Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 08:00PM

Last night, I was cornered by a man who threatened me with a knife. He told me that he would slit my throat if I didn’t reveal unto him the first token of the Melchizedek priesthood, or sign of the nail, with its accompanying name and sign.

Was I frightened? Of course I was, but I saw this as a teachable moment. I calmly explained to him that if he was going to threaten to slit my throat, he really should be demanding the first token of the Aaronic priesthood, with its accompanying name and sign. If he truly wanted the first token of the Melchizedek priesthood, or sign of the nail, with its accompanying name and sign, he should be threatening to cut open my body so that my bowels will gush out.

He asked me if I was certain, and I assured him that I was. I told him that he could know these truths for himself if he would just pray and have the Holy Ghost testify to him. Either that, or he could go back in time (before 1990), get a temple recommend, and see for himself.

I hope he finds the truth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 08:35PM

Yeah, mormon muggers are the worst. :(

Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 09:05PM

I liked how you handled it. I thought it was humorous.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 09:08PM

That's it?????

Well at least you didn't get the $#^/ beat out of you for not revealing anything only to find out later that all went away and it didn't really matter that you held your tongue.

Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: February 01, 2017 10:16AM

sheesh! Normally they offer to buy the signs and tokens before they jump into threats of violence. Your Mormon mugger was way off base.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.