Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 04:57PM

It was a real waste of time for people to search for the edge of the Earth too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Princess Telestia ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 04:59PM

What about him? He's so weird, he can't possibly be from Earth. I smell a government cover up (sarcasm).

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 05:45PM

"When we look for answers outside of God’s Word, our efforts are in vain and even foolish. These evolutionists/atheists have turned what serves as simple entertainment for many of us into a passionate, expensive pursuit that will never give them the answers they’re looking for. Only a life pursuing our Creator will give us the answers and purpose we seek."

Or, in other words...

"The creator is that which created V'Ger -- V'Ger is that which seeks the creator..."

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 05:04PM

Why can't they?

We exist................. Or do we....

Date: October 25, 2016 05:07PM

Hmmm.....maybe we are the SIMS game for an alien race, that would explain why I burnt myself on mac and cheese that time.

Date: October 25, 2016 05:06PM

Also the "descendants of Adam" thing is very crazy sounding, I know for a fact I'm not. First Adam is a story, second Adam is a story, and third Adam is a myth. There is no viable proof that these two beings ever existed. It was a morality story that was used to put women in a sense of guilt about being female, for the reason pagan cultures in that area had female divinities which freaked out the early believers in monotheistic cultures.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 08:51AM

Of course there's no proof they existed, but there's plenty of proof that Adam and Eve are an impossibility in the science of evolutionary biology. Impossible things tend to not actually happen.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 09:04AM

Having lived in border states, I can tell you aliens definitely can exist. And they can cook up some good Mexican food.

Or if he's talking about ET, maybe Glort from Zeta Reticulii had a good laugh. Those guys need to lighten up.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 05:23PM

Ha. That's exactly what a Romulan spy would say.

Let's have a look at your ears, Ken.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 05:44PM

Oh thats typical .... he believes in the Ark but not aliens....

what a joke. How does he differentiate between one idiotic,

shit for brains idea and another one? Why draw the line at

aliens ?????

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 06:17PM

too funny

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 07:17PM

I would have declared that no one as dumb as Ken Ham could possibly exist, but now I've seen proof.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 08:41PM

...because humans are so *special.* Of course the dinosaurs were wiped out by an uncaring asteroid, but they were not *special* like we are. We are so *special,* we have the entire universe to ourselves. *headdesk*

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 09:08PM

So if Ken Ham married Ken Bone, the guy in the red sweater from the Presidential debate, and they had a son, would he be Ken Ham-Bone?

These are the philosophical questions that keep me up at night...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2016 09:08PM by getbusylivin.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 11:56PM

He sounds like the loon in NE Montana who has building a world class dinosaur museum on his own dime on the premise that the earth is 5000 years old and that dinos and humans co-existed. Can't fix stupid.

RB

Posted by: Funny stuff. ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 03:20AM

I've always found it funny what people get adamant about when there are is no physical proof they have seen. The Ark could have existed, but there are a lot of logistical questions. Its a far fetched story that's for sure. I find the refusal of aliens funny. I've always thought sure they could exist, why not we do. Humans probably could figure out some amazing things as far as space travel if we stopped focusing on blowing ourselves up in war and being shitty to each other. At this who the hell knows what's going on we have some scientist who think reality might be a simulation. Shit! Intelligent design is back...

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 09:01AM

Ask him why his "creator" made a universe at least 13.8 billion light years in size, with hundreds of billions of galaxies and trillions of planets, and then ignored all of it for life except our little planet...?

As Carl Sagan wrote in "Contact" -- seems like an awful waste of space.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 09:58AM

Wait. I thought Christians loved the alien idea. Or is that just mormons because of the many worlds with people on them idea that Horny Joe came up with?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.