Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: paulk ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 09:33AM

I am in charge of the ward programs. I got a note from the bishopric counselor to make sure to get them printed and ready early. Apparently the stake presidency will be attending our sacrament meeting tomorrow and the bishopric wants to make sure everything is ship-shape. It's literally like if a colonel was coming to visit the unit.

The stake does the same thing if a general authority is coming to visit. They admonish everyone to be in their seats 15 minutes early and they fuss over every detail. Of course a GA visit is like a General coming to inspect.

I find it odd how much lower-ranking Church leaders want to impress higher-ranking Church leaders. I'm pretty sure Jesus would want people to hear what he had to say, rather than fussing over having the programs ready early and people sitting quietly in their seats before he got there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 10:19AM

"Hogan, the Inspector General will be here to visit Stalag 13, and Sergeant Schultz will see to it that you and your men have everything ship-shape, so no shenanigans!"

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 10:26AM

The church is a business and the leaders are like any managers in a business: lower and middle management kiss up to upper management. And,like in any business, it's not the cream that rises to the top, but something else.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 12:48PM

They are mostly a BAD joke!

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 03:56AM

Ohhhhhh .......... the fun that could be had with the church program.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 04:23AM

It is humorous indeed when an old apostle is treated like a celebrity and therefore thinks hes a celebrity with a lower GA as his body guard it is very humerous, sorry Bednar you're not tupac

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 11:16AM

Many years ago a small paper in Provo published a photo of the 12. The caption identified them as the 12 apostates.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 11:21AM

That was actually BYU's campus paper.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 11:44AM

Paulk, you are kind with your adjectives. I find the Church Hierarchy sickenly arrogant, seekers of glory, prestige, power and the almighty dollar and owners of voices that turn my stomach.

I see their ingenuous smiles and hear their so-called inspired words with the ingenuous overtones and I truly wonder how they can live with themselves.

But then I remind myself that I do know how they do it. They do not even think twice about the fact that they are conning people out of their gold teeth, healthy food verses crap, and on and on.

They have long ago sold their souls down the river of greed.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 12:30PM

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 12:46PM

Interesting stuff. I think I'm going to have to bone up on this.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.