Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 03:06PM

Happy Christmas Eve, I hope that you are all trying enjoy the day today even if you have a lot to do.

I have spent most of the morning trying to deep clean my bathroom before my mom's friend comes over for a shower. Mom and I just started making sugar cookies and I am a little annoyed because I don't feel like they will get done in time to get them frosted. In between batches of cookies, we are watching the Christmas episodes popular westerns. We just got done watching Bonanza and now Rawhide is on.

Tomorrow, most of the family will be coming over to exchange presents and my parents and I are going to have a quiet ham dinner together. My sister in law wanted us to come over to her house for dinner, but my mom and I are to worn out to deal with the craziness and noise that is going on over there.

So indulge me, what is everyone's plans for the next couple of days.

Merry Christmas!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 03:12PM

My grown kids and families are coming over throughout this afternoon for a buffet. I don't have room for everyone all at once so we are spacing it out. Will exchange gifts.

Tomorrow will be more low key and include watching our team play football.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 03:17PM

Our son is here, and our oldest daughter and two grandkids. Kind of sad because our younger daughter and her two little ones can't make it this year, but she'll come to stay after Christmas. A little low key so far today - youngest grandson is down with the flu, poor guy.
We're having our turkey dinner and gift opening today since son and daughter both need to head home tomorrow. Friends are coming to dinner tomorrow night for our leftovers!

Posted by: another simi valley sunday ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 03:23PM

No plans other than maybe going to the movies tomorrow. After leaving Mormonism and converting to Judaism, Christmas has become a non-event.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 03:48PM

Going to my brother's for dinner tonight, then tomorrow is a big breakfast. My family's main dinner is on Christmas Eve because my brother and SIL have 2 gatherings with her family that she doesn't feel like she can skip.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 04:12PM

Tonight: feeding the troops. Troops = me, wife, my four stepdaughters; eldest stepdaughter's husband, son, brother-in-law, two sisters-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, nephew; my upstairs sister-in-law and her four kids; my downstairs sister-in-law and her three kids; my downstairs brother- and sister-in-law and their three kids.

Two poodles are as I write this beginning to hover beneath the table searching for dropped food.

The cats are in a pile in the bed with the door closed--they ain't stupid.

At the moment we have three ovens going in three different kitchens--two with turkeys, the third with stuffing. Also on the menu: green salad, carrot/raisin salad; "green" rice (with spinach etc.); taters; French bread; Coke & Sprite; cake with blackberry ice cream + the bags of homemade treats we're handing out, which contain fudge, brownies, and seven different types of cookies.

The goal is for the entire family to have Type 2 Diabetes within 24 hours.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 04:19PM

Have traveled to daughter and SIL house for Xmas Eve. Tomorrow to another daughter and SIL for presents. Remaining immediate family there also as all 12 of us leave for Hawaii early Monday morning to celebrate our now 41 years together. As the commercial once said "priceless".....no single person I am taking to Hawaii is LDS.

Gatorman
8-4
9-3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2016 04:20PM by gatorman.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 04:39PM

Irish coffee & wrapping tonight, more irish coffee & unwrapping tomorrow. Mother-in-law visiting for while, mormon family visited & gifts swapped already - life is good.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 04:40PM

Kind of in limbo here. Awaiting word from our son as to whether they will make it here for Christmas. Little one sick and 300 miles of iffy road between them and us and my little brother has pneumonia so could be a very quiet Christmas day here.

RB

ps:just heard from them that the 4 year old is still sick so thay may hit the road in the early AM if she improves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2016 05:21PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 04:44PM

BFF's for dinner and presents tonight. Expecting ice tomorrow so will be hanging out on the couch. My family celebrated Christmaka on the 18th.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 04:46PM

It's just BF and me with the kitties. We're headed out to a Mormon reception right after Xmas, so we're playing it low-key. Going to clean and pack, have rib-eyes and lobster tails tomorrow instead of a usual meal production.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 04:56PM

Poochy got a new doggy bed today for Christmas to replace the one that's all worn out. And a new doggy toy for tomorrow morning. He could care less what day it is. That's more for my record keeping than his. :)

I'm still eating on a pot of chili made on Thursday. It's good enough to get me through Christmas. Have been in touch with some relatives - it's always nice to hear from loved ones this time of year.

Otherwise, nothing heavy duty.

Joyeaux Noel !!!!

