Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: November 02, 2016 01:49AM

I live in the Rose Park area of Salt Lake City, west of downtown SLC. There are diverse groups residents, i.e. lots of hispanics, lots of Tongan and Samoan and of course us old white people.

I was going to work this afternoon and I saw 2 young men walking away from me on the sidewalk. They were either Tongan or Samoan, I'm not sure which nor am not sure what the difference is. (That makes me sound kind of racist, I guess).

They were both wearing those ankle length outfits that they were usually as kind of dress up. I thought for a minute they might be celebrating Halloween a day late, but then I noticed they both had white shirts and missionary badges, which I saw as I drove by.

Not sure if they were actual missionaries(I do see a few here) but was kind of surprised and wonder if they are allowed to dress like that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: November 02, 2016 07:18AM

Careful not to make eye contact. They might come over and sit on the roof of your car. (just kidding)

I wouldn't be surprise if some MP had a brain F*rt and felt inspired to tell the boys to try this ploy in their dressing.

Posted by: JVN087 ( )
Date: November 02, 2016 09:32AM

Do kids from Utah get sent to Missions on SLC often? I would think that would be sort of a let down... Like joining the airforce to see the world and getting sent to Minot ND from Bismark.

I mean from what I read the kids from Utah are examples for the Mormon world... SARCASM

Posted by: Nevermo4 ( )
Date: November 02, 2016 04:21PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.