Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Zoe ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 06:36PM

I'm female once sealed in a temple marriage to seminary teacher, bishop, had 7 kids. I'm unplugged from the church that programs members if they leave the church to be cast out and kill themselves. You can undo the emotion, physical, sexual (my Dad molested me as a child covered up by the church) and spiritual abuse. The church is run by offensive energies that feed off low emotions of fear, shame and guilt. I have felt ALL your feelings of anger and abandonment etc. I was lead to these healing modules: emotion/body code and psych-K. There is hope and with great courage YOU can become your true self. Waves of Love, Zoe

P.S.
Have you ever wondered why you came back or still in Utah? It's the Mormon thought programs running in the brain. Those programs can be replaced with positive ones using psych-K

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 06:44PM

Hi Zoe--thanks for the message!

I live in South America not far from the Amazon. When I go in or near it I always use mosquito repellent, because the mosquitoes in the jungle transmit all kinds of nasty diseases--malaria, dengue, yellow fever etc.

Reading this board it has occurred to me that it's too bad there isn't a Mormon repellent that people who have to live or visit Utah could use--sure would make life simpler, huh?

p.s congrats on unplugging from the church!

best wishes,
GBL

Posted by: danielson ( )
Date: December 15, 2016 05:02PM

Ah, but there IS A Mormon repellant. Either keep a beer or smoke in your hand at all times, or try to get them to use some logic and critical thinking skills - either one will make them steer very clear of you.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 07:06PM

Utah has its natural raw wonders, sans Mormonism.

That was there before there were Mormons. It will be there after Mormons have been replaced by someone else. Indians preceded Anglo Saxons. Who will be next? :-)

I don't define Utah by Mormons living there anymore than I would anywhere else. That to me represents false programming..

Congrats on your recovery from the false programming you were born into.

Psych-K sounds a lot like the Erhard Seminars Training that was very popular during the 1970s pop culture. Interesting.

Best wishes to you on your soul journey. I like to view life as a journey rather than the destination. Makes getting there that much more bearable (wherever "there" is.) ;-)

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 07:33PM

IN ~

¿ wut is this thred about ?

brb ~ getting unplugged from post hypnotic Mormon messages ~

¿ wut ?

( srs )

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 07:49PM

While I certainly appreciate the "waves of love" (and reciprocate), promoting pseudo-scientific woo isn't a good way to help people get out of the cult. Seriously.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 08:34PM

Pseudoscientific woo isn't necessarily all that bad. Has science stopped the wars or made people nicer? The puzzling thing about religion is how something concocted out of thin air can work at all. But it does actually help people get along. The Mormon version is way past its "use by" date. Probably because it's not a religion anymore. It's a thought control cult. There's plenty of woo that doesn't use mind control or take over your life.

Date: December 12, 2016 08:43PM

Babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [religion] But it does actually help people get along.

I heartily disagree.

At any rate, the referred to "woo" isn't religion -- it's a vehicle for taking peoples' money based on demonstrably false claims.

Gee, after reading what I wrote, maybe it IS a religion :)

Posted by: dodo ( )
Date: December 13, 2016 04:27PM

Here is some woo from someone of long ago. Remember?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPHfAolZBac

Date: December 12, 2016 09:04PM

+10,000

Posted by: Pariah ( )
Date: December 13, 2016 05:00AM

Different methods work for different people.

Unlike the Mormon cult, the recovery in not "one size fits all."

I did some rituals at the beginning of my exit, and they helped a great deal. They involved burning photos of my temple ex husband who beat me almost daily. I used rituals to get out of my head the memories of my brother and father beating me.

Clearing out my home--my sanctuary--of Mormonism completely--that probably helped as much as anything else. It was as if just one remaining Mormon spore would start multiplying again, and all the icky black stuff would grow back and engulf me again. Mormonism hates the light. I took down the curtains over our picture windows, and let in the sun and the beautiful views.