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 05:23PM

Already celebrated it last weekend with gifts and big dinner. Finally finished off the leftovers yesterday, well, except we still have a ton of sugary things around. I'm about to watch "Elf" and then continue my novel I'm reading.

MIL was at the early gathering last weekend, but we're going down her way tomorrow to take her out to Chinese buffet for lunch, which she's totally thrilled about, and then I will take a look at her computer, which she's having issues with . . .again.

We're trying to own the day, rather than let it own us.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 05:30PM

Landing off Alaska Airlines flight in Juneau tonight just in time to meet preschool grandkids before Xmas morning

Oh & I hear we are eating something sometime somewhere
So it'll be alright when this plane my plane gets out of the air

Oops got to set phone airplane mode
Mmm fantasies of pie ala mode
Probably a shot of whiskey watching the dark night with family tonight

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2016 05:35PM by paintinginthewin.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 06:53PM

My biological mother and her boyfriend came over for a visit and just left a little bit ago. I am about to get some supper and settle down for the evening because there will be a lot to do tomorrow once I am up. Allie and Zoey (my cats) know that there is something up because they are acting rather strange. I am definitely getting a bit tired so I will probably go to bed early tonight.

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 07:20PM

Getting ready to drive around and look at Christmas lights with the kids. Then we are going for snacks and a movie with my brother. Some people watch a Christmas movie, we always watch "Alien" on Christmas Eve!

Tomorrow rather than traditional church services we are having a free Christmas breakfast for the homeless (and anybody else).
Live music and all sorts of activities. Expecting 200-300 people to attend!

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 07:26PM

made cookies yesterday, had an early day at work. Tomorrow the families are coming over. And I'll be going to sacrament meeting in the morning as well. (I haven't been to a church all year)

Posted by: Joe Smith ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 08:30PM

Since Emma is visiting her mother, I'm getting an early Christmas present from the nanny. Tomorrow, I'm going out for a little treasure hunting with my peep stone. I found a sap to pay me to look for "lost" tools under the snow. It's a living.

Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 09:05PM

This afternoon, my hubby and I went to his extended family's annual Christmas dinner and gift exchange at a rural farm that has been in his family for about 70 years.

Tonight, I made a big batch of hot chocolate and homemade sugar cookies to snack on.

Tomorrow, we will go to our local, country Baptist church for a REAL Christmas service -- no Smithmas there!

Then we'll come home, exchange presents, and have the homemade chili that I am setting up in the crock pot before I go to bed this evening.

Nice, quiet Christmas.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 10:45PM

Having a rather quiet Christmas Eve and day. My younger brother, my SIL and some of their kids have pneumonia . So I nuked myself and my TBM dad some Stouffer's Stuffed Peppers. Played one of my new games I got myself on my PS$. It's The Lego Movie.

Tommorow my dad and I might go to church. It's only SM. But it's really windy(in the late teens) and cold here. We've also had snow off and on the last few days. We got a White Christmas but no on Christmas Day or Eve. WSe might be going out to eat for Christmas since my SIL has pneumonia. She's been fighting it for a few weeks.

So basically my dad is off to bed to bed already( he had to work today). Poncho and I are just relaxing in my room.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 24, 2016 10:54PM

Crying over Seahawk loss

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 25, 2016 12:12AM

Getting together with kids and both ex-spouses. We are remodeling, so it will be at their homes. Anticipating a very good day. :)

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: December 25, 2016 02:21PM

I went yesterday, 12/24 with my daughter, daughter in law and 3 grandkids to see "SING". (Cute movie but I was worn out by the time it was over.)

By the time we were done, it was raining like crazy so I came home after I stopped for some Chinese buffet. Won't be going there again.

Wake up today, 8 inches of snow outside. I'm invited to my ex's house for Christmas dinner and have convinced my son, who's here from Wyoming, to come be my taxi ride there. I HATE driving in snow (and have done most of my life) and having lived in Las Vegas for 17 years made my dislike of it even worse.

Merry Christmas to all.

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: December 25, 2016 07:42PM

First Christmas Eve service at my new church last night. It was NOT a huge, seamless, tv worthly production like at my former church, but it was meaningful. My boys and husband were there.

The extended family was scattered to the four winds this year so it was just us for Christmas dinner. We all agreed it was really nice. It was a lot easier for me to prep and clean up for 4 rather than 18. The one family who was going to come over cancelled after I had prepped all the food, so we have lots of leftovers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.