Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 09:39AM

Well I have just go up to a rather chilly morning here in Eastern NC. It is finally trying to feel like fall here but I don't think it will last. I was going to have some iced coffee but the coffee is frozen solid and the lid to the container is frozen shut as well but I do have sweet tea so that will do in a pinch. So today, I have some laundry that needs to be done and I will be working on some homework as well. I might even fit some computer games in there as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 09:47AM

Just staying in until my massive headache goes away. Then probably go out to eat somewhere to watch the game

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 09:55AM

Woke up early and about to read The Yellow Wallpaper, then write about this week's theme's for my Women's Lit course. Then finish up stats homework that has been fascinating to do with our little sample.

Make stroganoff for dinner and mentally prepare myself for The Walking Dead season premiere tonight. A friend found a leaked breakdown of the episode earlier this week he promised there would be bawling on my end. My prediction is it's going to be Glenn, Maggie, or Daryl that ends up a pile of blood and brains. :,(

Posted by: Cates ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 06:33PM

Posted by: hamilfan ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 07:55PM

My favorite short story of all time! :)

Posted by: hamilfan ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 07:58PM

Went to Six Flags here in Texas for the first time. Roller coasters SO much more fun than church!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 09:56AM

Going for coffee with pals and then mowing lawns.

RB

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 10:31AM

Got a ton of homework to finish for my Spanish class tomorrow. Plus I teach an ESL class tomorrow night so I have to prep for that.

Cooking for TBM wife while she's stuck in the block. Thinking of improvising something with pasta in a mushroom sauce.

Where I live we're at that time of year when the clouds build in the morning and by mid-afternoon there's usually rain, and I love walking in the rain, so that's likely.

Over there in the corner are my dumbbells, looking dusty. Maybe I should move them around a little?

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 10:46AM

I have a concert this afternoon at a local community college. I am playing alto sax in a community orchestra. After the concert we are meeting friends along with our daughter and her husband for a dinner at a Caribbean restaurant near Chattanooga. A mimosa or 2 after playing sounds good to me.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 10:56AM

grocery shopping, laundry, watching football game.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 10:58AM

I need to get caught up on the school work I've let slack this week.

I'm also going to make some more big batches of salsa verde from my green tomatoes.

Posted by: alaskawild ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 11:58AM

browsing comments on RFM
flipping through channels on tv
maybe do some house chores
watch a movie or two
watch a few mormon stories episodes
work out

Posted by: Fascinated in the Midwest ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 02:01PM

commiserating for someone here whose wife is divorcing him; wondering about the outcome of a friend whose had chemo 4 times now.

Posted by: KiNeverMo ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 03:37PM

Do something nice for yourself, too. I'm sure your friends would want you to.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 03:28PM

I went shopping for coffee creamer, cheese, some Polish hotdogs, chips, and a bag of Halloween candy which will be gone before Halloween gets here.

But, more important, I didn't teach a Sunday school class, give a prayer, sing a morgydouche song, pretend to have friends, or shake anyone's hand. I didn't wear a white shirt & tie either.

Posted by: Bicentennial Ex ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 04:30PM

Wrote a condolence note to an old friend who lost a parent
last week. I can relate.

Went to upscale market for a dessert treat for to-night.

Making a Sunday dinner later. Having a beer now.

BcE

Posted by: overit ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 04:50PM

Sunday is over here in NZ, one of my kids went to the beach, the rest of us went clothes shopping, ate takeout, then invited friends over. Just a relaxing day. Every Sunday I think about the years of one day weekends I endured as tbm, and am grateful to have left

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 04:53PM

I went to SM out of deference to DW. The bish whined about attending all meetings and church first above everything.
Then two women spent the rest of the hour shedding tears over the subject of prayer. Phony phony phony. They mumbled so bad the I could only make out about 1/3 of what they were saying.

And a boring time was had by all.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 06:01PM

We had our Oktoberfest after church today. German food with beer for those who wanted it was the fare. As you can see I no longer to the LDS church.

Posted by: LifeFromANewView ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 06:08PM

Speaking as one from eastern nc as well, I'm quite enjoying the fact its finally starting to feel like fall.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 07:46PM

lifefromanewview, is it okay if I ask you from what part of Eastern NC you are from. If you don't want to that is okay. I live in Newport NC, which is about 30 minutes east of New Bern.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 07:16PM

This means a well-filled Sunday in building up the Kingdom. It doesn't start until approx 5am in getting up to do scripture reading, praying, getting clothes ready for church for the large family, and heading into church for a couple hours of Ward council meetings. We have a lot of families' lives to talk about so it takes time as we discuss their shortcomings and what we can do to guilt them lovingly back into being solidly assimilated in the blessings of the church. Then back to get the family, trying to keep the kids all still during sacrament meeting while trying to keep a good image of the family so we can move up the pecking order in the Ward/Stake and make Heavenly Father proud. Then its off to taking care of 30 screaming 2 year olds for 2 hours but inspiring them with cheerios and red punch to gain testimonies of Jesus. It would be nice to have a couple assistant Nursery leaders but for some mysterious reason Heavenly Father hasn't been keeping those sacred roles fully staffed and when people are assigned they get reassigned to something else within weeks. Finally at the end I got to get the large family and attend to my Ward council assignment follow ups. I'm reminded by the Gospel Doctrine teacher that I have a reading assignment and lesson to give but I feel so guilty that I might have to postpone because I can't find anyone to take Nursery next week. Also I have to do my teaching route of 8 in the afternoon after I get all the kids home, eat lunch, into naps, try to get dinner ready, and head back for church meetings after doing the visits. Well I get a few of the visits done but feel so guilty for not getting all of them, just 6. Then meetings, Well I need to stop by home for 15 minutes to heat things up in the microwave and call the kids together to eat-up. Then make sure they are told to do dishes and then take the teens & pickup some others for the youth fireside. The youth firesides are so inspiring. In the last one the presenter gave a spiritual message that included the words of a General Authority remind us how awful we are for not getting our genealogy work done. This reminded me how inadequate and wicked we are but how through good guilt we are inspired to do better. Then after the fireside we will get everyone home, get kids to bed, and maybe think about intimacy. But in garments its just not inspiring and we might feel tempted to do something evil/impure so maybe again some distant future date and we'll have time for those things in the hereafter. Besides I got to get up at 5am to clean the chapel as its my turn this week. Finally though I should try to got started at looking at some of my unfinished genealogy lines but worry that I will slothfully fall asleep at around 1am while working on this badly procrastinated venture.

Heavenly Father sure blesses us with a Day of Rest like this :)

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 07:54PM

Painting tiny little beach scenes for my Auntie.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.