Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rogermartim ( )
Date: December 23, 2016 06:02PM

I have a "friend" from high school. He was practically a missionary back then extolling his wonderful faith. We both had a Public Speaking class and several times his presentations included snippets from Mormonism. Immediately upon graduation he moved to Utah from our Midwestern town. He did his stint as a missionary, married, and has a whole nest-full of kids.

Fifty years later we had our high school reunion last August and he shows up. He went around the room showing his bevy of kids and grandkids—and if Mormon doctrine permitted it, he probably would have a whole cluster of wives. I was beginning to think that part of this was to tell others that his penis is working well and that he has a good sperm count.

He befriended me on Facebook although I don't know why. He was never really a friend 50 years ago—just acquaintances. This holiday season he is sending out all kinds of Christian thoughts and messages but none of which would betray the extreme differences between mainstream Christianity and Mormonism—one of which is that God the Father physically fucked the Virgin Mary. He does quote from the BofM but again, it is couched in language that would not offend. Today it was on the Sermon on the Mount which had political overtones.

Since Christmas will be on Sunday this year, I am sure he will come back and say what a wonderful and spiritual experience it was to celebrate Christmas at church. I am tempted to ask him if his church will have services next year when Christmas is on Monday. I won't because I am actually enjoying these antics of his at pulling the wool over other people's eyes.

Are Mormons really that shifty-eyed?

Happy Holidays, everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: December 23, 2016 06:50PM

"Are Mormons really that shifty-eyed?"

Yes

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: December 23, 2016 07:58PM

It's a bit embarrassing when they have to quote what they really believe D&C 132. Imagine that on a FB post.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 23, 2016 08:29PM

Actually had to look up the whole "milk before meat" deal having never read more than 5 pages of the B of M and none of the D & C....and full disclosure here, I love cheeseburgers....

RB

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: December 23, 2016 10:41PM

Yeah, milk together with meat is a much better idea. Cheeseburgers. Beef Stroganoff. Grilled cheese and bacon.

But isn't it funny, how today's Mormons want to look just like regular Christians? Sadly, they choose the worst Christians to copy. But that is probably just a holdover from Joseph copying so many odd religious ideas of his time.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 07:03PM

Powdered milk before spam.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: December 25, 2016 08:50AM

Mormon milk is pretty normal. Mormon meat is unsafe to consume, and contains meat byproducts and filler ingredients of questionable origin.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.