Some people get better by over-studying, and even memorizing information. They keep learning more and more about the lies. They do genealogy work. They think way too much about Mormonism. I'm trying very hard to FORGET all that garbage I was forced to memorize and chant. I want to forget the mean Mormons who gossiped lies about me. I'm glad they are shunning me, because that means they are GONE.

Running away is just the way I operate. Other people might confront. They teach, do research, write, lecture, form groups, help others. I'm grateful to these people, because they helped set me free.

Christmas lights--colored ones--help break the spell that Mormonism had over me. Christ, IMO, is anti-Mormon. The more I concentrate on Christ and Love and the Light of Truth, but brighter and happier my life becomes!

No more stinky fungus hiding in dark hidden corners of forbidden, creepy, death-oriented temple buildings. No more secrets and lies! I like to shine my happy smile onto Mormons and watch them shrink back, and wither like fungi.

Date: December 13, 2016 01:33PM

I get the anger and self blame that keeps us all stuck. Do a google search for Bruce Lipton "The Field" on YOUTUBE, body and emotion code by Dr. Bradley Nelson and psych-K by Rob Williams. I used psych-K and no longer in the matrix of the Mormon church. All the cult programs are not running my life anymore. It's possible to be free and be your true self. I used all of them to heal myself from the cult of the LDS Chruch. I'm passing on this information, it took me 28 years to find something that works. You name it, I did it, but nothing worked till I found these modules. Right now, I'm getting rid of Mormon programs for suffering. The church slammed us that we need to carry a cross or you can't get into the Celestial Kingdom. I'm releasing my program to suffer. Also the women are blammed for everything since birth. Zoe

Date: December 13, 2016 01:53PM

At least, I posted this information to get unplugged from the cult LDS Church Mormonism. My seminary teacher EX-husband was on this way to be an apostle. I stopped it. I divorced the church in 1985 with NO SUPPORT at all. What you do with this, is your choice. At least the information if out! Good luck to all of you. I have a ER Doctor son who still drinks the Mormon kool-aid. In time he will see what his Mom has done to save her life. Zoe

Date: December 13, 2016 01:57PM

It's not a scam, woo woo or a religion. Don't believe everything you feel or think. Zoe

Date: December 13, 2016 02:00PM

Mormons do hate the light Pariah. Thank you.

Date: December 14, 2016 07:51PM

Zoe Wrote:
> It's not a scam, woo woo or a religion. Don't
> believe everything you feel or think. Zoe

https://forum.culteducation.com/read.php?4,16695,83006

It's based on proven-false premises ("applied kinesiology", the "K" in it), and with non-scientific nonsense on top.

So, yeah, it kinda is.

That doesn't mean it won't "work" for you the same way a sugar pill can "work" on pain (by not actually "working" at all, but by placebo effect). And if you're better, then that's great (I mean that sincerely!).

But...

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 14, 2016 09:23PM

I have no doubts this works for some people.

BUT, as a psych student and skeptic, this kind of crap infuriates me as a social scientist. This is the kind of woo (and it IS woo) that people use to dismiss actual psychology. If it helps someone, great, the people that founded this program need to rigorously test, preferably under a not just a double blind, but a TRIPLE blind study and see if they continually get the same results and how many people it actually helps for it to be considered as a helpful method of therapy over-all.

*sigh* We're still babies when it comes understanding the mind and we have a lot of blind spots when it comes to social science research.

Again, if it works for you, fantastic, but so do a lot of unproven and unscientific things work for outliers. I reject this hypothesis until someone can show me the hard numbers, NOT testimonials that this is an effective treatment.

Itz, who just got an A in behavioural stats and graduates in 4 months. :)

Date: December 15, 2016 09:20AM

Itzpapalotl Wrote:
> Itz, who just got an A in behavioural stats and
> graduates in 4 months. :)

Well said.
And...congratulations on the A! Well done!!!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: December 13, 2016 01:43PM

If anyone wants a bunch of money to solve your problems, they're either a lawyer or a scam artist.

