Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Canis Horribilus ( )
Date: November 11, 2016 05:51PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 11, 2016 05:55PM

I was thinking about them and you today and missing the annual parade of heroes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2016 10:11PM by Cheryl.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 11, 2016 06:06PM

Yes, thanks to all our Vets.

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: November 11, 2016 06:18PM

Thanks to those who gave their lives.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 11, 2016 06:23PM

Love the bears, and a big thank you to our vets!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 11, 2016 06:27PM

Thanks to our vets, to those who keep us safe, and first responders of all type!!!

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: November 11, 2016 06:31PM

The kids are looking good. What a great tribute.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: November 11, 2016 06:44PM

Thanks to all you vets!!!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 11, 2016 08:06PM

De nada. Thanks for putting me through university.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 11, 2016 09:40PM

Thanks Susan I/S I needed to see some cuteness like that.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: November 12, 2016 12:58AM

Me, too!

Hugs, kisses, and Loves to *my* Vet and cyber-hugs to the rest!

And...

Thank you.

Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: November 11, 2016 10:10PM

Today, I went to a Veterans Day memorial concert at the National Cathedral and talked to a few Mormons. Brother Braurele admitted that the ultimate destiny is for Mormon men to be as great of a father-god as heavenly father was to us. He even admitted there are billions of planets out there being ruled by Mormon gods and that the Mormon god is continually progressing. He went from having brown hair like the Jesus we see in paintings and pictures to having white hair because he is "old." They even admitted heavenly father was once a man like us, too! Dun, dun, dun!

Posted by: Kathleen nli ( )
Date: November 12, 2016 01:31AM

Yes, to all our vets, and love to my heroic brother, Bodie Lyon -- Vietnam veteran -- who Lives with effects of Agent Orange exposure.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: November 12, 2016 01:42AM

Please may I add my thanks to all who fought or served in any other way? If it wasn't for Macarthur and the American forces Australia would have been in real trouble in WW11.

I send my love to your brother Kathleen, I have seen many ex-servicemen here with the same problems, my heart goes out to him and them. My genuine thanks to all those who have helped/are helping to preserve this shaky situation we now call peace.

Loved the 'kids' Susan I/S.

Lynn

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: November 12, 2016 11:43AM

Thanks, Flutist. :)

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: November 12, 2016 05:50AM

When I returned from my tour during Vietnam it was like I was guilty of some sin in the church. WW2 vets were treated as heros. Glad to see people appreciating vets more these days.
BTW I did serve a mission after the army and the SP during the interview trashed the ARMY

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: November 12, 2016 04:35PM

Before I went on active duty and headed for Vietnam, my bishop set me up to be ordained an Elder. He said going in the service was like going on a mission. I know our rules were a whole lot different. He thought that I might be called upon at some time to need the Mel. PH. I really think he was trying to lay the guilt thing about honoring the PH to keep me out of trouble. Sorry, if that was the intent then it failed. One thing I learned from going to war was that I'm not as immortal as I once believed I was. It was a humbling experience and I believe a good one as well. I still meet each year with some of the guys I served with and the friendship is as strong if not stronger than ever.
For all of you who are veterans, thanks for your service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2016 04:36PM by michaelc1945.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 12:24PM

Couple of things:

Thanks to all of you who know freedom is not free. Gracias!

All wars since the revolution were fought for political and financial reasons, especially everything in the middle east. It's about money. It will never end until we stop drinking the kool aid and say enough is enough.

It's not like the movies. When you are shot, you don't jump up and become Sylvester Stalone. It hurts. Trust me. It's frightening to watch blood pouring from holes with too few fingers to plug them...

For the past 40 years I've been paid $125 per month. That's about $30 per hole. Not complaining...just perspective.

We should only go to war when our very lives are at stake. When everyone from children to grandparents agree to fight with everything including rocks and pitchforks to guard our way of life. Otherwise, war is only about money and lots of it.

Thank you for helping pay for my degrees. Be well. I love you.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 12:52PM

I am a vet and understand the 'sacrifice' vets made for this country.

I 'fully partook' of vets day and was impressed how many businesses really supported vets that day!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.