Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ctus ( )
Date: May 14, 2011 05:09PM

I think I am ready to start writing my exit story. I have not actually resigned, as I never felt it mattered. Until now. My exit story is more than just an exit story, it takes much of my life's experience to help understand why I am where I am. I know that is always the case with each of us, but I hope you will not mind if I invite you on this "journey", as I explore my life, experiences and learn to better understand how I landed at this point.

I may post portions before I am finished, I may not. Knowing myself, however, it will not be a matter of simply having a few experiences that led me away. My entire life led me to and away from mormonism. The point is, the process will undoubtedly invoke strong emotions and I may post a little more often and with emotion I cannot predict right now. Please bear with me and forgive me if I lean to heavily. Writing has always been therapy for me and I think I have been afraid to face some of these things. I am ready now. Thank you all for the support you give to all those who ask.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: May 14, 2011 05:16PM

an interesting experience.

I hope to read your Mormon journey. I'm sure many of us will be interested.

Hugs while we await your writings!

Date: May 14, 2011 05:32PM

Thank you Sandie! I look forward to sharing. Sharing the joy, the pain and the growth which will surely come!

Date: May 14, 2011 08:02PM

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: May 14, 2011 05:35PM

My exit letter was 53 pages. It was filled with lots of evidence and not so much perspective and introspection which now I wish I'd done more of. It was a very emotional and healing process nonetheless.

Sounds like yours could have a lot of past experience and events that you being led out not by Satan, but by living inside LDS culture over time.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: May 14, 2011 08:17PM

This is the place to share your painful journey.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.