Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 08:41AM

Good Morning everyone!!! It is starting out to be a nice day here in Eastern NC but I don't think it is going to last very long though. I got my coffee and my laptop though, so it is going to be okay. I have my last exam tomorrow, so I am going to spend some time preparing for that but not much. Thankfully it is open book, open note and I have a pretty good plan to tackle it.

Other than that, I am probably spend time playing my Sims 3 game, listen to a little Christmas music, and watch some YouTube videos on Urban exploration and abandon places.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 09:23AM

Raining here....much colder with sleet on radar nearing and eventually going to arrive...peaceful morning otherwise. Preparing for the eventual onslaught of Santa Claus then taking my entire family-all twelve of combined children, their spouses and grandchildren- to Hawaii to celebrate fortieth wedding anniversary. Busy, busy, busy. Nail that exam!! I did my last board re-certification in 2015. No more tests except Football Officials test which I write...

Gatorman
8-4
8-3

Posted by: Reprobate23 ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 09:29AM

Cold here, slept in with my guy. Coffee on the couch. I hated when I had to get up dress up and go to church. Always wondered why my Ex picked fights on Sunday morning and was so grumpy. He hated going too!

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 09:24AM

Christmas baking/cooking! Fudge, caramels, strawberry oatmeal bars, chocolate chip cookies, ginger snaps, peanut butter cookies, roasted salted nuts...

Posted by: southbound ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 10:18AM

Still in the oil patch. Sounds like we are not bugging out till the night of the 23 or the morning of the 24th. Hardcore this year. Can't wait to get to the home fires.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 11:51AM

Slept in till 8:30 and it was nice. Drinking coffee and deep cleaning my house, then maybe start some baking for the holidays. My fantastic chicken enchiladas for dinner later, maybe watch Mockingjay Part 1 finally.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 12:39PM

Hubby made coffee early and we sat in the jacuzzi.

The sun is out but for California it's cool, so sitting in the hot water felt great.

We have the tree up and I might finish decorating it later on. Other than that, just lazing around for the rest of the day.
So relaxing.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 01:30PM

I spent 4+ hours yesterday hauling limbs and branches from 5 trees we had cut down in the back yard to the street for pickup tomorrow. Today is another reminder I am not in my 20's anymore. Probably spend most of the day recovering.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 04:18PM

It's freezing cold in the Northeast today, so staying indoors as much as possible.

Doggy had his parlor salon visit today that was overdue. He did alright for a senior dog. Considering the last time he went to the groomers he bit the air dryer, and is banned for life from PetSmart (he left teeth marks on it. Better that than the dog groomer.)

I found a bargain while shopping - a Samsonite rolls under the airline seat carry on piece of luggage, for only $35. Anything else comparable starts @ $59 up. This one rocks, and has the roomy compartments I like for packing. So Santa came early to my house!

:)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2016 04:48PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 04:19PM

I went to church. Not my local LDS chapel which is about 1/2 mile from my house but instead to my closest Anglican parish probably two to three miles away. It is much friendlier and holds more meaning for me. As for the rest of the day, I think I'll watch some football and smoke my pipe. Oh, I'll also drink some coffee.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 04:30PM

Going someplace new.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 05:39PM

Coffee, BS and swearing with friends, shopping for groceries, then more coffee, BS and swearing with friends this afternoon.

RB

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 09:27PM

went to listen / 'see' Handel's Messiah @ Benaroya Hall / Seattle Symphony Chorus.

Although it was fine / Good, but it wasn't the yodeling version I was hoping for...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2016 09:48PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 09:42PM

I'm retired and wandering in rural areas with no schedules or commitments,so my first reaction to this post was, "Oh, it's Sunday?"

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: December 18, 2016 10:34PM

Nothing

Posted by: escapee nli ( )
Date: December 19, 2016 12:56AM

After working all night, I spent some time shopping at Target. And except for taking the canine version of Bamm Bamm Rubble out 3 times, I slept. And it was good.

Other Susan

Posted by: TXRancher ( )
Date: December 19, 2016 01:33AM

Woke up late, went to a girlfriends house and picked her up...went to a bar and drank a lot, watched football. Then back to her place for extracurricular activities in the bedroom. Can't ask for more than that.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 19, 2016 01:51AM

"extracurricular" ?

Posted by: Pariah ( )
Date: December 19, 2016 02:42AM

My family was skiing today, and I stayed home alone, with a cold.

My dog and I watched "Elf" and "Christmas Vacation" and listened to Christmas music, while I dug out all the boxes and bags, from the back my closet, and wrapped them.

This Christmas, starting in November, I bought whatever I thought each person would like, in a more random fashion. I let go of that meticulous list-writing, over-thinking, second-guessing behavior, and shopping was much more fun! I think people don't like to be pestered with the questions, "What do you want for Christmas?" or "What does your child/brother/sister want for Christmas?" This more fun, laid-back attitude probably benefitted my family even more! We are spending more time having fun, rather than shopping.

Always get a gift receipt!

Oh, the skiers came back, frozen. The snow was great, but the cold was painful.

Another Great Sunday, all around!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.