Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: October 29, 2016 01:14AM

I was wondering if there is anyone that still has their garments that would be kind enough to loan me theirs for Halloween? I am a female, stand 5'4" (petite) and weight 110 lbs. An ex-Mormon woman told me I would look adorable in them.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2016 04:05AM by canary21.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 29, 2016 01:20AM

Seriously, no one, NO ONE, looks adorable in garments. This ex-mormon woman can't be a friend. Friends don't tell friends to wear garments.

Now... If you wanted to wear them to offend the shit out of TBMs, I'd be all for it!

Date: October 29, 2016 03:26AM

It's for Halloween. I just need someone to loan me their's if they still have them.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 12:06AM

You're an absolutely lovely lady and you will be astonishingly cute, even in garmies. But be sure to travel in a large group, in case there are any recently returned RMs out bride hunting!

Go for it!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 31, 2016 11:05PM

I know my folks goddam sure looked foolish in theirs. I never asked WTF the deal was with wearing them either. I just didn't care.

RB

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: October 29, 2016 01:27AM

I have never worn the garments, but my TBM mom has some. They are not white anymore. I have seen plenty of used garments and if they are white, the crotch is brown. YOU DON"T WANT to wear crotch stained long johns. it's so disgusting. I'm always buying new underwear because I want to look good for whom ever takes them off. it so nice just to go to target to get my underwear.

Mormons don't have that luxury.

Mormon underwear is just not easy to buy, so Mormons tend to go a long time and wear the underwear till it is tan.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 29, 2016 04:08AM

Get a picture pattern of one, and make it.

You still have time.

My mom was your size, but her garments are long gone. She stopped wearing them years before she died.

Not that she would've worn them for Halloween.

They were her underwear. And flim flam at that.

I hated them! So did our BB parrot Molly. One day while mom was on the phone in her underwear, er, garments, Molly flew into the kitchen beating her wings and claws into my mom's shoulder, screeching to high heaven. Mom screamed for me to get Molly off of her.

Don't know why Molly didn't like my mom. It was mom who brought her home. I got her off of mom, could never quite figure out what got into Molly that day. Dad and me were Molly's favorites, hehe. Poor mom.

Molly suffered from an incurable sense of mischief.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2016 09:34AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 29, 2016 10:29AM

I stilled lived in Provo. This was my idea so it wouldn't be so flimsy and you can feel free to steal it:

1. Get a pair of white sweats, a lacy white tank top or cap sleeved shirt, a fugly white polyester bra and some white puff paint.

2. Cut the sweatpants to knee length.

3. Look up the symbols on the garments and apply puff paint to the appropriate areas with the coordinating symbols. Let dry overnight.
4. Bra is optional, so after you put your "garments" on, put the bra on over the shirt and viola! You'll be recognizable to mos and exmos alike!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2016 10:29AM by Itzpapalotl.

Date: October 29, 2016 11:15AM

She told me it had a green apron and a veil to it and sheer robe.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 29, 2016 11:27AM

Those are the temple clothes. Garments are underwear.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 29, 2016 10:54AM

in the interest of helping you find your Halloween costume ~

plz post links to your full body pics ~

thx ~

Date: October 29, 2016 11:17AM

I am a petite (5'4") female and weigh 110 lbs. I am talking about the green apron with the veil and the sheer robe garment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2016 11:17AM by canary21.

Date: October 29, 2016 11:48AM

That would be temple clothing you're looking for.

Garments are the undies worn every day 24/7.

On short notice, find a picture of the temple outfit, and then cut out fabric to match. That may be the best you can do with only two days to go.

Temple clothes aren't something you can find online or at retail.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: October 29, 2016 11:44AM

Somehow I knew that this post would bring Ziller up from the basement. Thank you Zill, you rock!

As for the green apron, robe, and sash, I still have mine in a small suitcase. You are welcome to them but it's short notice and I don't know how to get them to you. I kept the green apron because I thought it might look good on my flagpole.
I threw away my garments, you wouldn't want them anyway I'm quite sure. Having someone wear my old undies? Eh, seems weird.

Date: October 29, 2016 12:04PM

What state are you in? Perhaps overnight delivery?

Date: October 29, 2016 12:27PM

Southern Utar

email me koffeekans@gmail.com

Date: October 29, 2016 12:37PM

Done.

Date: October 29, 2016 12:08PM

Here's a picture for the magic underwear. This one is from an online retailer that sells garment knockoffs to the general public.

It doesn't offer the temple clothes though.

http://mormonssecret.com/collections/womens-magical-underwear-1

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 29, 2016 12:11PM

in b 4 ~ OPie is kilt by someone dressed up like a Danite for Halloween ~

in b 4 ~ D&C 63:58 ~

brb ~ rebooting computer cuz pics not downloading ~

Posted by: MCR ( )
Date: October 29, 2016 12:15PM

Totally off the subject, but you're 5'4" and weight 110 lbs?! Send me your diet plan! I'm serious (and please don't tell me you run marathons. I so don't want it to come to that...)

Date: October 29, 2016 12:21PM

I eat by portion, so I use small bowls and plates. I love eating Quaker's Whole-grain oatmeal in the morning. My go-to fruits are pineapple, mango, and both green and honey crisp apples. No, I do not run marathons, but I do speed-walk a lot and run laps around the track, too. I would recommend drinking A LOT of water before you eat and to eat a lot of veggies. Get enough sleep in, too because basal metabolism burns half the calories you take in. Oh, yes, and I bike, too :)

Posted by: MCR ( )
Date: October 29, 2016 12:33PM

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: October 29, 2016 01:10PM

So, are you going to post a picture of you in your Halloween garb?

We'd so like to see how it turns out (and know if you survived Halloween without getting taken out by the Danites. lol)

Date: October 29, 2016 09:23PM

I'll let you know how it goes!

Date: October 31, 2016 10:08PM

Well...EVERYBODY loved it!! I've had a couple people ask me if I was a bride about 4 times; the bus driver told I would look like The Ghost from Christmas Past without the green apron; I've gotten "adorable" and "cute" multiple times; a male middle-school aged kid 'high-five' me while trick or treating down the street; and I had a driver and her passenger giggle at me as they were driving by. @sunbeep - Thank you, for your generosity. You will be on my Christmas list!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2016 10:09PM by canary21.

Date: November 01, 2016 07:43AM

Canary21, I was happy to assist you in your quest for a Halloween costume. I don't know why I kept those temple robes, haven't been to the temple for years, glad you had some fun. I was worried that a Polygamist guy might ask if you would become his 4th or 5th wife. Glad to help you.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: November 01, 2016 12:54AM

Gutsy and funny. Bet there are all kinds of curses being sent down on you. Ghost from Xmas past? Priceless. It felt kind of ghostly (ghastly) when I played the game way back when.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.