Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: November 19, 2016 11:16PM

Confession - I would for Sunday's to be Waffle or Pancake with Bacon Day but most likely it will be coffee only breakfast day.

Is there something special you eat on Sundays for breakfast?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 19, 2016 11:40PM

a bagel with lox and I find something else to have. Lately, it has been a muffin. I'm really bored with going to the bagel shop.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 19, 2016 11:42PM

themaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there something special you eat on Sundays for
> breakfast?

Not for Sundays necessarily, but (if the schedule is for out and about, as versus being home) sometimes breakfast is buckwheat pancakes with blueberries and real maple syrup at Follow Your Heart...

...and I always think of my [paternal] Grandma and Grandpa, who fixed this for me (with hot chocolate) every time I was staying overnight at their house when I was growing up.

Wherever they are now, I hope they know that they are very much loved (and remembered)...

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 12:32AM

This is beautiful, Tevai! During the holiday season, I make ethnic foods that I grew up with to honor my grandparents. Shalom to you, and your family of blessed memory!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 19, 2016 11:57PM

I may just have to fire up the griddle and make me some. Thanks for the prompt, Master!

RB

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 12:35AM

same here!

I saved a classic square/silver waffler (GE?) from the scrap heap via a thrift store; the new ones prolly are WAY OVER-PRICED, and not make better waffles than my classic;

Use > reduce > re-use.

P.S. the modern ones, Or the ones that have been refurbished have a more updated heating element (solid-state?) compared to the original 'windie wires' that the first ones had, that's an improvement!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 12:50AM

Yes! Waffles on Sunday! With lots of butter in those nice square holes.

When I give up this stupid diet, I'm falling off the waffle wagon.

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 01:25AM

Waffles *and* coffee!

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 02:58AM

I usually don't have breakfast on Sunday--I'm still asleep.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 04:09AM

Sunday mornings My husband makes eggs and toast with bacon or sausage, he cooks 3 mini pancakes for me when I dont want toast mid morning. We have coffee first closer to when we wake up. It feels like the breakfast the morning we went to the Oakland temple except its not our honeymoon.
When we sleep real late, he makes me my beloved spaghetti or reheats rigatonni in quinoa tomatoe sauce with mozarella and serves it in bed. I cook weekday mornings
Waking up together without rushing off to church. I recall my lds institute director explaining some old prophet or dead general authority who expounded on the sin of loving your bed, or loving to lay in bed, or stay in bed or be in bed I guess when you noticed you were in bed eyes opened and you didnt leave. So why make all these quilts or afghans and duvets for down comforters?? Pancakes eggs and toast with coffee in bed brother _______ take that! Brother _____! HA

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 09:16AM

Oh boy, that doesn't help seeing I just got up and haven't had breakfest yet.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 09:20AM

I'm going to be good, as in: finish off some leftovers in the fridge before they turn completely fuzzy.

For breakfast this morning that means frying up various Tupperware contents: black-eyed peas, curried rice, and the leftover pepperoni from last week's pizza. I'll scramble a couple eggs into the whole mess, maybe some diced peppers.

It's not elegant, but with luck I'll free up at least two Tupperwares, which is always a good start to the week ahead.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.