Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 06:11PM

‘Mormon and Gay’? The church’s new message is that you can be both.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/%E2%80%98mormon-and-gay%E2%80%99-the-church%E2%80%99s-new-message-is-that-you-can-be-both/ar-AAjo0gk

I thought they excommunicated you for being gay!?? Aren't they painting themselves into another corner!??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 06:57PM

Wow! Oh yes! I totally see this going over well! What an outpouring of love!

"You can be gay while being Mormon, the new website says — as long as you don’t have gay sex.

“They’re loved. They’re supported. They’re part of the church,” said L. Whitney Clayton, who serves on the Presidency of the Seventy, making him one of the most powerful leaders in the Mormon Church. “We want them to feel happy and included in the kingdom of God.”

. . . . just gotta be celibate, that's all. Not askin too much.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 07:12PM

The cult never tires of its semantic word games. Trickery, spin, manipulations, etc. should be one of the articles of faith they declare help define their church as it most certainly does define the church.....therefore, I suggest this....the l3th Article....

THE THIRTEENTH ARTICLE OF FAITH

** 13. We believe that manipulation, half-truths, spin, lying, manipulation, and other forms of confounding the truth to be justified in getting the Lord's word to the world as people are prideful and out-and-out-stubborn, and so therefore, any and all methods to rid people of these sins is fine and dandy as Joseph Smith, Jr., the mighty founding prophet, showed by his life's example.

All those in favor?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2016 07:13PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 07:14PM

"We love our Gay Saints, and they are welcome, and cherished, in our midst as they, too, work out their Salvation. Why, if two gay sisters want to live together and adopt a child, they are all welcome, just as long as there are no Sexual Hijinks going on. Cuz if we catch'em doing the Nasty, we gonna string'em up by their short and curlies!"
--Elder Judic West, of the 1st Quorum of Danites

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 07:21PM

You can be both, but not at the same time.

Posted by: levantlurker ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 07:38PM

They're cool with "Will & Grace", just not "Que*r As Folk".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2016 07:39PM by levantlurker.

Posted by: levantlurker ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 07:39PM

Really? "Queer" is censored?

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 08:11PM

Now what gay person in their right mind would want to stay in any organization that rejects who they are .I honestly cannot be empathetic toward anyone who would stay LDS with all of its doubletalk ,rejection, hostility and close minded garbage. Is it really that hard to quit? Do you really think the Mormon Church is the key to your or anyone else's eternal life? I do not want to be mean or cruel But why oh why hang around this silly cult?

Posted by: Michelle123 ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 09:58PM

I watched some of the videos on CNN and found them so sad: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/living/mormon-gay-website/index.html

Wouldn't you think the Mormon Church would want to make videos where the people in them were actually happy with their decision to stay Mormon despite being gay? Instead, the people in the videos openly discuss how unhappy they are. One even talks about how the Mormon version of heaven has no appeal for him. I'm glad they were honest, but it makes me wonder if an insider is trying to change the church stance because these videos make it so obvious that the church's position makes no sense.

The saddest video is probably the one where the gay husband and his straight wife are obviously in distress.

Posted by: Sadly ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 12:17AM

So sad!!! All it's going to do is push gays deeper into guilt and cause more suicide!

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 01:31AM

“We want them to feel happy and included in the kingdom of God.”

And, as usual, the Mormons pretend to have the power to tell God what to do!

The arrogant priesthood has decreed that God Almighty will allow gays to be happy in His kingdom, if the gays obey the cruel, arbitrary, man-invented, hate-based rule of celibacy.

(While the Mormon rule-makers have decreed themselves many wives in the very highest level of the Mormon heavenly hierarchy.

This would be absolutely ludicrous, if it weren't so hurtful!

Posted by: nitrameequc ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 01:59AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2016 10:41PM by nitrameequc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.