Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 22, 2010 08:39PM

Yes, if Goldenrule had read more carefully she would see that I did attend my daughter's civil wedding. I went with her to plan for the cake, the flowers, the gowns, helped with the invitations, got them a limo and on and on....I went out of my way to make it very nice for over 160 people....also went into debt big time since I only had 60 days......it's the Mormons way, don't ya know....quicky marriages. So do not tell me I am not Mother of the Year.

I appreciate people like omreven who read the entire post and actually comprehend what people are saying. I did far more to support my daugther as she took this step into a cult than any Mormon ever did for me. And I am proud of it. By the way not one Mormon spoke to me at the civil wedding. Not one said how beautiful my daughter looked or how happy they wanted them to be. I guess I know why....they didn't recognize this wedding. But I did. And as for the temple.....no, I would never go to any after temple anything. But enjoy these occassions if you so desire Goldenrule.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 22, 2010 09:00PM

If not, it sounds like you and Sherv would have a lot in common.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 03:24AM

You got it right. Wanted to change for this board.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 03:42AM

My reading comprehension is fine. If you go back and re-read your post you will see you didn't say you attended your daughter's civil wedding.

I get that you chose to not attend because you do not accept or condone your daughter's choices with regards to the church. I just don't agree with those actions.

I apologize for the "mother of the year" comment and for causing you offense. I could have made my point respectfully.

I reacted negatively because i had a parent choose not to attend a very important event in my life for some stupid prideful reason. It was devastating. So when I hear when a parent has done this it upsets me.

Anyway, if you and your daughter have a great relationship that is wonderful. I'm happy to hear that.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 07:46AM

Believers often see attendance as affirmation. Everyone must make their own decisions but as for me, I would not go to a mormon baptism or a wedding where I was required to sit outside as punishment for being "unworthy."

I support your decision not to attend.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 10:19AM

If anyone says that to you again ask them if they would wilingly drive miles to your own childs wedding if the entertainment included mommy and daddy of the bride or groom being put in the stocks and publicly humiliated by a load of people that dont see it as a joke and really mean to belittle them.

I doubt they would.

Now tell them thats what sitting outside of a childs wedding at the temple is like.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.