Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 03:31PM

Wonder how the LDS members find you? Here are the official instructions!

This is also how collection attorneys find you also.

No stone is left unturned: family, other members, court docs, phone co, PO, web sites, and on and on.

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Locating_members

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LeftTheMorg ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 03:55PM

That's pretty bad. Especially using voter Registration. People are told they are not to use Voter Registration for commercial purposes, and Churches certainly are commercial enterprises even though our government gives them special status.

Posted by: pickleweed ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 09:16PM

That's creepy! I was hoping it would simply be a case of moving and not telling the church my new address so they'd never find me.
Apparently not! I hope they don't pester my parents for my location, parents who's details they forced me to give when five people turned up to make me sign my baptism paperwork.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 12:42PM

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 01:00PM

Thank You!

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 01:19PM

It is so vitally important that we get everyone assimilated back into our most honest/truthful/transparent church in the history of the world :) Do any of you have mothers who are very seasoned in the church and way past the point of no return as far as emotional investment is concerned? If you do then please send us their names, phone numbers, addresses, and anything else that would be helpful to the speakers in their Ward Sacrament meetings, Stake Conferences, General Conferences, and other settings. That way the speakers can especially craft appropriate messages to inspire them to be guilt ridden so that your Moms will work harder to get you re-assimilated into the joyous wonderment of Mormonism. Of course we'll try to get other relatives and friends of yours from your TBM days likewise enlisted with guilt trips ad nauseum so you can be contacted in many diverse ways to get the process started on getting you re-assimilated into the fold.

Date: January 16, 2017 02:17PM

Honest TBM

oh how well we know all about this!! :-)

Posted by: stan J ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 02:21PM

CULT!!!!

"You can't escape us."

Date: January 16, 2017 02:35PM

This info is in the link is all legal. There is nothing nefarious about this system of finding people. It can be used by anyone. It really has nothing to do with a religion, specifically.
It's how a detective does a "skip chase" and finds people for a variety of reasons, warrants for instance.
It's how Bounty Hunters find people also.
It's how attorneys find people who have bought up debts.
There are many detective sites on line that you can pay a fee to look up people and do a background check also.
This is the world we live in today!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 03:31PM

It's the idea that a church would use bounty hunter tactics to try to force people actively go back to a faith they'd left. We're talking about people who are not accused of any crime and do not have owe on outstanding debts but are treated as if they are guilty of crime or financial malfeasance.

Date: January 17, 2017 12:31AM

I don't have any idea why the LDS Church is so adamant about finding their members. To what end? If they wanted to be active, and attend, they would. Seems pretty simple to me!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.