Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Atheistboard ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 12:47AM

You cant be pro-Jesus here. This is an atheist site.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: will log in 4 food ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 12:51AM

Oh Christ, not you again.

Posted by: will log in 4 food ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 02:07AM

Born in a bale o' hay in Galilee
Driest place that ya ever did see
Hated those figs so he cursed ev'ry tree
Made him some wine when he was only three

Jesus, Jesus Crockett
King of the mild frontier

Is that pro-Jesus enough for you?

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 12:53AM

You can say anything you like that is "pro-Jesus", as long as you don't pretend that what you are saying is backed up by facts.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 02:12AM

Buddy Jesus backs me up with a wink and a thumbs up. No backup singers, those are for Stan.

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 12:55AM

Not usually censorship. You can post most things Mormon related, but you will often face opposition for things that seem friendly toward traditional Christianity.

But compared to the opposition we Christians faced under Nero, the people on this forum are a bunch of wimps.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 08:30AM

Tall Man, Short Hair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> But compared to the opposition we Christians faced
> under Nero, the people on this forum are a bunch
> of wimps.

Or it's possible the people on this forum aren't interested in actually persecuting you Christians in the same way Nero did.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 01:04PM

You can talk about your own experiences and beliefs. What is not acceptable for this board is telling others what they *should* do or believe, iow statements that come across as preaching.

The reason is that people 'recovering' from bad experiences with religion aren't helped by more preaching and this site is set up specifically to help people in that situation.

It's not a worldwide conspiracy to repress Christianity. Just a focused intent to assist a certain segment of people.

I have often talked about my experiences with Christianity and my own beliefs on that front and have never had a problem, either with posters or Admin here.

As is so often the case, it is all in the way you say things. On RfM, it's relating personal experience vs adopting preacher mode, the latter not being acceptable, for valid reasons as stated above.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 01:30AM

You can be pro-Jesus, but you can't preach, attack others, nor post under multiple screen names (as you have been doing.) Atheists are likewise free to challenge your views. If this upsets you, perhaps you should find a board more to your liking.

Keep in mind that the board moderators can see your IP address and can confirm when you change your screen name.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2017 01:33AM by summer.

Posted by: Putina ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 01:39AM

Keep in mind that the board moderators can see your IP address and confirm when you change your screen name.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 01:43AM

Putina Wrote:
> Keep in mind that the board moderators can see
> your IP address and confirm when you change your
> screen name.

Serious question: So, if you know this, why are you doing this?

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 01:40AM

All set to "witness" at us, eh? Read the board rules. You won't last long.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 01:43AM

Whining again? Follow the rules.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 01:52AM

Jesus, who? I work with a friend from Mexico named Jesus. Is that who you're talking about? My friends call me geezus. Have been burdoned with that for years. Bet this isn't censored. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus...Nope. Not censored. Weird. Must be lucky today. Jesus!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 02:03AM

Plenty of people say pro-JC stuff here. They just can't be preachy jerks about it. That is too high of a bar for some people to clear.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 02:22AM

I try very hard to be equally critical of all gods!

I have to admit, I have a hard time criticizing Ganesha though. He's so cute.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 02:31AM

dagny Wrote:
> I have to admit, I have a hard time criticizing
> Ganesha though. He's so cute.

Yes, he is!!!

:)

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 02:29AM

Is there supposed to be something wrong with being an atheist? Would I be better off to believe in human sacrifice and ritual cannibalism and worshiping some asshole deity that drowned all but eight of his children? I have not encountered any censorship on RFM about Jesus but your post sounds as if you would like a forum where my comments against your God beliefs are censored. I got away from that kind of bullshit crocodile tears about censorship and one-sided control when I left Mormonism.

Posted by: Darin ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 10:38AM

michaelm,

If you understood Christianity you would relies that we are not all children of God. That is a Mormon doctrine lie. To be a child of God you must be a born again believer. Therefor God saved the only eight people that were His (adopted) children.(Romans 8, John 1)

IF you would study Genesis 6 you would understand just who God killed in the flood, and why. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=485oBQ1TvnA That is a great video to start with

There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. (Genesis 6-4)

The story of the flood is about genetic manipulation and turning men into giants and monsters. Its about fallen angels having relations with women and producing a corrupted form of humanity.

There is a lot of proof of giants and "aliens" if you care to do the study on this subject. It is a very fascinating subject to study. http://lamarzulli.net/ is a must visit for info an this subject.

Posted by: aaron ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 11:10AM

this is satire right? you dont really believe this nonsense do you?

Date: January 22, 2017 11:14AM

Giants and aliens? Would you like me to provide you with credible sources from scientists to show how much BS that is? I threw the Book of Mormon away and have no use for more garbage and pseudo claims. And I refuse to worship any God that would destroy all humans except 8. Whether someone says the murdered souls were God's children or not is irrelevant to me.

Date: January 22, 2017 11:25AM

"And I refuse to worship any God that would destroy all humans except 8. Whether someone says the murdered souls were God's children or not is irrelevant to me."

Exactly!!

And I refuse to accept a book as real or "true" only because it says it is. You use the bible to prove the bible is true....hmmmm.

Date: January 22, 2017 11:34AM

I use the Bible to prove the Bible is true? Where did I say that? I don't believe in the God of the Bible. He doesn't exist. And I don't believe there was a flood that destroyed all humans except 8. I don't believe in the human sacrifice of Jesus and I don't practice ritual cannibalism in symbolically eating his flesh and drinking his blood. So how did I use the Bible to prove that the Bible is true?

Date: January 22, 2017 11:35AM

I'm sorry for the confusion, I was agreeing with you. I was adding to your argument with the guy above. Darin I believe.