Just sayin'....

Date: December 13, 2016 03:09PM

My story:

Date: 12/13/2016 02:58PM

From birth, California, raised in Church. My Dad raped me as a infant plus my 2 sisters (trauma therapy). 17 year marriage to seminary teacher/Bishop (Temple Marrriage), had 7 kids. At age 35 had a running injury everything fell apart when Mom went down. The husband didn't lift a finger to help and beat me in front of the kids. It was my job to take $10 dollars and make it work like $200. Women in the church are blamed for everything while the men run it all. The LDS CHURCH of Misogyny, forget the Mormon crap!!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny

Only pain makes you change directions. No support from my parents or neighborhood/church members/high up church leaders (stake president/bishops etc., came onto me like a sex object). They all watched the Seminary Teacher/Bishop husband abuse his wife and children. My ward was waiting for me to kill myself. Only one ex-Mormon women and two other women got me out. It's a miracle, I'm alive to write these words. I found a boyfriend and left for Las Vegas to a different life. I thought I was over it but the Mormon Cult is deep inside the subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind is like your trash bind on your hard drive. It collects emotions and memories. Until the mind is changed it will run your life. Negative beliefs keep you stuck. Women keep attracting abusive men in their lives. I'm one of them and getting over the abuse. My healing journey is up to two years but I will win. Zoe

Date: December 13, 2016 03:59PM

You've been through hell, Zoe. You're not only freed from the influences of a cult religion, you're a survivor.

Your bishop father should've been in jail serving concurrent life sentences for raping you and your sisters. Your husband wasn't much better than him.

I'm glad you found something that has helped you cope with all the anxiety, depression, anger and loss that you've been subjected to because of your misogynist ex-husband, and sperm donor of a dad.

((((hugs & healing wishes4U))))

Date: December 13, 2016 04:38PM

I know my Demon Dad was a monster of the worst kind. He was filled with offensive energies. Incest is entity based. It goes on from one generation to another, the secret life of my Dad's sex life with his daughter. He was a predator that choose my ex-Mormon husband. The ex-Mormon bishop husband is filled with thousand of entities to this day. I told all my Mormon kids he will never be in the same room with me ever again. This next year, I will change my last name and get rid of his ownership. He does not own me anymore. Thank you for allowing me to post on this forum. Many women have be abused by the Mormon cult and I HAVE A VOICE now!!!!! Zoe

Date: December 13, 2016 04:46PM

The Mormon cult makes sure to shut down the female. When a female child is born into the church the entity based cult makes sure to stop her. That's why All the women are blamed for everything. Entities do not want to be seen and tricksters. Here is one of my statements. "I forgive myself for being tricked into false blame". I've been undoing, erasing the Hell of the LDS Church Mormon cult. I'm a Warrior for Truth, Zoe

Date: December 14, 2016 09:03PM

I've seen an inordinate number of women on this board who were abused as children and teenagers by the men in their families, most of them to wit, were LDS.

Education is fundamental to breaking free from the cultural stereotypes we grew up with IMO. I am so thankful was able to break out of that mind funk.

That's why LDS authorities are so resistant to members doing their own research - because the "truth will set them free."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2016 08:50AM by Amyjo.

Date: December 15, 2016 06:57AM

Caveat to add: It's also well established that abuse crosses all lines of socio-economic levels in society. When I mentioned "education" that enables victims to break free from their abusers; it isn't necessarily that their abusers lack an education. They use intimidation, oppression etc to keep their victims where they want them.

The breaking free is for the abused; abusers tend to stay stuck in their mind warp.

