Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 08:44AM

Suggestions were made in the previous thread regarding reasons why the TBM who died had no relatives come to the hospital. Almost all of his relatives live close by. A couple of them live about two miles from the hospital he died in and were off work the day he died. One of his relatives called to see if he could borrow a truck and ski boat the same day he died. One son left on vacation the day before his father passed away.

TBM friend's body is being shipped to another state for burial in a family plot. No TBM relatives are attending. The family is rich. Money is not a problem. No HT's, no Bishop, no one from church came to visit him before he died.

Temple Burial Clothes - Not one of his TBM relatives made any effort to have my friend buried in his Mormon ritual Temple endowed funeral costume. My friend was very into being a Mormon and so is his family so "over looking" seems so callous.

I do not understand TBM's. Ignore him at death but I expect lots of testimonies soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 09:48AM

What was his relationship like with his family? There could be family secrets you don't know about. I only know of one TBM that's had their death largely ignored like this. He was a disgusting individual that should have been in prison. His family celebrated his death, and they couldn't bear to go to his funural and hear others praise the man that had abused them and others for decades.

Posted by: Ohdeargoodness nli ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 10:24AM

When my father passes and I'm absent, my half-sister will no doubt paint me as the mentally ill, ungrateful, cultist who was evil in every respect and never looked after her dad in his old age.

Umm, no. He was just an evil, physically, emotionally, sexually, verbal dbag who abused me for decades.

If no one in his family cares or better yet isn't using this opportunity to parade their "righteousness" my money is on the fact that he was a POS SOB. But that's colored by my experience.

Posted by: Ohdeargoodness nli ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 10:25AM

*verbally abusive dbag

No coffee yet this morning...

Date: October 23, 2016 08:32PM

You guys are so accurate.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 11:03AM

I have an uncle who is so mentally unstable and verbally abusive, that when he dies, nobody in the family will have anything to do with him. If anything, what happens to him will be up to the county he dies in because nobody wants to pay for a cremation, as that's what's now being done in my dad's family. Where I live, counties tend to cremate unclaimed bodies because it's less expensive, and it takes up less land to bury cremains.

I know I'm basing that on my experience with that uncle, but unless someone specifically tells their family they don't want a funeral, I tend to think they were abusive to their family. That is, because his family lives close, and could have easily planned and paid for a funeral.

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 11:16AM

I hope he didn't leave any of them in his will. Hopefully, he left it to a charity or someone in need

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 03:07PM

But not TSCC!

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 01:09PM

Everything just sitting up on that shelf? I have noticed this type of behavior also in TBM families.

Or, look I am so religious and confident that it will all work out in the hereafter that I'm going to play...

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 02:59PM

Maybe his name was added to the temple prayer roll so everything is fine and dandy.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 03:59PM

Love it!

Or they could have just sent good thoughts?

It's all part of the plan...

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 03:09PM

Mormons are sometimes hard to decipher. Normal milestones in life are often ignored and replaced with strange cult rituals instead. It's hard to say what's going on.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 03:56PM

For instance, was the relationship soured by personal animosities?

Was there some kind of abuse that had gone on?

(It just seems like a very unusual situation for there to be no fairly obvious explanation.)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 04:00PM

I'm going to presume that the arrangements regarding this individual's death was defined and outlined by the person before they died, most likely in writing. Many make it clear, exactly what they want done, and those in charge do exactly as instructed. It appears, to me anyhow, this is what happened in this case.
Some people don't want people at the hospital, or any services, etc. and they make that known to their friends and relatives, often in writing.

Posted by: Bicentennial Ex ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 12:22AM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 05:34AM

I'm still going to go with, you may not know all the details of the situation.

If it bothers you that much, ask. You will probably get at least a part of the story.

Date: October 26, 2016 06:58AM

I know the story. One of the sons blames his father for not paying his BYU tuition after he failed his classes and lost his scholarship. The son had plans to be a big star.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 07:03AM

Playing the blame game will bite you. Sounds like the boy has never figured out that he is responsible for his own life. Not daddy or mommy or wifey or anyone else. I see some regrets headed his way if that is what all of this was about.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.