Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: February 18, 2017 07:48PM

It was near Halloween time when my friends and I were telling ghost stories. My friend said she was going to tell a story about her parents' first date. She said she didn't like telling the story, since it was actually true, but we prodded her on.
To cut to the chase, the parents had spent a nice, if not awkward, first date, and around the time that they would have said "good night," the man in the situation - my friend's dad -suggested that they go for a midnight hike up Provo Canyon. He apparently knew the place since he had done a fair amount of rock climbing in the area. So, the two drove up the mouth of the canyon, got out of their cars, and started hiking under just the light of the stars since it was a new moon.

At some point, the man starts getting a "bad feeling," since the pathway ahead, which would pass under some trees, would be dark, and because it was getting to be quite late. He ignores the feeling and presses on. In later retellings of the story, the woman would say that she had felt the same feeling, though she didn't know the trail like he did.

A minute later, the feeling came back to the man. He ignored it again and started walking a bit of the way into the trees when his foot hit something "soft" in the middle of the path. Under the trees, it was too dark to see just what this soft thing was, and the feeling came back stronger than ever. Instead of finding out what his foot had bumped into, he and the woman both agreed to hightail it out of there...

Years later, after being married for some time, they were watching an interview with the serial killer, Ted Bun-dy. In response to a question asking him to describe the time that he felt the closest to being caught, he explained about the night that he lured a girl into Provo Canyon and had just killed her when he heard some people coming up the trail. He explained how he hid in the trees just in time, only to watch some guy walk right into the body, and for some reason, just turn around and walk away."

Found it here: http://www.ranker.com/list/real-life-creepypastas/michaelchoi?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=pd&utm_campaign=Creepypasta_Stories_BOOST&asid=6074046836506

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 18, 2017 08:17PM

I would love to tell some of the ted b. stories I know. He was a frightening person. but I think the subject is banned

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: February 18, 2017 08:37PM

Only the last name is banned, because of recent history with another B family. If you have some stories, I'm rather curious about them.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 18, 2017 09:06PM

I'd love to hear any Ted stories too. I have one, although I wasn't really involved.

From Wikipedia, his victims from 1974 included: October 2: Nancy Wilcox (16): Ambushed, assaulted, and strangled in Holladay, Utah;body buried (according to him) near Capitol Reef National Park, 200 miles (320 km) south of Salt Lake City, but never found[

This girl's sister lived in my ward, although I was married by then and had moved away. My parents were still there and mom told me several times how tragic this was for her sister/family. I don't remember her sister's married name now but I think they moved after she was found to be closer to her parents.

I don't remember all of the details by any means.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2017 09:11PM by memikeyounot.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 18, 2017 09:09PM

You'd think the real FPS would be that they came up the trail just in time to save the girl, or that they would have found the body, leading to an investigation and TB's quick capture .

I guess the Holy Ghost was off that night.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.