Sitting at my cottage on Georgian Bay watching the talking heads political shows. Had tea and will go beg coffee from my brother whose cottage is across the way.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 09:56AM

7:55 AM here....gonna get dressed and head into town for coffee and BS with my friends. Afterwards, got some yard work to catch up on now the snow has melted.

RB

ps: It's October in southern Alberta so it's windy. 50mph from the west right now. Might have to tie my cap on with baler twine this afternoon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2016 01:55PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 10:44AM

If I have my way in about two hours the house will start filling up with the scent of getbusylivin's kick-ass meatloaf. Not sure what will accompany it but I'll think of something. Sunday after church the Mrs. returns from the block, often with a handful of hungry Mormons in tow, to find that hubby's been soiling every pot and utensil and surface in the kitchen while happily bouncing around to the sound of Latin jazz blasting from the laptop, likely Tito Puente or Eddie Palmieri or Chucho Valdés or some combination thereof.

Then it will be time to get stepdaughter #2 away from her phone and into some comfortable shoes, put a leash on the dog, and take the two of them for a walk. She's pregnant--starting to show--and needs the exercise. This is not my first go-around as a granddad and thus I know everything there is to know about keeping the mom-to-be and future rug-rat healthy, which includes long walks with know-it-all granddads.

Date: October 16, 2016 01:05PM

I'll be preparing my yummy "Tacosagna" this afternoon. Gonna be a tasty supper and a good excuse to crack open a cold beer.

RB

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 04:17PM

So the allopurinol is working for you? That's a good thing!!

Date: October 16, 2016 09:36PM

Not taking it.

RB

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 10:52AM

Going to work on some stats homework and relish that pretty much everything is done for today. Making a potato salad for later when we go roast some brats with a couple of friends and get to know their vizslas better as I will watch them later this week.
If you don't know what a vizsla is, you're missing out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdhMU3_CimM

Posted by: idahobanana ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 11:14AM

Studying at my local coffee shop. The peeps here are more family to me than any ward I ever attended. :)

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 11:35AM

Doing yardwork while weather permitting.

It's a crisp autumn day, with the leaves just starting to turn.

Enjoying some cold soda before going back outside to tackle some more - it's a pain, but I feel immense satisfaction when it's over.

From there who knows? The day is still young. ;))

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 11:36AM

Drinking coffee, and going to a local flea market that's only held on Sundays once a month.

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 11:37AM

Up early packing and preparing to drive to LAX (two hours away) to catch an afternoon flight to Phoenix. In Phoenix I will be meeting up with my son and son-in-law who I am flying in from Utah. Looking forward to seeing them and having a good time in the "valley of the sun". We are all excited to be attending the Monday Night Football game together tomorrow night. None of us are really Jets/Cardinals fans...but hey...it's MNF!!! Everybody flies back out on Tuesday.

A nice little break from normal life. Should be great fun!!

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 01:20PM

I created some of my homemade milk chocolate.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 01:46PM

Oh, that sounds good.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 04:19PM

wait a second...! You grow your own cocoa beans?!

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 09:30PM

wait a second...! You grow your own cocoa beans?

Of course not Silly! I have a very good recipe using baker's cocoa.

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 01:42PM

DH and I have been outside playing volleyball with the kids - the weather is amazing! Sunny and cool.

I am going to cook a couple of casseroles for later this week, and fix a huge pot of ham, green beans, and potatoes for supper.

I love Fall weather. After I am finished in the kitchen I am going to lay in the sun, in the hammock and doze.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 01:49PM

I went to church, Anglican. Had coffee before I went and after I got there. I am about to go smoke my first pipe of the day and start stew for dinner. It's a great day here in north Texas.

Posted by: mishka ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 02:45PM

I am currently at work and will be meeting a couple of friends for coffee later on.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 06:12PM

Really important stuff - watching Jamaica Inn on Netflix and playing with my new dummy-art project.

Posted by: brianberkeley ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 07:27PM

Listening to the rain fall, in dry California!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 07:41PM

Just finished supper of teriyaki baked chicken with mushrooms. Had a nice afternoon wrapping up shopping for a birthday package to be shipped sometime this week to a family member across the country.

Enjoying what bit of fall is in the air. It rained some today, and the wind whipped up, then settled down again.

There's a National Geographic special on this evening premier called, "Killing Reagan," a documentary about the John Hinckley assassination attempt back in 1981. Bill O'Reilly wrote the book the film is based on. It should be riveting.

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: October 16, 2016 09:32PM

Mini golf with my family

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.