Zoe, you are a survivor. You got out. You saved yourself. What you're doing in terms of coping mechanisms is perfectly normal, all things considered.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: December 14, 2016 07:21PM

So normed behavior is normal! Cultural "norms" -are human. It is not abnormal to absorb the norms of ones culture because that's what humans do. The culture can be a cult, or really goofed up yet still it establishes the norm (normative state) for the people in it. Nothing abnormal happened absorbing your community's culture.

You just noticed you didn't like the culture, problems in it, and say you want to change, you want a new culture.
That sounds great, doesn't it?

It's not as simple as it sounds.

Generally people don't like the experience enough to stay enough to change their culture. Because if it was tolerable, more tolerable than the discomfort of cultural change, then they would have stayed the same. Because changing culture is uncomfortable.

Could you use cultural immersion (instead of a one action diversion) and just move somewhere where they speak another language? Unhook your iPod turn off your translator app and try to adapt?

Short of that, you have to unpack the connotation or meaning of your former cults words, phrases, when you see them around you or say them yourself... and unpack the former cults approved actions, choices, and determine whether you need or want logically to continue like that (or if it's just a bad habit the cult taught was good)

Ex soda was fun good. Outside the cult BAD empty calories non nutritive poor treatment of the self no athletic not sexy non promoted non ideal. In the cult you drink mixed sofas at parties! Squeal outside cult soda is shameful. Harmful. (Play dark sad music now whoooooo)

Ok that's just soda. Now, try everything. (In your behavior closet. In your ____because____ closet. This isn't a shelf we're talking about. It's BIG)

Ok sometimes it's easier to adopt another wardrobe ready made and coordinated from a store in your sizes, than to sew your own, or establish a pattern, alter a commercial purchased pattern and customize....after all you just need clothes (not to be unprotected in the weather.)

/so that's why many step into another belief system and wear it instead. It's a ready made culture, and um if carefully selected may pose less obstacles than the original culture. Just call it a different name. Possibly Lutheran, or Est (wasn't that a movement) or move somewhere or join a military training camp between careers. Something big, you know to rehab your culture.
Some choose agnostic ism others atheism (that's a big group) others merge into Protestantism particularly in Americas Bible Belt maybe you fit. It's uh, it's like putting another coat on.

Or painting another coat of paint on, however, the original cultures may occasionally shine through or intervene interfere with you, kind of like another layer of paint, or pulling an old sweater out of the closet to wear under your new coat you just put on.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: December 14, 2016 08:14PM

Never heard of Psych-k before but have heard and have found some success in changing/modifying subconscious beliefs and thus changing your life.

I will watch some of the utube information and see if it adds to the techniques I currently use.

Thanks!

Date: December 15, 2016 12:07PM

Hi Eric,

Psych students/professionals will have the most difficult time with Rob Williams (he is one of you). All those years in study and now this? No way. Rob Williams psych-K did trial and error for many years. Read his book "The Missing Peace in Your Life" Amazon. We are in the Matrix, it has to be hard. If it's easy, it's a hoax. The darkness of the Mormon Church wants us to have no way out, to be stuck in suffering. I had nothing to loose since I was close to death and no hope from doctors. It meant lots of drugs and bedridden. So here I am screaming back there is hope. I see all of your suffering. It needs to stop. I can take all your objections. All my life the people around me did everything they could to destroy me. I faced the church court and their daggers. I'm still standing and alive, What the H, you have noting to loose if your read the book with a skeptic heart.

The church has stolen our identity. It has programmed your hard drive with the wrong information and filled it with viruses, malware and trojans. What is my fantasy: sue the Church for identity thief and all who sign the petition are awarded $100000 dollars. The assets of the Church and wealthy business who profited off the tithed, are NO MORE. All the women and children who were sex molested (incest) are rightfully awarded. Z

Date: December 15, 2016 01:54PM

Zoe Wrote:
> What the
> H, you have noting to loose if your read the book
> with a skeptic heart.

