Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 11:08AM

Good Morning Everyone. I am feeling kind of blah this morning so I probably am not going to be doing very much today. The only thing that I know that I am going to be doing is to today is homework.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 11:27AM

Started off with doing my taxes, did some laundry, will do homework in a bit. This afternoon it is a superbowl party. I may even imbibe in a beer during it.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 11:54AM

Just finished writing about Bowen's reaction and drinking some French pressed coffee. Going to take a very needy malamute for a walk pretty soon, putter around the house and make steaks and potatoes for dinner. The only part of the Superbowl I find interesting is the half-time show and I hope Lady Gaga does a fantastic job tonight.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 12:09PM

* Will likely dip into and out of the Super Bowl... especially if Atlanta's looking good...

* Got a ton of homework (Spanish). Have to write a "what if" composition--i.e., using the subjunctive mood, which my brain refuses to learn for some reason.

* My Spanish school is having a clothes drive for local poor families. As my wife has been overfeeding me--and, not wanting to hurt her feelings, I have helped her in that effort--I have a closet full of too-small clothes I need to gather to bring to school.

* Cooking pasta and maybe a batch of fudge. (Fudge is a little-known diet food...)

* Posting crap to Facebook.

* The dumbbells are sitting there in the corner, looking at me coyly.

* Cat 4.0 ate something he shouldn't have and puked all over the living room. So there's that.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 01:03PM

It's especially fun when you unsuspectingly step in a pile of cold cat puke in bare feet. That happens at least a few time a month in my house. :P

A couple of weeks ago BF found an impressive amount of bone-dry kitty barf in the valance. I guess it was convenient for whoever was sitting on the cat-tree that time. We have no idea how long it had been there, yuck.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 02:04PM

LOL. I typically hear my cat puking somewhere, then don't find it for days.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 09:50PM

Weird. I find it right away in my house. Because the cat *always* throws up on whatever paperwork I am trying desperately to finish and submit at the moment.

Or else my pillow.

Posted by: scotchipman ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 01:18PM

Going for a bike ride then for sure watching the Super Bowl and playing along live on the FireFan app making in-game predictions! If you don't have FireFan you can sign up for free at www.firefan.com, use code ski for bonus tokens. After you sign up go to the app store and download FireFan then log in with the same information you signed up with. Enjoy the game!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2017 01:18PM by scotchipman.

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 01:46PM

Just got back from my bike ride; skipped the Unitarians today.

Even though I grew up in Alabama, I've never been much into football so will probably pass on the super bowl. Until yesterday I didn't even know who was in it.

This afternoon I'll do some chores around the house and get started grading papers for the coming week.

We would normally go to poker this evening; but today the usual sports bar poker game is pre-empted by a very elaborate and expensive super bowl party. Maybe there'll be a Marx Brothers movie on TV, and there's always the hot tub.

The rich, full life....

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 02:25PM

I took a long peaceful drive and thought about important things I have to get done this week

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 03:54PM

Woke up to the sound of my 4 year old granddaughter. Bliss.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 04:42PM

I've been working on one of my projects that I enjoy: making greeting cards.
It's Super Bowl Sunday, so I'll be watching the game, alone this year. (Easier on the ear drums, anyhow!:-)
My husband loved football as well as my mother who watched mostly college games.

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 06:33PM

We went to hear my FIL preach at a tent revival this morning. He is a fire and brimstone preacher. I am always amazed at how he can work the crowd into a frantic mess - crying, shouting, speaking in tongues (sounds like pig-Latin to me), rolling and shaking on the floor.

Way, way more interesting than SM, but a little goes a long way!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 06:40PM

Social media with the superbowl on TV for background noise.

Posted by: ericka ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 07:52PM

Watching marathon of Mary Tyler Moore show.

I remember thinking how unrealistic that show was. I'd never known any woman who had an apartment, job, car, or clothing like she did, and paid for it all herself. It just didn't seem possible at the time. I viewed it as a fairy tale.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 09:05PM

Red in bed - so I wouldn't be blue.

After eating 3+ meals?

Dipping my hands in the big bowls while watching the "stupidbowl".

Hoping to sleep all week, and not get too weak, while losing all this wait I found today. Oooshh! Washing it down. Then laying down! Forever.

A little RFM for dessert-

M@t

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 10:11PM

Watching movies on the pvr and out fav British shows and a bit of golf and NOT watching the Super Bowl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.