Date: January 22, 2017 11:37AM

No problem, I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning and realized what you were saying right after I posted.

Date: January 22, 2017 11:44AM

its all good! We atheists have to stick together. If not, the believers will take their message of love and lynch us in the town square.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 23, 2017 07:51AM

You talk about the Bible as if those things actually happened. They didn't, it's all a mashup of old myths. Of course there are some good morality tales, same as with LOTR, but Adam and Eve are exactly as real as Frodo and Sam.

About those ancient aliens, I have a friend who remote viewed the future while tripping balls. It's much more likely that shamans on psychedelic plant brews saw jet planes and spacecraft and wrote down their visions than these objects actually visited the ancients.

The ancient world before 11,000 years ago was in some ways far more advanced than our modern one, as demonstrated by the pyramids. To say they got help from aliens is a cop out. They did it themselves. We're just too dumb to figure out how.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 23, 2017 09:22AM

I wrote a lengthy, well-researched paper on the very likely possibility that psychedelics "created" religion last semester. It must have been good, because I received a perfect score.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 02:35AM

I like the Doobie Brothers song, "Jesus is Just All Right With Me."

I like the silver crosses in vampire movies.

One of my favorite movies is "Life of Brian."

How much more pro Jesus could I be?

Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 10:01AM

Cast of the shoes! Follow the gourd!

The holy gourd of Jerusalem

Posted by: Trolling for Jesus ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 02:41AM

Who.
Who let the dogs out?
Elder Old Dog!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 04:28AM

if this was a pro-Atheist site you wouldn't be allowed to spew your vomit.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 05:23AM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 05:43AM

There are ex-Mo Christians here. The board has created a safe place for Atheist ex-Mos to have their corner of cyberspace where they're free to express themselves. It can be disconcerting to those who retained their belief in deity after checking out of Mormonism.

Your views are welcome here, it's preaching that is forboden.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2017 05:44AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 08:50AM

Considering the site,what it is, and why it is here...most people don't want any more of that proselytizing..

Posted by: dodo ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 09:30AM

Ever since I left the morgish lifestyle, I have become more "pro-Jesus" than I was as a true believer. I say "Jesus" all the time now and it seems fitting. For example when I pinched my finger with a tree lopper, I said "Jesus" about 12 times. When I get my electric bill, again I say "Jesus". Gawd knows what's in my heart and Jesus is just alright by me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ9WHaSKlgU

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 09:40AM

I hear ya. When I say "Oh God," these days, or "Oh, my God," is not taking the Lord's name in vain.

It really is a prayer of sorts. If those were the last words I ever utter, I don't have a problem with that.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 10:22AM

It occurs to me that one of the reasons that this site is a refuge (beside the fact that I have former mormonism disease) is that the discourse here is decidedly different than the common conversation of late.

Most conversation in most other environments are such that someone has an opinion and their method of expression is to take the voice of 'teacher' to lecture others on how the listener is not as educated or enlightened because they are less informed or just plain dumb and the person talking proceeds to speak in a condescending manner, oozing with a superior attitude.

This has been happening in the religious environment for as long as religion has existed. Now it has spread to the secular world and is killing discourse.

This site and it's 'code of conduct' has cultivated an environment where condescension is looked upon with similar disdain as preaching.

I like it. It is a breath of breathable air in a world so filled with divisiveness and lack of empathy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2017 10:23AM by csuprovograd.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 11:53AM

This comes up on a periodic basis. Christians are very welcome here, just not preaching. I believe it to be healthy to be a skeptic of religious claims, especially after years of activity in Mormonism. That seems to upset Christians who preach to us. I like to reiterate my personal view from years of experience here - Please take a year or two off from all religion when first leaving Mormonism. Let your mind rewire. A fresh perspective after some time studying literature, music, hobbies, activities with family and friends etc. is a far better basis to then judge religion or spirituality or joining another religious organization. Preaching to those who are still hurting from their cult experience will be deleted.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 11:59AM

Here's the bottom line. This is a busy forum. Everyone has the chance to express their views on Mormonism and sometimes on religion in general.

But no one is obligated to read every thread on the forum. I read what interests me and I don't read what doesn't and that usually includes talking about Jesus.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 12:00PM

I've had posts deleted. So what? I don't make the rules.

If I get something for free, I don't complain.

Why? Because I'm an adult.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: January 23, 2017 07:09AM

Where's the -LIKE- button?????

Come on Eric...for only $19.95......
Act now and I will throw in another one for FREE!!!!
(...just pay shipping and handling...)

(...all tongue-in-cheek...)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 12:17PM

Haters gonna hate. Here and elsewhere. Been there...been hated on before.

RB

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 12:28PM

I like Jesus!!!

It's those who claim to follow him who've earned a bad rap.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 22, 2017 01:06PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGGt5Yw8TRw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2017 01:07PM by anybody.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: January 23, 2017 08:28AM

Jesus is great. Judgemental "Christians" are the problem.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 23, 2017 08:58AM

I thought that we had come to a consensus that we could talk about Our Lord and Saviour, Alpha and Omega, The Big Guy, etc., so long as we referred to him as Jebus.

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: January 23, 2017 10:12AM

Also acceptable are "the Lawd" or "the Lard." ;)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 23, 2017 09:16AM

You can say anything "pro-Jesus" you want here.
Other people can criticize what you say.

How about that, this place isn't biased *towards* magic jesus believers. Very refreshing.
Unfortunately some magic jesus believers can't stand that, and think it makes the board "atheist." How silly of them.

(there are many, many, MANY believers here who don't think that. I appreciate and respect each of them)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.