I have $4.99 - $19.99 (depending on whether I get the e-book or the real book) to lose...
:)

Look, my biggest objection involving this pseudo-nonsense is that it takes away from what YOU did. YOU got out of the abusive situations and the church. YOU had the courage and strength to do that. "Psych-k" didn't do that, YOU did. Don't forget that. :)

Date: December 15, 2016 01:24PM

Eric,

I read your post again. I'm one of those humiliated females (programmed worthless) THAT begged for love and approval in the church. I'm glad you're an intellect. Do your hard tested research, to the 10th kind. Call Rob Williams or Stan Hall in Berkeley California. It's possible you have heart walls to protect yourself. Do a search, emotion and body code Dr. Bradley Nelson. I know you want to help people in your practice.

Yesterday, I did positive statements for my brain about opposing reader's comments on the Internet. I did not get triggered off. woo hoo for woo woo -----Laughing to Myself
Bring It On!!! ..... oh and it's pretty simple, the
war between thelight and the dark. I see there are a lot of words on this forum that trigger people off. I will not use them. Z

Date: December 15, 2016 01:35PM

Eric, you didn't call Rob Williams and I will not make you do it. Muscle testing is the brain response to the body. It works. I'm living proof, I'm not in a mental ward, drugged out by the medical doctors. Zoe is not a Zombie

Posted by: fatheredbyparents ( )
Date: December 15, 2016 04:05PM

If by "psych-K" you mean the psychological effects of ketamine, you might be onto something.

Posted by: paontinginthewin ( )
Date: December 15, 2016 04:29PM

To learn or upload or reload in the place of the Mormon system of suggestions, commands, and ideas- which has proved unsafe.
Everyone needs their own "culture" which they might be a good fit in. I am glad that psych-k has ideas and techniques which help you break loone from Mormon suggestions from music and anchors which are regular objects in daily life which were part of ones mormon routine which mayb e serving as cues that trigger inner feelings, and sometimes behaviors. <religion can be a compulsion>

I am positive attitudeside of pushback towards an alternative system of ideas, intuitive inner work just means that that replacement system is not the one for some of them. I like the idea that you are being taught to get internal dialog even if it's not thru pictographs writing visual photos you see in your mind or words but that someone is teaching you a,technique you can use. Then you can hear your unconscious response or from inner parts of yourself. You don't have to be, live conflicted.. because you found a positive superstructure of basic principals to live by and a technique you may utilize to awareness of your own needs, thought, and feelings and safety among others. <WHICH MORMON boundaries took from you> So you can engage in a safe life for yourself and others without all the MOrmond routine

I am glad you found a set of ideas to use as principles, and some techniques to help you.

I like when spiritus said thank you, they are always looking for new techniques (to live safe life for self and others outside mormonism.) I don't know but I wonderror of part of what you were sharing was you were asking for additional like minded techniques you could add to the ones you now know, so it would be easier to continue to succeed. Some of this boards members they shared amazing plans for meditation, stress release, which I combine with some qi gong to set my intent for the day and light incense in a big bell shaped bucket of found Rocks from forest and beach walks [safety first! If I am working with something hot or a flame I put it somewhere safe!] And the smoke of the incense and smell serves as a cue a trigger for me to go about my daily routine and practice qi gong. I ALSO work with a Buddhist priest teaching methods and he suggested 20 minutes of meditation daily no matter what.

Posted by: paontinginthewin ( )
Date: December 15, 2016 04:31PM

Posted by: Paontinginthewin ( )
Date: December 15, 2016 04:44PM

Made it. You are making a new one, a new identity without the church, and that is admirable after you noticing the church hurt you so badly.

I respect that effort Zoe and I think it is admirable to find a system or technique to supercede the Mormon identity of being expected to be missed and hurt by others with some other identity which is safe for yourself and others.

When the techniques you are learning to apply have any limitation you need supports and additional techniques so you can be supported in a new identity a post mormon manifestation of you. Where you can blossom and find skills comfort aND safety Zoe.
We all do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.