Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 11:33AM

Good Morning Ya'll!!! It is a nice cool day here in Eastern NC. I have actually been up for a while now doing some family history research and talking to the cats while I sip on a cup of iced coffee. I am actually trying out a new creamer flavor from International Delight. I have been trying to make my own but it is not working out to well because I can't find a recipe that I like. But anyways, today I got to finish my take home test for Anatomy and Physiology since it is due tomorrow at 9:30am. I got a couple more assignments I am going to try and do today if my family history research doesn't distract me to bad. I hope you all have a great Sunday!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 11:53AM

Hey, kat! Cool and rainy in SC today! Been up since 4:00. I got a lot of cleaning and organizing done. Spent time in the Dollar Tree store. Now, I'm having a meatball marinara sub at Subway and will head home for a cozy nap! Rainy, lazy Sundays are the Best.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 01:25PM

Taking care of my elderly TBM dad who is passing kidney stones. So every once in a while ,Ill go check up on. About 1-2 hours. Right now he's sleeping with his Jack Russell Terrier "Princess". She's 13. But a great doggie "nurse" for him!!

Posted by: southbound ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 01:33PM

The usual ABC and ABM sunday. Anything but church and anything but mormonism day.

Posted by: ren ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 02:20PM

Planning which college to transfer to (I went to BYU and BYU-I, then transferred to community college and came out as gay and an exmo). I'd love to go somewhere in Washington or Oregon, but I'll probably end up going to a CSU for the relatively low tuition.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 02:25PM

Just finished a nap. My cats teach; I learn.

Earlier I cooked up a big skillet of assorted fried breakfast parts. Teenagers will eat anything.

I have Spanish homework festering. I looked at it earlier but then the aforementioned nap intervened.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 02:45PM

Well I went to church, not Mormon. My wife and I received a blessing to celebrate our forty-eight years of married life. It was good.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 06:41PM

Forty-eight years is a long time to do anything, let alone be married.

I'm at about the twenty-eight year mark, but that's divided among five (very) different ladies.

A huge congratulations to you and the Mrs!

Posted by: flamingsword ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 02:55PM

Watching football, of course

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 03:13PM

Same here with the football watching. Funny, I don't think I watched one professional game on TV on a Sunday, ever, when I was active in the church. Now I can't imagine NOT watching the games.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 05:49PM

Went running earlier, as I'm in training for a half-marathon. It will be my first one ever. :)

Later went to watch a movie called "A Man Named Ove." Swedish film w/subtitles. It made a few teary eyes in the audience.

As I finished my grocery shopping and getting gas on the way home, some poor lady had locked herself out of her car at the gas stop! One of the guys who does oil changes and inspections there was trying to unlock the door with his professional gear. It looked like it was still going to be tricky.

One thing I'm thankful for about my car is it won't let me lock myself out without my keys. If they're in the car it won't lock on demand. Thank goodness, cause I've done that a couple of times before.

Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: November 13, 2016 08:34PM

I just got back from a church dinner -- a non-denominational Christian church dinner.

Two different small country churches banded together to have a really nice Thanksgiving dinner. The hosting church provided the turkey, a ham, and the drinks (including coffee and iced tea!). Then every family brought a side dish or dessert, pot luck style.

Very friendly, genuine people. I've been a member of one of the two churches for three years now, and they are like family at this point. They take care of each other, and they reach out to the community to do REAL charity work (heavens forbid - without the hideous yellow t shirts and the TV cameras).

The church families have their church family Thanksgiving dinners this Sunday and again next Sunday (with the other church hosting), so that on Thanksgiving day, the two churches can band together to provide a FREE Thanksgiving dinner to any members of the community who want it. They will provide winter gloves, knit hats, and baby blankets to people who come to the free Thanksgiving day dinner.

Its a tradition that they have done for over 30 years now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.