Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 01:04AM

I think most sensible people will agree the LDS Church has lied to its members and to the human population world wide. Some of the lies include how the Book of Mormon was produced, how old the earth is, and lots more.

It is a fact Joseph Smith put a rock in his hat to produce the Book of Mormon. There is not proof he ever read gold plates behind a curtain. If God used a rock to "translate" why would God need lies like reading behind a curtain. Easy - the story of reading is easier to believe.

How else does TSCC lie?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 03:00AM

Because it's a money-driven cult...

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 03:07AM

I think there is a scripture that says that Satan is the father of all lies. So there.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 07:45AM

They use the word inspiration a lot. They want the whole world to know that they are so driven by divine counsel and prayer, yet it is run no different than any other conglomerate. Those leaked videos prove just that. It's all data driven with surveys to reassure themselves that their scams will continue to work.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 08:44AM

themaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is a fact Joseph Smith put a rock in his hat to
> produce the Book of Mormon.

Well, let's be clear: THAT is a lie, too. The church for many years told another lie to cover up THAT lie, but Smith didn't produce the book of mormon by putting a rock in a hat. He put a rock in a hat and *pretended* to be able to see things in the rock. He lied -- he didn't see anything in the rock in the hat. The rock in the hat didn't produce the book of mormon -- Smith and others wrote it themselves. The rock in the hat was his confidence trick to get gullible people like Martin Harris to believe he was a "seer" -- he wasn't.

Posted by: westerly62 ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 09:44AM

Even as exmos we make the mistake of allowing the TSCC to define the terms in our discussions.

As you pointed out, the BoM is a complete fabrication so when we fall into the trap of saying that; "Joseph Smith *translated* the BoM with a rock in a hat", we're giving undue credence to the whole charade. Smith never *translated* a damn thing.

Same goes for statements like; "Joseph Smith *married* 34 women, some of whom had living husbands". Joseph Smith *married* one woman and had adulterous affairs with several others. A goofy ceremony and sex, does not a marriage make.

Martyred = Frontier justice gun battle
Revelation = Pretending to channel the first person words of deity
Saints = Members of a radical fringe religious sect

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 10:31AM

God needed Joseph to marry other men's wives (or teenage daughters) with or without their knowledge and screw anything that moved. That required quite a bit of lying. Maybe Kolob was in Joseph's pants because that's obviously where God lived. Binary star systems, anyone?

It also seems that God needed to lie to get money because Joseph was kind of lazy. Widows and orphans funded his lifestyle just fine. Certainly enough to live like a king. Shouldn't God have it good?

God needs TSCC to make old Joe look like a saint. That means telling a lot of whoppers.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 10:50AM

The lying is absolute proof (according to their own scriptures) that they do not represent God:

D&C 50:17-18
17 Verily I say unto you, he that is ordained of me and sent forth to preach the word of truth by the Comforter, in the Spirit of truth, doth he preach it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?
18 And if it be by some other way it is not of God.

D&C 93:24-26
24 And truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;
25 And whatsoever is more or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a liar from the beginning.
26 The spirit of truth is of God…

D&C 63:17
17 Wherefore, I, the Lord, have said that the fearful, and the unbelieving, and all liars, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie, and the whoremonger, and the sorcerer, shall have their part in that lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

D&C 129:7
7 ...it is contrary to the order of heaven for a just man to deceive;...

2 Nephi 9:34
34 Wo unto the liar, for he shall be thrust down to hell.

2 Nephi 28:8-11
And there shall also be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God--he will justify in committing a little sin; yea, lie a little ...; there is no harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God.
9 Yea, and there shall be many which shall teach after this manner, false and vain and foolish doctrines, and shall be puffed up in their hearts, and shall seek deep to hide their counsels from the Lord; and their works shall be in the dark. ...
11 Yea, they have all gone out of the way; they have become corrupted.

Jeremiah 48:10
Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully...

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 11:00AM

When testimonies are borne to attest that the Church is true its because the truthfulness of the Church is built upon the foundation of being first and foremost the most honest, truthful, and transparent church or organization anywhere. If the Church wasn't so super-transparent then instead of calling it the "true church" we'd have to call it the "deceitful church". And how do you think that would sound in F&T meetings if the kids say "I love my mommy and daddy. I know the chooch is deteetful". No siree as that would destroy the church's reputation and Heavenly Father would have a huge mess to fix here on Earth. The kids need to be able to say "chooch is choo" and get well-assimilated early on so they'll be good loyal defenders of the faith.

I must say that one of the most effective tools in the Church for destroying websites like this is the large army of missionaries who can boldly prove to the naysayers (and anyone who listens to them) that the Church is indeed a super-transparent organization.

Investigator: Hi Elder, I heard a rumor online that your church is deceitful about its sacrament meeting attendance numbers.
Missionary: I'm sorry to hear that you heard such a sad rumor. Being part of a true church gives us assurance that the Church is super-transparent on everything.
Investigator: Where can I find the sacrament meeting attendance numbers by Ward globally each week for the year 2016?
Missionary: I'm not sure. But I'll call our hotline to find out.
Investigator: Ok thank you.
[5 minutes later]
Missionary: Can I get your email address so I can forward to you the URL?
Investigator: Sure, its [email address].
Missionary: Thanks. Just sent it to you.
Investigator: Ok good I see this now. Thank you. It appears that those people on the internet are lying about the Church in saying you are a dishonest crooked organization.
Missionary: Its sad to see that people do that. It sure helps when people talk to missionaries and get their concerns resolved. Its so vital for us to be super-transparent as it helps people want to learn more about the restored gospel.
Investigator: Yes I agree. With that in mind I have some questions about Joseph Smith.
Missionary: Sure .....

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 11:10AM

The LDS "God" is an a------.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 12:10PM

The rock in the hat was just another staged performance for the curious.It to is BS. ole Joe had a very vivid imagination and I think he had this story in his head for a very long time (Emma telling of his story many years before) So along with other books and the bible and his cohort friends / relatives, put it all together to write a book. This book was intended to be sold for money. They all had visions of getting rich from the sells. Joe being Joe and the failure to sell in Canada, he / they had to do something.

Copy and paste this for a very interesting read about it.

http://richkelsey.org/book_of_mormon_printing_arrangem.htm

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 12:23PM

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 07:55PM

Mormons jump on the idea of not "throwing your pearls before swine" as an excuse to lie.

Posted by: Kathleen nli ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 08:19PM

Many believe Sidney Rigdon wrote the BoM and got Smith to try and market the thing.

Rock in the hat??? Geesh!!!

Googling *Sidney Rigdon wrote the Book of Mormon* brings up some interesting results.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 17, 2017 09:46PM

Makes sense

Posted by: ericka ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 11:10PM

I think the question about lying can be simplified.

The real question is, is there anything they haven't lied about?

Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: February 16, 2017 11:36PM

Well, JS decided to form a false religion to glorify himself and in doing so, defrauded the world The people aren't to blame for this mess. Thank goodness for some of the people from the inside leaking information on TSCC church and the church authorities who do see through it need to have the character and integrity to do the same

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2017 11:37PM by canary21.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 17, 2017 09:44PM

How far would a religion go with a guy that looked in his hat to translate his own book? Not very far

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 18, 2017 02:46AM

The recent Really Big whoppers were told by Gordon B.S. Hinckley, includingg he said that 'church history is an Open Book, we have nothing to hide'

(Un?)Fortunately, tscc hasn't found the balls to either confirm or refute that...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2017 02:49AM by GNPE.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 18, 2017 03:23AM

is how religions work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2017 03:31AM by steve benson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.