Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Secular Priest ( )
Date: November 06, 2016 05:17PM

Never attended one of these conferences where they have part of it transmitted from SLC. Our SP talked on temples. So did every one else except the GA. It was announced at the beginning of the transmitted session that the GA was going to address our questions and give us answers. Did not happen.

Same old, study JS and get a testimony of him. Study the Savior and get a testimony of Him. Pray for answers and they will come.
He testified of JS and the vision that we have in our standard works. He knows these events are true. He knows that the BoM is true as no uneducated person could create such a document.He knows Jesus lives and is presiding over the Church.

Now rewind to intro part of SLC transmission.We were told he was going to address our questions and also that the brethren are away of the issues. So someone did not get the message.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 06, 2016 05:54PM

Haven't had a call from my HP nemesis in the four years since I resigned telling my of the latest confernz or ward activity that I just have to bring my wife to. Silence is indeed golden.

RB

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: November 06, 2016 05:54PM

I no longer attend. The seats in our stake are real killers. There are a few rows of pews with cushions but for SC they haul out the hard plastic Nazi hemorrhoid pinchers. I had to take a couple ibuprofens before leaving the house just so my back and hips could survive.

At times I felt like I was back in high school going to assembly. Assistant Principal Scabby Papilloma warns us not to run in the halls after recess, announces that the broken Coke machine outside the library won't be replaced, and tells us not to worry about the upcoming standardized aptitude test because "you're all stupid, so it doesn't matter."

Whereas at the humble local chapel there might be a couple pairs of mishies, at the stake HQ there's a larger plague of them. The self-congratulatory vibe drifts over the masses like Beelzebub's flatulence. Solidarity in suffering for pimping a myth.

Anything TSCC does with video creeps me out--I want to urinate on the plants behind the speaker. I grew up reading "1984" where the telescreens watched you while you watched them. That's a few years down the road for the church, probably.

Somebody says, "I testify blahblah..." and my retort is the Dude's from "The Big Lebowski": "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 08, 2016 07:46PM

I still cringe thinking about the ass biting steel folding chairs we sat on at stake confrnz....fucking torture chamber instruments of STAN!

RB

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: November 06, 2016 06:01PM

They are right about no uneducated person could write the book of mormon. Joseph smith didn't write it - he plagiarized it from a variety of sources. Google "The First Book of Napoleon" and read the first page to get what I mean.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: November 06, 2016 06:22PM

worthless time wasting conferences? The boredom factor has got set in big time eventually. So glad I have not attended one of these sleepers for over 20 years!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2016 06:23PM by cricket.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: November 07, 2016 07:20PM

After reading this, the stench of sheep is very strong in my nostrils and head. Gotta get some fresh air.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 07, 2016 07:51PM

They Are preaching (nonsense) to an empty room.

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: November 07, 2016 09:38PM

my son was dragged to tscc today here in kcmo, and he said it was some weird meeting that only happens every 4-5 years, and I rattled them off, and this is what it was.

Luckily he didn't have to stay and his uncle took him to zona rosa and a movie and to ball. My kind of sunday!!

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: November 07, 2016 11:52PM

The last time I attended a Stake Conference, Blacks were banned
from having the priesthood.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.